Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should definitely sign Bol Bol... Have another stretch guy to compete alongside Wemby during practice while coming off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hearing lots of speculation that Siakam might be on the way out…wouldn’t bode well for our Toronto pick next year - hope they don’t totally blow it up.
    There was supposedly major conflict between FVV/Siakam, and their younger core last year. FVV's gone, and shipping out Siakam would kind of tie that off.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami doesn't even have enough assets to satisfy Portland let alone San Antonio too. Unless the Spurs view Herro as a net positive at his contract, they have no reason to participate unless they are getting additional draft compensation. imo a fourth team will need to be included that would trade draft picks, and probably short term salary, to the Spurs for Herro.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Miami doesn't even have enough assets to satisfy Portland let alone San Antonio too. Unless the Spurs view Herro as a net positive at his contract, they have no reason to participate unless they are getting additional draft compensation. imo a fourth team will need to be included that would trade draft picks, and probably short term salary, to the Spurs for Herro.
    Agreed. Brooklyn?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you see a potential 4 team deal with the Spurs getting Herro and assets playing out? Im having a hard time visualizing how that would work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is going to be compensated to take on Herro, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade McDermott and picks to OKC for Chet Holmgren Or Sign Bol Bol..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade McDermott and picks to OKC for Chet Holmgren Or Sign Bol Bol..
    i dno. would you be willing to give up barlow straight up for chet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you see a potential 4 team deal with the Spurs getting Herro and assets playing out? Im having a hard time visualizing how that would work.
    Using Atl Spur's idea of Brooklyn, it could be something like:

Blazers
    OUT: Lillard, Nurkic
    IN: Dinwiddie, Lowry, O'Neale, Heat 2027 swap, Heat 2028 first, Heat 2029 swap, Heat 2030 first

Heat
    OUT: Herro, Lowry, Heat 2027 swap, Heat 2028 first, Heat 2029 swap, Heat 2030 first
    IN: Lillard, Birch

Spurs
    OUT: Birch
    IN: Nurkic, Suns 2027 first

Nets
    OUT: Dinwiddie, O'Neale, Suns 2027 first
    IN: Herro

I'm not saying that every team says yes to this, but it's the bones of a deal. It's salary neutral for the Blazers and Nets, while the Spurs take on an additional $10M and the Heat shed that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no shot we get a first just for eating nurkic while also offloading birch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no shot we get a first just for eating nurkic while also offloading birch
    You're probably right. How about seven 2nds instead?

The only reason for including Birch is that the Spurs don't have enough cap space to outright absorb Nurkic's contract. They have to send at least a couple million out. Also, keep in mind that Birch is expiring while Nurkic still has two more years on his deal after this coming season.

Portland is the team that is most likely to say no to this. They do get two firsts and two swaps while offloading Nurkic, but the players they get in return are all expiring contracts and individually don't have much value on the court. Maybe they insist on Jovic and Caleb Martin instead of O'Neale, with the Heat taking on O'Neale's salary. I was just trying to throw together something that works under the CBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blazers
    IN: Dinwiddie, Lowry, O'Neale, Heat 2027 swap, Heat 2028 first, Heat 2029 swap, Heat 2030 first

Heat
    OUT: Herro, Lowry, Heat 2027 swap, Heat 2028 first, Heat 2029 swap, Heat 2030 first

Spurs

Nets

I'm not saying that every team says yes to this, but it's the bones of a deal. It's salary neutral for the Blazers and Nets, while the Spurs take on an additional $10M and the Heat shed that much.
    I see....so you're talking about a deal where we don't have to take Herro..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably right. How about seven 2nds instead?

The only reason for including Birch is that the Spurs don't have enough cap space to outright absorb Nurkic's contract. They have to send at least a couple million out. Also, keep in mind that Birch is expiring while Nurkic still has two more years on his deal after this coming season.

