Page 58 of 335 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 8375
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dilly has exceptional potential with elite handles, great quickness, and high scoring potential. He seems very coachable and even took Ivisic aside after a possession in the last game, a fellow freshman only now playing. He's much better than Tyrese Maxey was, for example.

His size is a limiting factor to a huge degree, but he's similar there to De'Aaron Fox, Sexton, and Garland. In today's NBA those guards, and many of them from UK, are exploding.

Question if the Spurs would actually look at him and whether the size forces him to come off the bench. But one of the sore needs of this team is scoring to keep up with other teams.
    I'm not sure how the Spurs see the size thing. It doesn't bother me personally because of the other things you mentioned that off set it and because all the other PG's have some flaw as well. I think he's got a pretty good floor, much better than Salaun in that regard, but I don't see a real high ceiling. In this draft that may be enough for several teams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham's skillset is exactly what this team is missing. Elite handles, speed and shooting, especially off the dribble. His size is not ideal, but he's the #1 PG option to me in this draft.
    Isn't he tiny though? I feel like the league is starting to move away from these guys unless the shooting or playmaking is very, very elite. Seems like these guys get hunted in the playoffs with gusto and thus played off the court.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be ecstatic if anyone takes Sarr at one. I do think he has potential, just don't see anywhere close to a first pick here.

Back to Filipowski, here is the stat comparison with Vucevic and Poeltl coming of college at USC and Utah. At least in this regard very favorable other than using that pick on a nice to have.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...--jakob-poeltl
    Interesting, but with a Top 10 pick? I'm not sure. Feel these guys are becoming the running backs of basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly feels like exactly the kind of guy we will pass on and then he'll proceed to torch us for the next 10 years every time we face him.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would go all in on Dillingham, tbh. Of all the prospects, the only one with elite creation tools. Best case scenario, he becomes the PG we are needing. Lesser option but still useful: spark plug off the bench.
    Would you take him #2 or #3 over Williams/Risacher? Or would you chance trading down a couple of picks if you get #2 or #3 to take Dilly later? He's the one PG I really like in this draft class but Williams/Risacher look pretty tempting and the Spurs desperately need talent at every position other than center. Don't really see him sticking around to #7 though unless Topic starts blowing up in Euroleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, but with a Top 10 pick? I'm not sure. Feel these guys are becoming the running backs of basketball.
    I do think he's a top 10 pick in this draft. May slip, but he's up there. Centers are still pretty vital, esp if they can hit shots and he seems to. Vucevic shredded us last game it seemed.

Pros: 1) He's a big dude who might have a chance to body Embiid and Jokic a little instead of widdle Zach rag doll, 2) Poeltl worked really, really well in those short rolls and facilitating from the top of the key and Jak had to learn that over time. Filip has exceptional vision already. 3) Having a big who works in certain sets with Wemby would be excellent. 4) He can rebound. Like, none of our guys rebound.

Cons: 1) A big isn't first or second priority, a wing and a point guard are. 2) Filipowski may simply struggle with perimeter defenses. 3) He may be unplayable with Wemby. We do need contributing bigs, but with a lottery pick? 4) Went to Duke.

So, yeah, I think they'll kick the tires if they get the Toronto pick, but the needs are elsewhere. More mentioning that I really didn't like him last year but he's improved a ton and looks pretty good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his jump shot is imaginary imo. even if you want to project for improvement, his form isnt as clean as wemby's was, and his FT shooting has remained poor. i see him as a bigger Duren, which isnt bad by any stretch.
    Is Wemby's form all that clean on his three point shooting? Seems to bring his legs inward a lot and not sure I ever see him becoming say a 40% three point shooter. Maybe 35% to where you have to guard him but I'm definitely joining the DAF86 camp that sees him as a straight center now that Victor has improved so much on his ability to gain and hold position vs where he was a couple months ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you take him #2 or #3 over Williams/Risacher? Or would you chance trading down a couple of picks if you get #2 or #3 to take Dilly later? He's the one PG I really like in this draft class but Williams/Risacher look pretty tempting and the Spurs desperately need talent at every position other than center. Don't really see him sticking around to #7 though unless Topic starts blowing up in Euroleague.
    This is a decision that should be made closer to draft day when we have a clearer picture of what range each guy is getting picked. My dream scenario would be getting both Dillingham and Risacher, so whomever of those two projects to go higher, I would pick first. I really don't know, I'm constantly going back and forth on which one of those two I would rather have if we could only have one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a decision that should be made closer to draft day when we have a clearer picture of what range each guy is getting picked. My dream scenario would be getting both Dillingham and Risacher, so whomever of those two projects to go higher, I would pick first. I really don't know, I'm constantly going back and forth on which one of those two I would rather have if we could only have one.
    LOL my dream scenario is getting Pick #1 and trading it to Brooklyn for Bridges and then taking Dilly #7 with our best case Toronto pick. I think the odds are better of getting pick #1 than they are of the Spurs getting the Toronto pick and Dillingham still being on the board then though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Wemby's form all that clean on his three point shooting? Seems to bring his legs inward a lot and not sure I ever see him becoming say a 40% three point shooter. Maybe 35% to where you have to guard him but I'm definitely joining the DAF86 camp that sees him as a straight center now that Victor has improved so much on his ability to gain and hold position vs where he was a couple months ago.
    think the problem with him is he takes too many types of 3's that all require their own mastery. he actually shoots them better off the dribble than in catch-and-shoot spots.

