Page 57 of 151 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3758
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...ba-rookie-year

So BSPN is putting out projections of the rookies and Wemby is the unsurprising favourite for RotY. They projected stats of : 30 MPG, 15.2 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.9 APG, 2.8 BPG, which seems to be on the low end in ppg and apg, but the projections are conservative for pretty much all the rookies (23 MPG, 9.0 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 3.7 APG for scoot, 28 MPG, 11.5 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.7 BPG for Chet and 28 MPG, 12.9 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 1.8 APG for Miller).

I think wemby will score around 18ppg, 8rpg, 3 apg and 2bpg. His passing is something I’m really interested in seeing in the new year, especially how it will integrate with the overall offence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think their projections are fair. would not surprise me if he averages 18 instead of 15 but thats not really a huge difference

i think his efficiency could be worse than people think, both as it relates to turnovers (his face up style and need for space could be conducive to turnovers before he adjusts to the NBA game) and his shooting % from the field. we know he's not a great 3pt shooter yet, but even generally from the field, he only hit 47% in each of the last 2 years.

doncic was a career 45.7% shooter in europe, and is a career 46.6% shooter in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall mothe ers thought the Curry/Magic debate was over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yall mothe ers thought the Curry/Magic debate was over.

'15 - Played four injured teams/avoided every contender sans decimated (Irving, Love, Varejao) Cavaliers.

'17 and '18 - Showed he was a gutless worm who didn't want to compete by helping recruit Durant.

' 22 - Played the Nuggets without Murray and Porter Jr., the back half against the Grizzlies without Morant (who were were up 2-1 at the time), the Celtics with a banged up R. Williams and Smart and never had to play inner circle le contenders Suns (COVID ran through them before game 7 vs Mavericks), Clippers or Bucks.

Obviously not his fault, but dims the accomplishment significantly and would be remembered and perceived that way if it weren't golden boy or a select few others.
    I'm a Millennial and can't stand Johnson's phony ass either, but the Curry revisionist history and mythologizing has reached Bryant level proportions.
    Last edited by TD 21; 08-22-2023 at 10:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, nope. No one will ever replicate Curry’s off the charts production and efficiency. Dude is an alien.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dear ing god, why not create another curry magic thread instead of polluting this one ?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dear ing god, why not create another curry magic thread instead of polluting this one ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Wemby gets a decent amount of minutes I see him closer to 20 and 10. What we saw in the second SL game is about what we'll get, a guy who effortlessly puts up numbers.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, nope. No one will ever replicate Curry’s off the charts production and efficiency. Dude is an alien.
    Sorry, that's fact not opinion.

No one is debating his skillset and efficiency. On the contrary, that's the problem. People get so enamored with that and the fact that he's not "black" enough to offend most whites that his antics get overlooked and his resume gets oversold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curry isn't even a better overall PG than isiah was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not putting another coin in the machine but people keep comparing eras, which doesn't make sense. Players play the BB corresponding to that eras, Curry wouldn't be Curry in the 90s where the game was much (much) less 3 oriented.

It is how you dominate in your era that matters, and overall skills (and for Magic, the 150 trip dubs or so he got in career while playing succesfull BB)... Curry is more one dimensional, more of a one trick poney (a fantastic poney tho) with THE skill that badly corresponds to this era of BB (3 pt shooting). He a good passer (a shadow of Magic still) but If his shot doesn't fall, he become more common.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Magic running the ball with Wemby vs Steph but they are interchangeably 1 & 2 through history in my books. Always tough to compare eras but damn Steph ego growing as he ages frfr.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wemby will average 20ppg pretty easily. The efficiency side is another question

I think 20ppg/9rpg/3apg/3bpg in 30 minutes on 46% overall/31% from three is doable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Wemby will average 20ppg pretty easily. The efficiency side is another question

I think 20ppg/9rpg/3apg/3bpg in 30 minutes on 46% overall/31% from three is doable
    neeh
    only one best JJJ 3,0 BPG in 22/23
    sixth best only 1,8 and 10th 1,5
    season ago even worse
    1st 2,3 & 10th 1,4 BPG

3,0 from day one in 30 ms? And best shotblocker in the league?
    eghhh

last 10 years only 2 players over 3,0 BPG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    neeh
    only one best JJJ 3,0 BPG in 22/23
    sixth best only 1,8 and 10th 1,5
    season ago even worse
    1st 2,3 & 10th 1,4 BPG

3,0 from day one in 30 ms? And best shotblocker in the league?
    eghhh

last 10 years only 2 players over 3,0 BPG
    Wemby is a unicorn. 3bpg as a rookie, book it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby blocks jump shots like nothing we’ve seen before. One of his highlight clips I watched featured the jump shots blocking and what we saw in SL is accurate there. He may also get ripped off on some altered jump shots that were actually blocks. I think they shorted him blocks in both SL games, as many as 3 in just the first game by some counts.

3 bpg is a low bar for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Magic running the ball with Wemby vs Steph but they are interchangeably 1 & 2 through history in my books. Always tough to compare eras but damn Steph ego growing as he ages frfr.
    Magic has always had a huge ego tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah not putting another coin in the machine but people keep comparing eras, which doesn't make sense. Players play the BB corresponding to that eras, Curry wouldn't be Curry in the 90s where the game was much (much) less 3 oriented.

It is how you dominate in your era that matters, and overall skills (and for Magic, the 150 trip dubs or so he got in career while playing succesfull BB)... Curry is more one dimensional, more of a one trick poney (a fantastic poney tho) with THE skill that badly corresponds to this era of BB (3 pt shooting). He a good passer (a shadow of Magic still) but If his shot doesn't fall, he become more common.
    Curry isn't one dimensional

He has amazing handles and is also a great finisher at the rim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I think he'll average double digit rebounds, especially since he'll be working with TD. I agree with all of your other projections.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see around 20/10+ also.

I see him having a good chunk of 12-15pt games then a few 30+ games vs bad/tanking teams notably.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely can do 10 rebounds per game if he changes his at ude towards them this summer, although it might hurt his ppg numbers. He really likes to start running for transition as soon as the opposite team shoots and that's hurting his rebounding.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    2 months

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He won't be getting 20 and 10, not efficiently anyway.

Gonna have to get stronger.

Thread Information