Portland is the team that is most likely to say no to this. They do get two firsts and two swaps while offloading Nurkic, but the players they get in return are all expiring contracts and individually don't have much value on the court. Maybe they insist on Jovic and Caleb Martin instead of O'Neale, with the Heat taking on O'Neale's salary. I was just trying to throw together something that works under the CBA.
    The Spurs do have enough cap space for the Nurkic deal. Tre hasn't signed and we can pull his QO and his cap hold is tiny and they'd still have his bird rights. I think might even be able to fit Cedi into an exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Blazers

Heat

Spurs

Nets

After spending some time on Nets boards, they'd be up in arms over this. They either don't want Herro or want him close to free. Giving up two very useful players and a very good FRP isn't going to cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After spending some time on Nets boards, they'd be up in arms over this. They either don't want Herro or want him close to free. Giving up two very useful players and a very good FRP isn't going to cut it.
    That's fair. I did say that I didn't think every team would necessarily say yes to that trade; I was merely trying to present a framework.

There could be another team out there who would be willing to trade $30M worth of expiring contracts and a first for Herro. That's all it would take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs do have enough cap space for the Nurkic deal. Tre hasn't signed and we can pull his QO and his cap hold is tiny and they'd still have his bird rights. I think might even be able to fit Cedi into an exception.
    Thanks for the correction. I thought the Spurs only had about $14M of space left, but in that case they would already be at the floor.

Good point about Tre's first year salary (~$10M) being higher than his cap hold (~$5.2M? Spotrac removed it). Wouldn't the Spurs pulling his QO make them lose his Bird rights, though?

Spotrac says the Spurs have the $7.7M room MLE available; are you saying Osman could be traded into that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's fair. I did say that I didn't think every team would necessarily say yes to that trade; I was merely trying to present a framework.

There could be another team out there who would be willing to trade $30M worth of expiring contracts and a first for Herro. That's all it would take.
    I really thought there'd be more interest, but too many questions. Heat fans are right to be steamed that Maxey is getting fat more drooling gazes, but he's not much better, if at all, and is about to get paid, and probably even more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the correction. I thought the Spurs only had about $14M of space left, but in that case they would already be at the floor.

Good point about Tre's first year salary (~$10M) being higher than his cap hold (~$5.2M? Spotrac removed it). Wouldn't the Spurs pulling his QO make them lose his Bird rights, though?

Spotrac says the Spurs have the $7.7M room MLE available; are you saying Osman could be traded into that?
    They can still pull the QO for the next week or so while keeping his Bird rights. After 07/13, they can't pull it without also renouncing him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Nurkic for a season, let alone three. The draft compensation would have to be at an unrealistic level to even consider it.

Hearing lots of speculation that Siakam might be on the way out…wouldn’t bode well for our Toronto pick next year - hope they don’t totally blow it up.
    The Hawks are supposedly the strongest suitor, which almost certainly means Murray would be the centerpiece of the offer, with one of Hunter, Capela or Bogdanovic attached to make it work financially. A third team may have to be included to take whichever, probably to provide more salary relief + draft capital to the Craptors.

A top six of Barnes-Anunoby-Poeltl-Trent Jr.-Murray-Schroder should be enough to avoid a bottom 6 record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic makes little sense for this team. I don’t know why they would even do it unless picks were attached.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't want Nurkic for a season, let alone three. The draft compensation would have to be at an unrealistic level to even consider it.

The Hawks are supposedly the strongest suitor, which almost certainly means Murray would be the centerpiece of the offer, with one of Hunter, Capela or Bogdanovic attached to make it work financially. A third team may have to be included to take whichever, probably to provide more salary relief + draft capital to the Craptors.

A top six of Barnes-Anunoby-Poeltl-Trent Jr.-Murray-Schroder should be enough to avoid a bottom 6 record.
    This would be interesting not sure if a move like that makes either of these teams better or worse, and of course we have a vested interest in these teams NOT improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nurkic is the poison pill in trade scenarios that Portland will be offering. This will take awhile to sort out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temple, just waived, is the type of mentor/vet I’ve always liked for the spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Temple, just waived, is the type of mentor/vet I’ve always liked for the spurs
    He had a cup of coffee here, a while back.

Thread Information