Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any reasonable offer here. That contract is insurmountable. A multiple pick kind of deal. It stifles our ability to rent out cap space for multiple years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any reasonable offer here. That contract is insurmountable. A multiple pick kind of deal. It stifles our ability to rent out cap space for multiple years.

I can't see anyone taking on his contract unless attached to Adebayo or something with picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, for a well-run franchise, the Heat suddenly started giving out big contracts like candy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, for a well-run franchise, the Heat suddenly started giving out big contracts like candy.
    It was a crazy move that they immediately regretted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think basically spurs would have to send Doug out (who has a year after this one), so they’re “just” basically eating the last year of Robinson (the fourth year of his deal is an ETO which will be exercised).

That or they’d need Jovic AND a pick for Richardson’s expiring contract (aka cap relief).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think basically spurs would have to send Doug out (who has a year after this one), so they’re “just” basically eating the last year of Robinson (the fourth year of his deal is an ETO which will be exercised).

That or they’d need Jovic AND a pick for Richardson’s expiring contract (aka cap relief).
    Sending Doug is a good way to rationalize it but we’d still be losing out on a year of being able to rent out cap space.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if a year from now we’re a step closer to needing that cap space for an actual piece vs. cap relief for another team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sending Doug is a good way to rationalize it but we’d still be losing out on a year of being able to rent out cap space.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if a year from now we’re a step closer to needing that cap space for an actual piece vs. cap relief for another team.
    Depends on the assets coming back. Basically spurs would leveraging the space now, plus we could still have LOTS of space over the next few season. one of the unexpected wrinkles of the Primo situation is that there will be a gap year where we don’t have to extend a rookie deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman wouldn't be getting regular minutes with any team in the league. Not sure if you've been watching at all.

Beside the fact that he doesn't know how to play basketball and after four years has no clear ap ude for learning how, he's on an ungodly salary tier given his draft number. In the completely unlikely eventuality that he manages to be a passable player, if you acquire him in trade you're looking at paying through the nose for his atrocious talent.
    Good points. Makes me wonder why spurs wouldn’t demand Kuminga instead?

That or just view Wiseman as salary ballast and land some picks.

E.g., Wiseman + 23 FRP + 28 FRP pick swap
    Last edited by CGD; 11-24-2022 at 10:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be interested in Kuminga, even if he apparently has asshole tendencies. He does have promise and I doubt they give up on him... but they do have some decisions to make.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good points. Makes me wonder why spurs wouldn’t demand Kuminga instead?

That or just view Wiseman as salary ballast and land some picks.

E.g., Wiseman + 23 FRP + 28 FRP pick swap
    That's how I see it too...kuminga would have value... Wiseman would be like Langford. Ballast that you try to turn into something..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

More money involved with Robinson. Doug is at 13.75 this year and next Robinson is at 16.9 million this year, 18.2 million next year then 19.4 million. Then not sure if its a player or team option on the final year 19.9 million (2025-2026). Considerable more money tied up with Robinson compared to McDermott (sounds like a player option that he would be foolish to exercise).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More money involved with Robinson. Doug is at 13.75 this year and next Robinson is at 16.9 million this year, 18.2 million next year then 19.4 million. Then not sure if its a player or team option on the final year 19.9 million (2025-2026). Considerable more money tied up with Robinson compared to McDermott (sounds like a player option that he would be foolish to exercise).
    Robinson’s last year has an ETO. Basically that means the team can choose to dump his ass in year 4, which you have to assume is a give.

Fair point that it’s more money in the overlapping years with Doug, on top of another year of Robinson. So you’re looking at ~28M.

Thread Information