f*ck it, one more win n1ggas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One win away.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I’ve never felt less confident about a 3-1 lead tbh. I guess we’ll see if the offense stays focused, or if they’re doing the stanky leg/hittin the griddy prematurely.
    Last edited by Monostradamus; 10-31-2023 at 10:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One more game please Rangers

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    would be nice if Taveras shows up just once...dude's been MIA for like two weeks now. He was sucking even in garbage time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ugly finish and its nice being up 3-1 but this d-backs team dont give up... will be fun to see if the rangers can finally clinch that chip

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One more game please Rangers

Amen.

Make 'em stay here. Don't take 'em back to Texas with ya's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I’ve never felt less confident about a 3-1 lead tbh. I guess we’ll see if the offense stays focused, or if they’re doing the stanky leg/hittin the griddy prematurely.
    Don't cast a pall over it, Mono. Don't do that, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't cast a pall over it, Mono. Don't do that, please.
    One win, Cub. Just one win away from the tumult in your belly no longer being at high tide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dbacks scored most of those runs off of mop up guys they wont see tomorrow. Eovaldi is the the keystone, if he pitches like he did in all his other starts besides game 1 Rangers will have a great shot at finishing them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amen.

Make 'em stay here. Don't take 'em back to Texas with ya's.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    One win, Cub. Just one win away from the tumult in your belly no longer being at high tide.
    Amen, I can finally listen to the radio again.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "This win was bigger for Texas than the loss was for Arizona". the f*ck?
    If this was said after game 3 it’s really re ed. Game 4 was always going to be tough for AZ given that they don’t have anything resembling a competent #4 starter; then losing game 3 made a 3-1 deficit very likely.

If anything the opposite was true, Arizona needed game 3 way more than Texas did.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Arizona is a scrappy team that plays smallball well, but imo it just doesn’t have the offensive firepower to win 3 straight against Texas.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If this was said after game 3 it’s really re ed. Game 4 was always going to be tough for AZ given that they don’t have anything resembling a competent #4 starter; then losing game 3 made a 3-1 deficit very likely.

If anything the opposite was true, Arizona needed game 3 way more than Texas did.
    And they made damn sure to drag Hazen/GM across the coals last night over that very point (4th starter.) They'd left him alone pretty much, his wife died of the cancer a year ago, but the gloves game off last night.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Arizona is a scrappy team that plays smallball well, but imo it just doesn’t have the offensive firepower to win 3 straight against Texas.
    On paper, the Rangers should end this tonight no doubt, but I’ve seen this team inexplicably go into a tailspin for multiple games way too many times this season to ever feel comfortable.

Pitching LeClerc last night was a huge mistake as well. He’s already been overworked, and if we get into a situation where he has to come in during the 8th inning to bail out Chapman yet again, he may not have enough juice to finish the 9th.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

the way he worded it was awkward at the time, but I get where he was coming now from considering the potential for Garcia/Scherzer/Sborz to have all been injured in Game 3.

Smoltz has taken a lot of heat this postseason, IMO, his "what and where should the pitcher throw next?" analysis has been pretty good. But other than that, he talks like a casual fan who just turned on a baseball game for the first time in 2 years. Just "captain obvious" Troy Aikman like statements "It would be really big here if they keep it to one run!" or "Man, if you're Texas you'd really prefer not to have Arizona get any closer to where you have to bring your closer in!"...I mean, you and I could go behind the booth right now and start calling games if that's all it takes

I guess it's still better than the token ESPN 'ooga booga' affirmative blacktion hire, stuttering through the teleprompter tbh imho

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On paper, the Rangers should end this tonight no doubt, but I’ve seen this team inexplicably go into a tailspin for multiple games way too many times this season to ever feel comfortable.

Pitching LeClerc last night was a huge mistake as well. He’s already been overworked, and if we get into a situation where he has to come in during the 8th inning to bail out Chapman yet again, he may not have enough juice to finish the 9th.
    LeClerc barely pitched. While shelving him with that kind of lead would have been better, a small few pitches does shake off the rust, even if one guy hit off him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest question I have right now is which Rangers player ed John Smoltz's wife?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And the Rangers do?

We were more lucky than good that AZ's batting sucked yesterday up until garbage time (if there even is such a thing in baseball). I expected the 11 runs for the Rangers, but also close to that for AZ.

Now, the Rangers don't have a #3 or #4 as Scherzer is out and we're also missing our top slugger.

Tonight with our ace (Eovaldi) is a MUST WIN for us. If we lose somehow, I fully expect us to drop both at home, especially considering how godawful Montgomery was in Game 2.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And the Rangers do?

We were more lucky than good that AZ's batting sucked yesterday up until garbage time (if there even is such a thing in baseball). I expected the 11 runs for the Rangers, but also close to that for AZ.

Now, the Rangers don't have a #3 or #4 as Scherzer is out and we're also missing our top slugger.

Tonight with our ace (Eovaldi) is a MUST WIN for us. If we lose somehow, I fully expect us to drop both at home, especially considering how godawful Montgomery was in Game 2.
    sons JasonGarrett needs to take notes from Corey Seager on how to properly put on a “Bot” personality while still being competent tbh imho

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And the Rangers do?

The Rangers don’t need a #4 starter as much as AZ since they have bats that can carry them.

Your point about Scherzer is valid though since it puts the Rangers in a pretty bad spot if the DBacks force a game 7, I just don’t see that happening

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also at tonight being a "must win" for the Rangers. The three headed group of Heaney/Dunning/Gray have proven they can step up when needed this series. If this were Houston, where everybody not named Eovaldi/Montgomery was getting teed off on, then yeah I'd consider the Viability of Suicide if this went to Game 7. I know it's a fun schtick to always "reverse jinx" and jump off a bridge with DFW teams, but I actually do feel pretty good now with the spot they're in.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Also at tonight being a "must win" for the Rangers. The three headed group of Heaney/Dunning/Gray have proven they can step up when needed this series. If this were Houston, where everybody not named Eovaldi/Montgomery was getting teed off on, then yeah I'd consider the Viability of Suicide if this went to Game 7. I know it's a fun schtick to always "reverse jinx" and jump off a bridge with DFW teams, but I actually do feel pretty good now with the spot they're in.
    It’s definitely PTSD from 2011, but I genuinely can’t get my hopes up again with the Rangers. Until out #27 is secured in somebody’s glove, I will expect this team to blow it.

Thread Information