Page 56 of 342 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 8540
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the debate of SF vs PG... take the best one. Both are a big enough need to where we shouldn't bypass the better player for a perceived need. So you take the best non-center (this is where I think it would be foolish to burn an asset, whether Wemby wants to consider himself a C or not). The Spurs should be more active in this offseason than just adding a single lottery pick (and if that's all they do, we riot).
    they all gotta go...None of them have any type of connection with wemby.And i dont like their energy towards wemby as well.Only seems like
    tre jones,But cant shoot for ,So that partnbership can only go so far.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm ok basically with KJ in a bench role. His assertiveness is good in a sense but his tunnel vision on solely scoring is awkward at times on this current roster. The poor defense in the end will likely put a ceiling on his minutes. He's comfortable with the ball in his hands but needs to transition into using his moves and drives to kick out to others. Probably too much of a task. Pop claims this season is about assessing players. As always, they need to not be afraid to make a move once the info is clear. I assume they will wait another season before making a decision on KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say draft someone in the 6'7" or above range who can shoot a basketball and is a + athlete.
    No more culture fit types. We need more speed, length and shooting.

I'd ask myself, "Who would Presti pick?" and get those guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I say draft someone in the 6'7" or above range who can shoot a basketball and is a + athlete.

So... Pokusevski and Ousmane Dieng. Got it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

im telling u...cody wiliams...If his shooting is real...Gotta take him,Gonna be just like his brother

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most likely: If the Spurs only get one pick they will take a PG. Topic is likely on the top of their list.

If they get two top ten picks they will take who they think is best available player with the second pick after Topic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs must take the best player(s) available, regardless of their position.
    Other than Wemby, all other rotation spots are up for grabs.

We need 3-D wings as much as a playmaker.
    With Trae finally getting the starting spot and Wesley proving to be useful, I'd argue that other perimeter positions are as just as bad.
    Devin is solid, Sochan is inconsistent, Keldon looks like he reached his ceiling and others are absolutely useless.

So if for example that Risacher kid is the best player available, you take him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs must take the best player(s) available, regardless of their position.
    Other than Wemby, all other rotation spots are up for grabs.

We need 3-D wings as much as a playmaker.
    With Trae finally getting the starting spot and Wesley proving to be useful, I'd argue that other perimeter positions are as just as bad.
    Devin is solid, Sochan is inconsistent, Keldon looks like he reached his ceiling and others are absolutely useless.

So if for example that Risacher kid is the best player available, you take him.
    Especially with a possibility of getting Young. I am certain the Spurs know how serious he is about wanting to come to the Spurs. While I doubt there has been any direct contact you know there is player to player contact that gets passed along to management.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Presti still living off of the big tank: Durant, Westbrook, and Harden

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. The OKC team last night has little connection to his Big 3. He rebuilt quickly and then slowly. Quickly when he robbed the Clippers. Then slowly by adding talent through the draft and adding castoffs that fill the bench. Hard to critique the results.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a , he still drafts better than Wrong. The proof is in front of you.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti is overrated as a drafter. His most recent draft pick that signed a second contract with the team was Steven Adams in 2013. At least Wright is picking players who belong in the NBA. Presti drafted well in 2022 but is not impressive otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presti is overrated as a drafter. His most recent draft pick that signed a second contract with the team was Steven Adams in 2013. At least Wright is picking players who belong in the NBA. Presti drafted well in 2022 but is not impressive otherwise.
    Yup.

Presti nails his top picks. Holmgren was the right pick last year.

He was outright gifted SGA. Kawhi wanted to go to Clips along with Paul which let Presti bend Clips over a barrel. SGA wasn't who he is yet -- and somehow he gets ungodly calls to make him unguardable.

Jalen Williams was a ing fantastic pick, but sort of flukey if you look at what else Presti took. The Pokusevski and Ousmane Dieng picks were pretty bad and the Dieng pick was alongside Williams. The Cason Wallace pick was good.

