Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure he and Blake will be on the Warriors roster next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also said it's got to be about depth too because even though Leonard is obviously more appealing than Griffin at this point, when he already plays with Griffin and Jordan, Leonard and Aldridge is more than likely not enough to convince him to leave the money and city and play for a domineering coach, as well as off the ball some with another perimeter superstar (although that would be a partial selling point, it would still take some getting used to for such a ball dominate player).

If they're going to attempt to convince him, he needs to be sold on the things the Clippers can't sell him on: 3 and D wings, 2 intriguing young talents, all picks going forward and a track record of unearthing late round and undrafted gems.

Things Spurs have that Clippers don't...

1. Championship Culture
    2. Family Culture
    3. Prime Franchise Player
    4. Most Player Respected Coach

I don't think LMA HAS to be part of the team going forward. But if they can make it work so be it..But CP3 won't be back in Clipper land next year. The rumors are already swirling and the media won't shut up about it like they couldn't with KD..something's there. Woj started this whole thing tbh so that's what gets me thinking. But if your're Paul and looking for le and the Spurs came calling he'd be an idiot not to listen...

People just wanna brush it off like KD situation tho..when Paul has the keys in which direction the league is gonna go tbh and he better capitalize on it.

Or everybody can just cave in and take their $$ and watch GSW win at least 3 straight championships..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The first thing before trying to go after Paul is to secure the front court in the event of a Pau trade/opt out. The easiest way to do that would be to have Dedmon opt in with the promise that he's bound to get a ton more with another year to show off his talent and with Paul feeding him. Maybe he opts out and re-signs for the new, much bigger room exception, but you'd like to keep that to fill out the rotation if possible. If you do that, stash Milutinov (but not the pick) and let the FAs walk, you have just under $20 Million to offer him. Honestly, that's a great ring-chaser contract. You do the trick with Dedmon, it's $23 Million, but again, you'd like to keep something back just to fill out the rotation.

Paul, Parker
    Green, Murray, Forbes
    Kawhi, Anderson
    LMA, Bertans
    Dedmon, (blank)/Lee/Pick

I'd probably want to bring Nikola over anyway and use the pick on a wing while also bringing in Hanga. Regardless, having Parker on the team is drag on resources, but it would be necessary to recruit CP. If you off the one-and-one, it could be enough to entice him into biting. Maybe something like:

Paul, Parker, Murray
    Green, McLemore (room), Forbes
    Kawhi, Anderson, Hanga
    Aldridge, Bertans, Ojeleye (first)
    Dedmon, Milutinov, Kuzma (second)

With two spots open for the two-way contracts.

I think you could build a contender around that group for sure, especially with a ring-chaser to fill in the shaky wing and center spots. Like maybe Splitter and Carter.
    "Secure the front court"

the frontcourt son. No, seriously, it. Today's NBA rosters shouldn't have more than 3 stiffs on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things Spurs have that Clippers don't...

1. Championship Culture
    2. Family Culture
    3. Prime Franchise Player
    4. Most Player Respected Coach

I don't think LMA HAS to be part of the team going forward. But if they can make it work so be it..But CP3 won't be back in Clipper land next year. The rumors are already swirling and the media won't shut up about it like they couldn't with KD..something's there. Woj started this whole thing tbh so that's what gets me thinking. But if your're Paul and looking for le and the Spurs came calling he'd be an idiot not to listen...

People just wanna brush it off like KD situation tho..when Paul has the keys in which direction the league is gonna go tbh and he better capitalize on it.

Or everybody can just cave in and take their $$ and watch GSW win at least 3 straight championships..
    This isn't '14 or '15 and Paul isn't an idiot. The whole Spurs being trendy thing is just about gone and after the Rockets finish them '10 Suns style, it'll be all the way gone.

If they come at him or any other marquee free agent in future years, with that hokey/mystique , they're going to be tuned out.

This is all theoretical talk anyway though, since Paul isn't going anywhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have 200 mil laying around?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't '14 or '15 and Paul isn't an idiot. The whole Spurs being trendy thing is just about gone and after the Rockets finish them '10 Suns style, it'll be all the way gone.

If they come at him or any other marquee free agent in future years, with that hokey/mystique , they're going to be tuned out.

Having a chance to play with Kawhi will be enough for any top FA to have a serious conversation if he's serious about playing with a team that has a chance at a le. Spurs are honestly in a great cap situation as every player save Parker could be moved for value in return:
    - Aldridge is essentially 2 for $44 but second year is player option. There would be takers (even Clippers in S&T if Griffin leaves)
    - Parker is only on his large deal for one more year
    - Gasol will opt in and is only on large deal for one more year
    - Green is extremely team friendly and valuable to keep around
    - Everyone else is dirt cheap. Lots of ways to fill back of roster with young players, albeit not high lottery picks

Lebron's team is in luxury tax (but can always find a way to make things work) but not moving Kyrie for Paul at this stage. Warriors need to use all cap room to keep Durant. Rockets could be in dialogue but already have ball dominant player. Celtics could do it easily if they wanted to. Only other options are long game plays banking on player development like the Bucks (probably a few years away), Philly (highest bets), Minnesota (waiting game) and New Orleans reunion.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's hokey/mystique about having a Top 5 player and most respected coach in the league?!?! Everything I listed is true and I think it could be appealing to Paul or other FA's. Paul genuinely has relationships with Duncan, Pop and Parker..even though Duncan is gone his presence isn't and the Spurs "family culture" can be a good change of scenery from all the Clipper drama..

