Page 59 of 91 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2258
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol, you've literally been wrong about everything you ever take issue with in my posts. Not to mention you evidently let me get under your skin at some point in the past and wait like a dog on a leash to jump on my posts. on off now Sugus.
    Damn, we've crossed paths before? I truly don't remember having a bad exchange with you, you're not on my Ignore nor "forum re s" lists. I actually ended the comment saying that you can't be that stupid, but maybe I was mistaken?

Anyways, nice to see that you have nothing to argue in your favor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The you talking about? I made a post about 30 pages back where I listed about 5 other guys. Then in the post above I gave yet another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All these takes of Spurs not getting a single FA are really annoying because whenever we ask you who should've been signed, you simply don't reply.

Reaves and Brook were obviously staying with their teams, everyone else got overpaid. It would be nice to get McDaniels, but that's about it.
    The only thing Spurs missed on is forcing Lakers to waste some money.

And those worst team ever takes just show you didn't even watch games. We're lucky noone cared about the Spurs, last season was one of the most disgusting tankjobs ever.
    Hunting DNP matchups and sitting players who based on who's the opponent's best player. No chance we get top3 odds without all those DNPs and trading away players mid-season.

If you were in charge, Spurs would end up as a treadmill team and Wemby would have a supporting cast on par with Luka in Dallas.
    Watch out, dude! You're gonna be told you're wrong all the time and he's always right and you're just a hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watch out, dude! You're gonna be told you're wrong all the time and he's always right and you're just a hater
    Yeah I just disproved his post with facts, dip .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just disproved his post with facts, dip .
    Why don't you try disproving mine now, with facts, pretty boy? Too shy to put 'em on the table?

Believe.
    Post Count
    I don't want that selfish chucker Dinwiddie, who'd be gunning more than ever on a team without an established go-to scorer, in a contract season, at 30, with two torn ACL's in his rearview mirror.
    When he got to Brooklyn and played the PG (without Doncic) he averaged nine assists, and he still took 13 shots, which is the amount of shots he's taken the past few years. Thirteen shots seems reasonable for your starting point guard. He's very consistent there. You do want to keep them honest after all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, we've crossed paths before? I truly don't remember having a bad exchange with you, you're not on my Ignore nor "forum re s" lists. I actually ended the comment saying that you can't be that stupid, but maybe I was mistaken?

Anyways, nice to see that you have nothing to argue in your favor
    Nice try Sugus, each time you're in my mentions it's to tell me how right you are and that I'm a dumbass.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm shocked that's your take. Fits nicely with your other takes

Jeff Green was a key contributor in Denvera's le run.

BTW, Do you even watch the games?
    Again, you think the Spurs are bringing back the worst defensive team in the league and that they actually were a 22 win team. Jeff Green doesn't tip the scales.

BTW, do you even read your own posts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs knew all along that they didn’t have any real targets in FA then there’s even less of an excuse for being as passive as they were on draft night. Running back the tank team with wemby should not have been the goal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice try Sugus, each time you're in my mentions it's to tell me how right you are and that I'm a dumbass.
    Uh, that might be because you keep saying dumb , and then refusing to elaborate or back it up whatsoever? What else can I tell you if you're a dumbass other than the truth?

Why don't you try disproving mine now, with facts, pretty boy? Too shy to put 'em on the table?
    Come at me, boy, I'm still waiting. Also thinking I know who the you are, I haven't been active here for like a year, and you changed your profile pic, my only way of telling users apart. I don't ing know you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disprove what? Your opinions from your ignorant post above?

Tell me aside from the Spurs lucking out with Wembanyama, what about tge franchise's direction and play has been hopeful?

The reason everyone their pants on getting Wemby is because the franchise was headed in a decidedly poor direction. Attendance was slipping. Ppl were routinely talking about them moving. Owner's were having to reassure ppl they weren't. On the court they were putting up historically poor defense.. On a 22 win team.

Can't remember who typed it yesterday but this board is so chock full of Homers that any critique of PATFO is met with a really sad reflexive defense of them ON A FURKING MESSAGE BOARD where varying opinionins of the teams direction ought to be part and parcel of a ty basketball team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs knew all along that they didn’t have any real targets in FA then there’s even less of an excuse for being as passive as they were on draft night. Running back the tank team with wemby should not have been the goal
    If they think the players they have are pretty good, they would have done exactly what they did both in the draft and in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they think the players they have are pretty good, they would have done exactly what they did both in the draft and in free agency.
    If they think the tank team was littered with good indispensable players that’s another problem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, that might be because you keep saying dumb , and then refusing to elaborate or back it up whatsoever? What else can I tell you if you're a dumbass other than the truth?

Come at me, boy, I'm still waiting. Also thinking I know who the you are, I haven't been active here for like a year, and you changed your profile pic, my only way of telling users apart. I don't ing know you

Ah the retort of the loser, putting up.laughing emojis after each paragraph.

Again what specifically did you want me to respond? Your opinions that PATFO is awesome and did the right thing by standing pat on a 22 win team that just lucked into a potentially generational talent that also whom, if injured, by default ought to take us back closer to being a 22 win team considering we're basically the EXACT same roster??

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The you talking about? I made a post about 30 pages back where I listed about 5 other guys. Then in the post above I gave yet another.
    Sorry, I missed the post when you listed 5 players, but Jeff Green is definitely not it.

