• Dirk Nowitzki

99 71.74%
  • Kevin Garnett

39 28.26%
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    btw, Dirk is one of the all-time biggest losers if you ask me. Guy never complains or anything, just takes losing as the #1 option like its no big deal. POW right in the kisser, over and over again.
    I agree. Dirk has become an expert on losing. He's like the complete opposite of Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why? coz he went far in the playoffs two seasons?
    And won a NBA ring, and a gold medal (I think), and a MVP, and the DPOY, and has I don't know how many All-NBA teams and All-defensive teams. Better make that: KG >>> Dirk

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Right now, Dirk just played a whole season. Dirk > Garnett.
    Which means Garnett is all rested up for 09!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG could only get past the first round of the playoffs when he had a bang-up supporting cast beside him (Cassell/Sprewell 04, Allen/Pierce 08). Dirk hasn't exactly been playing with D-League stiffs his entire career, but he did drag a team with Jason Terry and Josh Howard as his two best sidekicks within an inch of a le. I'm pretty sure Dirk would have a ring too if he had the opportunity to go to war with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Pierce/Allen >>>>>> Jet/Josh.

Dirk's career > KG's career.

If you're going by the hardware argument, then Jason Kapono and Michael Doleac > Dirk.
    GTFO KG was always the man on all the teams he played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk...I don't fear Garnett, but when the Spurs are playing Dallas, and we're up 1 point, and Dirk has the ball, I feel like I'm going to my pants...it's that instinct...Garnett is better on defense, but that doesn't make him a better player. He's better than Kobe on defense too, but Kobe's a lot better. Now, Dirk's no Kobe, but I'd rather the ball be in KG's hands than Dirk's, if I'm playing defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kendrick Perkins is just as good, if not a better defender, than Erick Dampier. If Dirk can come within an inch of a le with Erick Dampier starting alongside him, I'm pretty sure a supporting cast of Allen/Pierce/Perkins would be no different.
    Disagree with everything.

Has years of raping your team not taught you anything?
    Raping? LOL. Dirk misfired in our series in 09 against matt bonner and a ty spurs defense. 06 is 06, don't bring it up like its some recent major deal. The ref talk is fair game - if you're a Mavfan, you've pulled the 06 ref card. The refs were worse in the Spurs series and made series altering calls. Otherwise, Spurs win.

If you know basketball, and rewatch the series, you have no choice but to agree. So thank Stern who couldn't stand another incredibly low rated finals appearance by the Spurs.

It's one thing when some dip Hornets fan s on Dirk, but you would think a Spurs fan would know better. Guess not.
    I've already given him what he's due - great scoring, position defense. That's not enough for a mavfan homer, obviously, but the facts are what I deal with.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    4-1, got. Why don't you stop living vicariously through other teams?
    What 4-1 are you referring to? The 4-1 beatdown the Nuggets put on your team? 121-63.

I know that missing potential game tying free throws won't get one's team a championship.
    Neither is getting stomped 121-63 on your own court in the first round of the playoffs.

Dirk's performance in the Finals is the perfect example of how not to win a championship.
    29 points and 15 rebounds in an elimination game is pretty piss-poor, I will admit. That running floater over Shaq at the end of Game 5 of the Finals before Wade got bailed out on the other end is a perfect example of how not to win a championship, I agree.

No, you mean, Dwyane Wade > Dallas. Your team managed to lose four games straight after blowing a ten point fourth quarter lead in Game 3. It just goes to show that the Mavericks have no heart.
    You root for a team that lost 121-63 on their own homecourt in the playoffs and you're lecturing about not having any heart? The Mavs lost 3 games to the Heat by a grand total of 6 points. If Wade doesn't get a phantom call at the end of Game 5, or Dirk doesn't get whistled for being punched in the stomach by Wade at the end of Game 6, the 06 Finals turns out very differently. Unlike the Hornets, the Mavs fought hard until the final buzzer in the Finals. You simply don't know what you're talking about.