i dont know that he'll ever reach that 40% figure (chet is down to 38.5 himself), but its not like he needs to for it to be a useful weapon. last year brook lopez had a career year from 3 and was considered an elite spacing center but he was only hitting 37.4% himself for the season, and down to 33% this year. myles turner is the other "3&D" center who is a career 35% shooter from 3, shooting 37% last year, 34% this year.

its not like the 3 is going to be his go-to shot, but its a of a change-up he can throw. i still hate the early shot clock 3's (i know its a peeve for you as well), but he also has hit some big ones in money time. he just has to be smarter about being situational with it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL my dream scenario is getting Pick #1 and trading it to Brooklyn for Bridges and then taking Dilly #7 with our best case Toronto pick. I think the odds are better of getting pick #1 than they are of the Spurs getting the Toronto pick and Dillingham still being on the board then though
    Bridges? Wut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you‘re not getting Bridges for the #1 pick in this weakass draft. The Nets didn’t want to trade him for 4 first rounders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you‘re not getting Bridges for the #1 pick in this weakass draft. The Nets didn’t want to trade him for 4 first rounders
    First rounders aren't created equal. Could have been four protected firsts or four crap firsts. We heard the exact same rumor about Anunoby and the Knicks got him for a good backup PG and a guy RJ Barrett who was looked at as empty calories and a borderline bust whose trade value would be nowhere near what the #1 pick would be even in this draft. Besides I'm not saying the #1 pick alone. I'd probably offer one of the Atlanta picks and be willing to include the Chicago one too if needed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably doesn’t mean much but next years draft is really weak for true PG and strong on SG/SF/C

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First rounders aren't created equal. Could have been four protected firsts or four crap firsts. We heard the exact same rumor about Anunoby and the Knicks got him for a good backup PG and a guy RJ Barrett who was looked at as empty calories and a borderline bust whose trade value would be nowhere near what the #1 pick would be even in this draft. Besides I'm not saying the #1 pick alone. I'd probably offer one of the Atlanta picks and be willing to include the Chicago one too if needed.
    I really like Mikael and he would be great as a veteran presence on the Spurs. The Spurs need to add a veteran or two to go along with the youth movement but still don't want to move any of the Atlanta picks.

I do agree the Number 1 pick will have high value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dilly is the guy to get. But in saying that, I hope we don’t get the number one pick. Get the 3rd and 7th pick and we are set. I’d like Risacher too somehow this draft. I’d trade our Toronto pick and next years first for the chance to get both of these players next year. Just having a point guard who can shoot and get to the hoop, and a SF with size and can shoot the lights out would do wonders for this team. That’s the way to build in the draft, surround Wemby with people who can shoot the ing ball and a point guard who can penetrate, create, and shoot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyle Filipowski - Warming to him considerably and will make my case for him. Can give what Poeltl gave with even better passing, much better shooting, slightly less shot-blocking. Impressed with him this year but fit is obviously the question.
    Damn the Ringer is scaring me here on Kevin O'Connor's big board

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

His player comps are always pretty special. Cody Williams isn't like Jalen Rose at all. Matas Buzelis as Lamar Odom is hilarious. I would say Topic is sort of like Goran Dragic, though. For Filipowski I think I'm right in mixing post-Spurs Poeltl and Vucevic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lol, hard pass of Filipwraski.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is pretty funny. I love how KOC reminds us of Zollins health woes but fails to mention Filipowski's in his actual write up. Double hip surgery at 19 might be a concern. Not a great fit. I'll pass. Oh and Salaun at #18 thats a joke as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol, hard pass of Filipwraski.
    Why, because some guy wrote Zach Collins here? O'Connor is a bit of a joke, you realize? Have real reasons.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody Williams feels like a Wright pick. That's my uninformed hunch. SF, showing improvement, point forward projection, not an elite athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blowing a significant portion of the draft capital on Bridges would be insane.

Unless they luck into it in the draft first, it needs to be expended on a lead creator.

Cody Williams feels like a Wright pick. That's my uninformed hunch. SF, showing improvement, point forward projection, not an elite athlete.
    Agreed (change Wright to front office though, since this agenda driven notion that the non lead decision maker is unilaterally making decisions is absurd). I get the sense they're likelier to go SF (Risacher, him or Buzelis) over PG (Topic).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rough day for college lottery prospects so far today. I don't see Ja'Kobe Walter in our wheelhouse. Reed Sheppard just doesn't look like it. Rob Dillingham is out sick today, too bad.

Thread Information