I'd be annoyed only if we missed on some players who improve Spurs long term. Do you really think Jeff Green does anything for us?
    With our coaching staff and all the legends still around, Spurs don't really need high-character veterans like most other teams do.

I'm really surprised it's taking so long for McDaniels to sign, I'd really like Spurs to make an offer. Would be a perfect 3-D addition, still hasn't turned 23.

PATFO have had their share of subpar to horrible moves, but they've been solid ever since they accepted it's time to blow it up and traded everyone away.
    Look around the league, so many teams cornered themselves into horrible cap situations without having a chance to contend, even if they have an elite player on the roster.
    Just give Wemby one year to show us what he's got, then it's going to be easy to build around him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they think the tank team was littered with good indispensable players that’s another problem
    If you think the tank was due to the talent of the players I can tell who wasn't watching the games last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he got to Brooklyn and played the PG (without Doncic) he averaged nine assists, and he still took 13 shots, which is the amount of shots he's taken the past few years. Thirteen shots seems reasonable for your starting point guard. He's very consistent there. You do want to keep them honest after all.
    He's got a poor shot selection, has had a star level usage rate in situations like this in the past and is inefficient.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, you think the Spurs are bringing back the worst defensive team in the league and that they actually were a 22 win team. Jeff Green doesn't tip the scales.

BTW, do you even read your own posts?
    Yes they were a 22 win team last year.

They got as many wins from other tanking teams that they gave away by tanking. The roster is void of talent outside of Wemby. Still the worst roster in the league outside of Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think the tank was due to the talent of the players I can tell who wasn't watching the games last year.
    Ditto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, I missed the post when you listed 5 players, but Jeff Green is definitely not it.

I'd be annoyed only if we missed on some players who improve Spurs long term. Do you really think Jeff Green does anything for us?
    With our coaching staff and all the legends still around, Spurs don't really need high-character veterans like most other teams do.

I'm really surprised it's taking so long for McDaniels to sign, I'd really like Spurs to make an offer. Would be a perfect 3-D addition, still hasn't turned 23.

PATFO have had their share of subpar to horrible moves, but they've been solid ever since they accepted it's time to blow it up and traded everyone away.
    Look around the league, so many teams cornered themselves into horrible cap situations without having a chance to contend, even if they have an elite player on the roster.
    Just give Wemby one year to show us what he's got, then it's going to be easy to build around him.
    Fair enough.

Edited to include: BTW, nowhere did I say Jeff Green was "the answer." He was definitely someone that could have improved this team though (as he proved with Denver). And he was DIRT CHEAP. And while we are talking about solutions, surely you'd agree with me that Stevenson and Osman ain't it either?

Reminder: We are STILL under the required salary floor, not to mention the salary cap. This lack of activity just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by offset formation; 07-02-2023 at 11:36 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disprove what? Your opinions from your ignorant post above?
    Well, you're the one on the disproving crusade. I just explained to you why you're wrong - namely the wrongful belief that the Spurs have not significantly added to their last season's team, completely overlooking the monumental Wemby addition. I guess it's less disprove, more acknowledging you were wrong? Humility? Something like that, you know of that?

Tell me aside from the Spurs lucking out with Wembanyama, what about tge franchise's direction and play has been hopeful?
    You can ask me, or you can read the 30 pages of discussion on the "Spurs have the worst future" post, where I repeatedly broke it down and doubled down on now wine-aged takes. In summary and specifically, the franchise's direction has led them exactly to landing Wemby (which I once again laugh at you for dismissing such a beautiful tank job as "lucking out", you really don't get it, huh?), while also having a good to great young supporting cast for him to grow into, AND no significant commited money to bad contracts. Does that really look like a hopeless situation to you? Get real.

The reason everyone their pants on getting Wemby is because the franchise was headed in a decidedly poor direction. Attendance was slipping. Ppl were routinely talking about them moving. Owner's were having to reassure ppl they weren't. On the court they were putting up historically poor defense.. On a 22 win team.
    No, everyone s their pants on getting Wemby because they understand how tremendously important he is. The Spurs having had to steep to the bottom to grab him is a feature, not the bug that you're painting.

Only ST re s talked about the team moving, there was literally no traction to that of any kind. On the court they put a stinker defense, en route to a #1 pick. Again, bug, not feature, you understand that?

Can't remember who typed it yesterday but this board is so chock full of Homers that any critique of PATFO is met with a really sad reflexive defense of them ON A FURKING MESSAGE BOARD where varying opinionins of the teams direction ought to be part and parcel of a ty basketball team.
    Oh, you know me by name but hadn't realised I didn't type the other comment? Bull ... But alas, IDGAF. You're too prideful to admit that the "chock full of Homers" were ing right, and the Spurs are in a beautiful position now. And you gotta resort to whining that they're not doing something that your mind can understand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST posters acting like drunks at a club right before closing time, dropping their standards and willing to bed any old barfly available.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. If I remembered correctly, they were literally sitting one or more of Keldon, Jeremy, and Devin every game or so that wasn’t a sure loss. Gotta be a little bit more optimistic that this team is more than it seems.
    Last edited by XenoThirteen; 07-02-2023 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Typos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST posters acting like drunks at a club right before closing time, dropping their standards and willing to bed any old barfly available.
    The off-season is definitely about as "club right before closing time" as you get, tbf

Thread Information