Look you can say and assume all y'all want about what to believe..but Woj stated in October Spurs are going after Paul. That's with the roster constructed as we know it..nothing has changed. If anything it's maybe changed for the better because Clippers are a mess and the Spurs could be looking to get rid of the cancer (LMA)...let alone improve their PG play.

Both parties (CP3,Spurs) need each other and one reportedly has been interested for awhile..just get ready

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having a chance to play with Kawhi will be enough for any top FA to have a serious conversation if he's serious about playing with a team that has a chance at a le. Spurs are honestly in a great cap situation as every player save Parker could be moved for value in return:
    - Aldridge is essentially 2 for $44 but second year is player option. There would be takers (even Clippers in S&T if Griffin leaves)
    - Parker is only on his large deal for one more year
    - Gasol will opt in and is only on large deal for one more year
    - Green is extremely team friendly and valuable to keep around
    - Everyone else is dirt cheap. Lots of ways to fill back of roster with young players, albeit not high lottery picks

Lebron's team is in luxury tax (but can always find a way to make things work) but not moving Kyrie for Paul at this stage. Warriors need to use all cap room to keep Durant. Rockets could be in dialogue but already have ball dominant player. Celtics could do it easily if they wanted to. Only other options are long game plays banking on player development like the Bucks (probably a few years away), Philly (highest bets), Minnesota (waiting game) and New Orleans reunion.
    Not when you already play with Griffin (rumors of his demise are just that at this point; the reality is, until further notice, AKA him being healthy for an extended stretch, he's no worse than a top 15 player) and Jordan, can make $40-50M more by staying with your in bent team and are in LA.

Cap space is nice, but Paul is in win now mode. They'd need a core of high quality, in their prime types to sell him on, first and foremost.

What's hokey/mystique about having a Top 5 player and most respected coach in the league?!?! Everything I listed is true and I think it could be appealing to Paul or other FA's. Paul genuinely has relationships with Duncan, Pop and Parker..even though Duncan is gone his presence isn't and the Spurs "family culture" can be a good change of scenery from all the Clipper drama..

Look you can say and assume all y'all want about what to believe..but Woj stated in October Spurs are going after Paul. That's with the roster constructed as we know it..nothing has changed. If anything it's maybe changed for the better because Clippers are a mess and the Spurs could be looking to get rid of the cancer (LMA)...let alone improve their PG play.

Both parties (CP3,Spurs) need each other and one reportedly has been interested for awhile..just get ready
    I'm talking about this whole "Spurs way" thing and the "Pop is a genius" myth has to be, if not vanishing, at least muted among players.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a meeting, but Paull will more than likely only do it out of respect for them. It's not quite the no shot Durant was, but it's not far off.

Spurs are a mess too, only with less drama, at least publicly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not when you already play with Griffin (rumors of his demise are just that at this point; the reality is, until further notice, AKA him being healthy for an extended stretch, he's no worse than a top 15 player) and Jordan, can make $40-50M more by staying with your in bent team and are in LA.

Cap space is nice, but Paul is in win now mode. They'd need a core of high quality, in their prime types to sell him on, first and foremost.

I'm talking about this whole "Spurs way" thing and the "Pop is a genius" myth has to be, if not vanishing, at least muted among players.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a meeting, but Paull will more than likely only do it out of respect for them. It's not quite the no shot Durant was, but it's not far off.

Spurs are a mess too, only with less drama, at least publicly.

Ok so you think he's staying in LA? Clippers are about to pay both Griffin and Paul and run it back 4 more times??

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs gonna need more than Kawhi and Pop to lure CP3. LMA is no longer an attractive/interesting piece.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok so you think he's staying in LA? Clippers are about to pay both Griffin and Paul and run it back 4 more times??
    I do, because all parties involved can't do better. Spurs and Clippers situations are similar enough, that the extra $40-50M and the city of L.A. more than likely wins the day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do, because all parties involved can't do better. Spurs and Clippers situations are similar enough, that the extra $40-50M and the city of L.A. more than likely wins the day.
    Hmm maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think he's staying in LA. Too much going on with Doc, Griffin, Red , etc. it's been a broken record for years..Griffin isn't going to get better and Paul can't continue to be the #1 guy on a "championship" team. Durant changed everything tbh

I think he wants out..there's chatter that the relationships on the team have become sour..You can see it with the frustration they took out with the press (Paul, Rivers).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs gonna need more than Kawhi and Pop to lure CP3. LMA is no longer an attractive/interesting piece.
    To CP3 Deadman would be a more interesting piece, but he is on his way out the door. Paul would transform him into a reasonable facsimile of DJordan - one who could shoot free throws. I am not really on the CP3 train, but that's how I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, SA is in danger of having their 3rd straight playoff disappointment and it's not like we're filled with young, promising talent. Who on this team (outside of Kawhi, obviously) is really going to lure in someone like CP3?

If we were asking this question after the 2014 season, maybe I'd toy with the idea of CP3 leaving money on the table to come here. As of now? Not a chance in ...and that's ignoring the fact that it'd be difficult as for us to even make room for him in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The curse for starting this thread when tp was doing fine and spurs are still in playoffs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The curse for starting this thread when tp was doing fine and spurs are still in playoffs
    Is it karma against Pop for talking badly about Trump, tbh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No karma would be spurs being invited to whitehouse after le

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 looking pretty good right about now...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buy out Parker and get CP3

buyout Lamarcus if needed

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the chances of this happening have gone up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3, Demounte
    Green, Mills
    Kawhi, Simmons
    Marsha, Lee
    Gasol, Deadman

do it RC

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs