Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2343
    Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have any bones about it and I LOVE a big lineup. I just want something that works. Hopefully, it was/is just a matter of needing to get some games under the belt.

He'll be pressured heavily if it looks like he doesn't handle it well, of course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem with a big line up is that team should kill the opponent on the glass. The Spurs are somehow able to do the opposite

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the problem with a big line up is that team should kill the opponent on the glass. The Spurs are somehow able to do the opposite
    I think that will continue to be a thing, going forward.

Wemby is good at lots of things, it looks like, but everyone has a flaw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan needs to get stronger and be more Diaw/Dray than try to be Simmons.

he was getting scored on when defending 1 on 1 near the rim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby's rebounding numbers look like they'll be an easy fix-- he tends to leak out on shot attempts looking for fast break opportunities, like a guard. If Pop tells him to crash the boards instead of leaking out, it's problem solved. Weird habit for a 7'5" guy to have, but then he's pretty unstoppable on fast breaks, so it's understandable for a young guy to opt for that.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I don’t think anyone loves it right now. He needs work. The idea of a 6’9” PG feeding Wemby is just too tantalizing to resist, though. That would give us huge size advantages in two positions.
    You know what sounds like a good idea to me? Snagging Killian Hayes, Jalen Suggs or Malcom Brogdon in a cheap trade and starting one of those actual point guards in the point guard position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know what sounds like a good idea to me? Snagging Killian Hayes, Jalen Suggs or Malcom Brogdon in a cheap trade and starting one of those actual point guards in the point guard position.
    I’ve long been interested in Suggs as a reclamation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    rebounding improved tonight after the last game. Rebounding would be more than fine.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hayes and Suggs suck and Malcom Brogdon makes Willie Anderson look like Cal Ripken Jr.

there is no more “point guards”

Catch up to 2023

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sochan needs to shoot better and rebound better....hopefully from our three first round picks sochan steps it up another level this year.
    Cause i aint seeing it with wesley or branham

Believe.
    Post Count
    Hayes and Suggs suck and Malcom Brogdon makes Willie Anderson look like Cal Ripken Jr.

there is no more “point guards”

Catch up to 2023
    lol, for a 20 win team sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan as the point guard is an hilarious answer to who will go to the bench, him or Keldon so Wemby can play the 4

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan as the point guard is an hilarious answer to who will go to the bench, him or Keldon so Wemby can play the 4
    Sochan is playing point because of all of our lineups last year, any that featured Sochan and Tre Jones were awful. You just can't play them together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is playing point because of all of our lineups last year, any that featured Sochan and Tre Jones were awful. You just can't play them together.
    I know this is going to be heresy, but Sochan still can't shoot and isn't a natural passer/initiator. He seems best suited as a front line player. If he can't take the SF position away from Keldon, maybe he is a 6th man at this point. He still has lots of time to develop some skills that he needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this is going to be heresy, but Sochan still can't shoot and isn't a natural passer/initiator. He seems best suited as a front line player. If he can't take the SF position away from Keldon, maybe he is a 6th man at this point. He still has lots of time to develop some skills that he needs.
    Agreed. I'm not fully sold on Sochan yet, I know a lot of Spur fans have high hopes for him which I hope he meets and exceeds as he seems like a good young man who's liked by his team mates. But he has a broken shot which at least he's trying to fix and isn't a natural passer so i hope we don't see him at PG much at all this year. We probably have the worst PG rotation and prospects in the whole league.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he only playing point guard so Keldon can stay in the starting lineup. Sochan does not have and has never displayed any point guard skills. Oh well. We should get a high pick this year and just take the best point guard available. Problem solved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I'm not fully sold on Sochan yet, I know a lot of Spur fans have high hopes for him which I hope he meets and exceeds as he seems like a good young man who's liked by his team mates. But he has a broken shot which at least he's trying to fix and isn't a natural passer so i hope we don't see him at PG much at all this year. We probably have the worst PG rotation and prospects in the whole league.
    sochan actually is what i'd consider a natural passer. thats not whats stopping him from being a point guard.

draymond is a natural passer but he's not a point guard either. look at videos of draymond's assist highlights for an example. other than transition, there are very few cir stances where you see him being the offensive initiator, being the ball hander on pick and rolls, etc when racking up assists
    Last edited by spurraider21; 10-17-2023 at 12:45 PM.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s a fine passer. His limitation as point guard is his handle. He struggled with pressure his first preseason game. However, he was much better against Houston bringing the ball up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah he only playing point guard so Keldon can stay in the starting lineup. Sochan does not have and has never displayed any point guard skills. Oh well. We should get a high pick this year and just take the best point guard available. Problem solved.
    Agree to some extent. But also because Pop wants as many bigs who can push the ball and facilitate. Sochan is not necessarily a PG. Pop will play positionless basketball, crisp passing, transition offense off a great defense. Stop trying to label positions. Damn, we don’t even know if Wemby’s a SF around perimeter or PF on the post, and sometimes he pushes the ball also.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s a fine passer. His limitation as point guard is his handle. He struggled with pressure his first preseason game. However, he was much better against Houston bringing the ball up.
    handle and just a lack of quickness/burst to get by a guy out on the perimeter. contrast that with pre-back injury ben simmons

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    handle and just a lack of quickness/burst to get by a guy out on the perimeter. contrast that with pre-back injury ben simmons
    Also add perimeter shooting to that list. Need a pg who can run an offense and take and hit a perimeter shot off the dribble.

Best if the spurs don't win enough games this year and get the best pg in next years draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree to some extent. But also because Pop wants as many bigs who can push the ball and facilitate. Sochan is not necessarily a PG. Pop will play positionless basketball, crisp passing, transition offense off a great defense. Stop trying to label positions. Damn, we don’t even know if Wemby’s a SF around perimeter or PF on the post, and sometimes he pushes the ball also.
    Postionless basketball is nonsense. There are some skills necessary to run an efficient NBA offense and a player with traditional pg skills( quickness and dribbling abilities and able to make good passes/assits and able to beat his man off the dribble to the basket and able to hit perimeter shots off the dribble) is a must.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Sochan ends up off the bench, he just isn’t there offensively with Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Postionless basketball is nonsense. There are some skills necessary to run an efficient NBA offense and a player with traditional pg skills( quickness and dribbling abilities and able to make good passes/assits and able to beat his man off the dribble to the basket and able to hit perimeter shots off the dribble) is a must.
    You just need someone to dump the ball to Wemby and play defense. Come on

Thread Information