So... Presti hasn't screwed up his top picks, got a gift from heaven in his star, hit the jackpot with Williams, and has managed pieces that fit like Dort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he drafted (or traded for him on draft night) sabonis as well. he didnt re-sign with OKC but thats because he was made part of the PG trade

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not out on Topic, but they can't keep investing heavily in limited-to non shooters and ignoring analytics in favor of projects.

Risacher and Sheppard don't have star upside, but are the type of projected high floor / IQ 3 and D types they desperately need.

Especially with a possibility of getting Young. I am certain the Spurs know how serious he is about wanting to come to the Spurs. While I doubt there has been any direct contact you know there is player to player contact that gets passed along to management.
    He's the an hesis of what they want in a lead guard / personality wise (though it seems like he's toned down the supposed diva antics) and for sure it'd be a challenge for any team to win a championship with such a massive defensive liability playing such a significant role, but if he tries to push this, it'd be difficult to turn down.

The odds of getting a borderline All-NBA caliber player, of his age, with his offensive skillet/fit and them wanting to play here anytime soon, are microscopic and at some point, talent has to supersede all else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed Shepperd is one small guy, no way he's 6-3

What's the story on him? TJ McConnell but he can shoot?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all that great drafting and management they’ve won how many chips? 0……cool. Reality is a kick in the nuts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You boys stay looking in the neighbors yard….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is probably 6’3 in shoes but he is a legit shooter and a pretty good defender for his size so overall a good player. It probably might not mean much but if you look at weakness on Tankathon he has the least amount of all first round players. If I am taking him it’s because I want a good backup player who can be a good backup PG and also give you shooting as a SG. He is a perfect fit for a playoff team but would not be my choice if we get pick 7 to 8 though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? He has OKC at the top of the standings with a roster full of drafted players and more lottery picks to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all that great drafting and management they’ve won how many chips? 0……cool. Reality is a kick in the nuts
    Whare does that have to do with the present?

Go back to sucking Collins off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reed Shepperd is one small guy, no way he's 6-3

What's the story on him? TJ McConnell but he can shoot?
    Top notch shooting and IQ. Projects as a championship level role player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whare does that have to do with the present?

Go back to sucking Collins off
    Still no chips…… square that circle for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are peoples' thoughts on Risacher vs Cody williams?

Both 6'8-6'9" guys who project as pretty good defenders at the next level and shooting really well but with mediocre free throw percentages. Risacher's been shooting lights out in Eurocup from 3 on high volume and has been showing some glimpses of movement shooting. Cody williams has really come on strong of late with his ability to get into the lane and create for himself.

Risacher will probably be a better 3 point threat, Williams is longer (7'2" vs 6'11" wingspan) and looks like he has a better frame with the ability to put on more muscle compared to Risacher. Both are probably going top 5 if not top 3, so wanted to gauge peoples' thoughts if the spurs elect to go wing instead of lead guard with their first pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are peoples' thoughts on Risacher vs Cody williams?

Both 6'8-6'9" guys who project as pretty good defenders at the next level and shooting really well but with mediocre free throw percentages. Risacher's been shooting lights out in Eurocup from 3 on high volume and has been showing some glimpses of movement shooting. Cody williams has really come on strong of late with his ability to get into the lane and create for himself.

Risacher will probably be a better 3 point threat, Williams is longer (7'2" vs 6'11" wingspan) and looks like he has a better frame with the ability to put on more muscle compared to Risacher. Both are probably going top 5 if not top 3, so wanted to gauge peoples' thoughts if the spurs elect to go wing instead of lead guard with their first pick.
    that's actually what I want them to do. These are the exact player types we need at SF and as long as they can shoot 3s at a high percentage and defend well, they can start off the rip. Anything else they add to their game on offense will just elevate their ceiling and might make them a legit 3rd option, maybe even 2nd depending on the improvement. I'd rather take a swing at that type of player than at the flawed PGs in that draft. There's a lot more risk to drafting a point guard in this class.

Thread Information