And Chris Paul almost had a quadruple double playing the Mavericks and made an even bigger fool out of the JET.
    Duh, Chris Paul makes a fool out of anybody trying to guard him, except of course in the playoffs when somebody named Dahntay Jones locks him down.

08-09 New Orleans > 08-09 Dallas. It took injuries to multiple starters so your Mavericks could get just one more win.
    The Mavs advanced to the second round, whereas the Hornets lost 121-63 on their own homecourt and couldn't make it out of the first round. Dallas was also a much better team at the end of the season when they split a home and home with New Orleans than at the beginning when they started 2-7 and had trouble adjusting to a new coach's system.

We can keep going if you like, but if you want to cry uncle, you're more than welcome.
    Last edited by Findog; 07-23-2009 at 11:13 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And won a gold medal (I think), and an MVP, and the DPOY, and has I don't know how many All-NBA teams and All-defensive teams. Better make that: KG >>> Dirk
    Dirk won an mvp, has more nba 1st team than KG (i think), kg is a better defender but dirk's D is decent. Dirk's offense is way better than kg's. I think it's close.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I agree. Dirk has become an expert on losing. He's like the complete opposite of Tim Duncan.
    Right, which is why Dirk has sent Duncan home twice. Dirk's teams also lost 121-63 on their own homecourt in the playoffs. Why are you commenting in this thread?

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Like I've said in the past, one whistle turns a guy from an NBA Champion to an "all time loser". Cause that's exatly what zosa's saying. And it's dumb.

So what does that say about the Spurs that they lost twice to an "all time loser", and would have been three times if that all time loser didn't get hurt? @ zosa.

Anywho, I'll take a 31 YO Dirk not coming off injuries over a 33 YO KG coming off a pretty serious injury. KG's athleticism markers showed some decline last year as well and his offensive is declining with regard to FG/FTA rate and % of jumpers taken.

The Greatest Show on Earth LakeShow's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is this a trick question?

lol @ fans who say if you put Dirk with the celtics they would win a le. Kinda like all the les the Mavs won with Dirk. With Dirk, the Celtics don't make the finals.

KG!

It's not even close. Dirk is one dimensional and brings nothing on Defense. He has no low post game, gets dunked on by guards and is soft as Sta-Puft, softer in fact. Dirk's a pussy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs 06, 07 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hornets 08 (and that was their best team ever)

Pop took his brain back. xellos88330's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a tough poll. But since it was right now, I would go with Dirk. It would definitely be KG a couple years ago though.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wow, that doesn't explain Dirk to a T or anything.
    But Dirk still has the 3-ball in his arsenal, although he doesn't use it as frequently as he used to. Also his FG/FTA ratio is much higher than KG's was last year... that's a pretty big deal as far as efficiency IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Disagree with everything.
    So you think Erick Dampier is a better player than Kendrick Perkins?

Raping? LOL. Dirk misfired in our series in 09 against matt bonner and a ty spurs defense.
    Popovich's scheme was to take the ball out of Dirk's hands and make the supporting cast beat him. All of the defensive attention paid to Dirk backfired since Barea, Bass and Josh had a field day with all of the open shots that were created. Pick your poison.

06 is 06, don't bring it up like its some recent major deal.
    Dirk has always on the Spurs.

The ref talk is fair game - if you're a Mavfan, you've pulled the 06 ref card. The refs were worse in the Spurs series and made series altering calls. Otherwise, Spurs win.
    You mean the series where Timmy averaged 32/16 and went to the FT line whenever Diop and Dampier so much as looked at him funny? That series?

Wade got supersuperstar treatment in the Finals but that's not why Dallas lost. I give Miami credit for winning that series. You blaming the refs is weak.

