Page 59 of 151 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3769
    I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Surely someone at Nike is smart enough to do this
    They don't even make a wide version for us EE feet folk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somehow the Fiesta color always reminds me of Malone destroying that piñata to be used for the half-time show… good times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never happier with a Spurs uni change than when they ditched the Fiesta colors, and went back to the basic black/silver/white jerseys. The Fiesta garbage was a creation of Charlene McCombs, Red's wife. I don't mind the Fiesta alts, because they're alts and I don't have to look at them every game.
    It wasn't Charlene McCombs, it was Russ Bookbinder. And I hated them with a passion, too. They took such an iconic, elegantly simple black and silver concept and candied it up with pastels. Drove me crazy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there seems to be nostalgia for the Fiesta unis

Where whatever, just get at least 40Ws next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there seems to be nostalgia for the Fiesta unis

Where whatever, just get at least 40Ws next season
    Wow you're not just a one trick pony NPC fake news spreading chicken little dip . Amazing!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never happier with a Spurs uni change than when they ditched the Fiesta colors, and went back to the basic black/silver/white jerseys. The Fiesta garbage was a creation of Charlene McCombs, Red's wife. I don't mind the Fiesta alts, because they're alts and I don't have to look at them every game.
    I didn't like the fiesta colours either when I was a young kid. I thought they made the team look soft. I don't mind them as much now, though, but that is also after multiple 50 win seasons and Championships. I'd never want them back as regular colours, so I don't mind them as a very occassional alternate.

I also wonder, didn't TD also not like them and wanted them gone? I can't remember if he had a say in it when the switched to basic colours like you said. I seem to recall also that he wanted the players to have dress code as far as shoe colours go when he was still playing.
    Last edited by Ice009; 09-06-2023 at 10:54 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't like the fiesta colours either when I was a young kid. I thought they made the team look soft. I don't mind them as much now, though, but that is also after multiple 50 win seasons and Championships. I'd never want them back as regular colours, so I don't mind them as a very occassional alternate.

I also wonder, didn't TD also not like them and wanted them gone? I can't remember if he had a say in it when the switched to basic colours like you said. I seem to recall also that he wanted the players to have dress code as far as shoe colours go when he was still playing.
    Tim probably would have just gone with the Punisher logo if he could.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I've stated this before and i'll say it again:

The Spurs have the coolest combo of colors in their uniforms in all of pro sports. Home in white/black and road in silver black- done!

Many many fans of other teams have to wear crappy oranges and turquoise shades and green and puke colors which are absolutely ridiculous. No self righteous man gets up in the morning and opens their closet to a sea of pastels and burnished browns and magenta vomits and pickle greens and mus yellows and says" "ok, it looks like the lime green suit today with that snazzy brown tie!"

Silver and Black.
    White with Black numbers.
    Classic.
    Done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've stated this before and i'll say it again:

The Spurs have the coolest combo of colors in their uniforms in all of pro sports. Home in white/black and road in silver black- done!

Many many fans of other teams have to wear crappy oranges and turquoise shades and green and puke colors which are absolutely ridiculous. No self righteous man gets up in the morning and opens their closet to a sea of pastels and burnished browns and magenta vomits and pickle greens and mus yellows and says" "ok, it looks like the lime green suit today with that snazzy brown tie!"

Silver and Black.
    White with Black numbers.
    Classic.
    Done.
    True but the colorful jerseys sell very well all around the NBA. It's all business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Black Fiesta jerseys are the best I've ever seen in the NBA and you don't like them then you are [insert insult of your choice here]

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Black Fiesta jerseys are the best I've ever seen in the NBA and you don't like them then you are [insert insult of your choice here]

monochromatic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby sucks on 2k24.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby sucks on 2k24.

Im 5-1 on that piece he’s good enough. Im gonna win a lot more games this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder if passing on Barkley because that silly negro would cost too much was her idea too.
    Charles Barkley? I don't think SA passed on him in 1984. Pick 5 (Sixers) versus pick 7 for SA which was Alvin Robertson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charles Barkley? I don't think SA passed on him in 1984. Pick 5 (Sixers) versus pick 7 for SA which was Alvin Robertson.
    Allegedly, McCombs tanked a trade that would have added him to the Spurs, for financial reasons. He was traded to PHO instead.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly McCombs shot down Terry mings + Willie Anderson for Barkley in 92. Then Charles returned the favor by hitting the shot that closed out Hemisfair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding me?? That’s nuts.

Kareem credits yoga, and the flexibility it brought, for his career longevity. Here’s hoping!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you kidding me?? That’s nuts.

Kareem credits yoga, and the flexibility it brought, for his career longevity. Here’s hoping!
    Just worry about his foot bones.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He stretching alright

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just worry about his foot bones.
    Super talls with foot problems usually weigh a lot more than Victor, like Yao big, or Ilgauskas big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Super talls with foot problems usually weigh a lot more than Victor, like Yao big, or Ilgauskas big.
    Noted.
    Still a bit worried, looking at how long those bones are.

Thread Information