Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 100%, and hopefully the FO is thinking this way too. The only picks "off limits" for me are our pick this year, the Atlanta picks ('25, '27), and our picks in the years we have Atlanta ('26), Boston ('28) and Dallas swaps ('30).

That means, I'd have the following to play with

TOR '24
    CHI '25
    CHA '25 (don't think this is worth much)
    SA '25
    SA '27
    SA '29
    SA '31 (not sure if you can trade these yet)
    Let's see what we get in the draft but in theory I agree wholeheartedly on which picks I'd make available. I'm also on record here about the ATL picks being untouchable, imo.

I think letting the season play out is wise actually at this point. Why? I think I'm sold on our 5 spot for the future rotation actually and I wouldn't have said that earlier in the season. If Wemby is willing to play the 5 long term, and then you can bring in a Bassey who is a stud but just hasn't had a chance to prove it, then bring the athleticism of Barlow off the bench, that's a championship caliber group at the 5.

Jeremy is increasingly showing he's at least a starting 3, or 4 depending on if Wemby is on the court. Vassell is a championship level 2 guard (ultimately probably off the bench due to his inconsistencies).

So to me, we need a starting PG, a 2, and either a 3 and/or 4 (See Wemby on court or not). Beyond that its a free for all and questions for FA come as to whether we need backups elsewhere or if for example a Blake Wesley or Tre Jones can show they deserve a shot at a backup spot moving forward. Same with some others.

Do we keep any vets, say a veteran like McDermott who pop loves and who Wemby seems to like playing with or ship his ass out in a trade? Or just start from scratch in free agency?

Lots of huge decisions need to be made about this roster by year's end. I'll give it to pop begrudgingly that this is exactly what needed to happen this year. Long term we'll be better off for it. Pop is a sly mother.
    Last edited by offset formation; 01-17-2024 at 03:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Jones would be perfect finding that lob pass to Wemby, and making his defenders honest with his outside shots. I hate to say it because I think Trae Jones is a defensive liability, but with Wemby manning the paint, again is perfect. Again I rather the Spurs get a defensive guard who can pass, and who’s not going to cost the Spurs an arm and a leg.

As far as the big man pushing the ball like a Diaw, I think it’s not a new concept here at ST.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trae Jones would be perfect finding that lob pass to Wemby, and making his defenders honest with his outside shots. I hate to say it because I think Trae Jones is a defensive liability, but with Wemby manning the paint, again is perfect. Again I rather the Spurs get a defensive guard who can pass, and who’s not going to cost the Spurs an arm and a leg.

As far as the big man pushing the ball like a Diaw, I think it’s not a new concept here at ST.
    It's Trae Young. Tre Jones is on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought this thread needed a bump because Dejounte is right. About SF being a bigger need than PG that is, not about Ryan Dunn

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trusting Brian Wright to make the wrong moves...no matter what anyone else thinks or says.

Remember, he chooses players not on their basketball ability, but whether they can change the world.

'100 Heroes: People in Sports Who Make This a Better World' - Brian Wright, co-author.
    Last edited by SouthernFryd; 1 Week Ago at 07:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a big need but that player is not in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest need is defense whichever position they pick. Which is to say they can't take a flyer on someone they hope can be good at defense but currently sucks. At least at 4 I think Buzellis is the man.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need someone who can dribble into the paint and make things happen. It would be great if it was a wing, but he would go #1 in this draft. Dillingham seems to be the guy who can do that. Of course there could be a wing in this draft that gets there but it seems like longer odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a big need but that player is not in this draft.
    I'm not convinced our future PG is in this draft either.

I'm behind the idea of trading our picks this year + player to receive someone that fills our need.

Thread Information