I've already given him what he's due - great scoring, position defense. That's not enough for a mavfan homer, obviously, but the facts are what I deal with.
    KG is two years older, is coming off a major knee injury, and has only been able to get out of the first round with an excellent supporting cast, whereas Dirk has taken less talented teams further. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make me a homer. Get a clue.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Why would I have to cry uncle, Findog? My Hornets beat your Mavericks 4-1. You Mavs fans LOVE to call the Hornets overrated, yet a team with David West as its second best player kicked your sorry team's ass.

All Dirk has gotten throughout his entire career is a reputation of choking. He showed that when it mattered most, he couldn't do what it takes to win a championship. He also played like and lost the eight seed, after having a 67 win season. At least my overrated Hornets lost to the better team.

It doesn't really matter though, because my Hornets will still kick your Mavericks' asses, even though JJ Barea is better than Chris Paul's second option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dirk won an mvp, has more nba 1st team than KG (i think), kg is a better defender but dirk's D is decent. Dirk's offense is way better than kg's. I think it's close.
    It could be close but nobody can say that Dirk's career > KG's career. KG has won everything that Dirk has and a lot more.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Dirk is a decent defender and arguably the most efficient scorer in the league. He's also a good rebounder. He'll get into foul trouble trying to guard Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan, but who wouldn't? The Lakers won't stick Kobe on the opposing team's best perimeter player, and neither will the Mavs stick Dirk on the opposing team's best big unless they have to. Dirk will never be confused with Bill Russell in his prime, but the scouting report on his D needs to be seriously updated.

The crux of the argument is whether Dirk's defense or KG's offense compensates enough for their unparalleled excellence on the other side of the court.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Like I've said in the past, one whistle turns a guy from an NBA Champion to an "all time loser". Cause that's exatly what zosa's saying. And it's dumb.

So what does that say about the Spurs that they lost twice to an "all time loser", and would have been three times if that all time loser didn't get hurt? @ zosa.

Anywho, I'll take a 31 YO Dirk not coming off injuries over a 33 YO KG coming off a pretty serious injury. KG's athleticism markers showed some decline last year as well and his offensive is declining with regard to FG/FTA rate and % of jumpers taken.
    Tim Duncan's Spurs already won something. Your team let Dwyane Wade beat them four times straight. You can bring up your 121-63, but at least my Hornets lost to the better team. Your team had it's foot on the Heat's throat, and they let go.

Veteran
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When it's game 7 against the Spurs, Dirk goes for 37/15 and makes the 'and 1' play

when its game 7 against the Spurs, CP3 goes 2/5 on free throws and becomes a gutless swine in the 4th quarter, watching ing pargo take 13 4th quarter shots.

a hornets fan calling out the best PF in the world on choking? srsly? You didnt even watch basketball in 06-07 anyway

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why would I have to cry uncle, Findog?
    Because you're making a fool of yourself in this thread.

My Hornets beat your Mavericks 4-1. You Mavs fans LOVE to call the Hornets overrated, yet a team with David West as its second best player kicked your sorry team's ass.
    You beat a team that had turned on its coach and where nobody was playing hard except for Dirk. New Orleans was better in 2008. Did you watch that series, btw? Dirk dominated.

All Dirk has gotten throughout his entire career is a reputation of choking.
    With dip fans like you.

He showed that when it mattered most, he couldn't do what it takes to win a championship. He also played like and lost the eight seed, after having a 67 win season. At least my overrated Hornets lost to the better team.
    121-63. Why are you commenting on other teams "not having what it takes," being "losers," and "having no heart?"

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    . KG has won everything that Dirk has and a lot more.
    Michael Doleac/Jason Kapono> Dirk

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If theres one player this board hates more than CP3, its KG.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    GTFO KG was always the man on all the teams he played.
    Which is why he deferred to Paul Pierce in crunchtime since joining the Celtics. Do you always comment on things that you know nothing about? "The Man" is the guy who takes over in crunchtime. That's never been KG. KG anchored the defense, the offense ran through Pierce in crunchtime. KG is not "The Man" for the Celtics.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What sounds more intimidating? A frontcourt of TD/KG or TD/Dirk?

Thread Information