Page 54 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2343
    Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are super young players still trying to develop lol. Experience is going to be their best teacher. Not load management before you’re old enough to drink
    I didn’t look at it as load management. Just that there’s no rush in bringing someone back and it gives other players the opportunity to get in and be evaluated. Especially with us taking looks at cast offs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t look at it as load management. Just that there’s no rush in bringing someone back and it gives other players the opportunity to get in and be evaluated. Especially with us taking looks at cast offs.
    yeah man KBD really needs those starter minutes instead of sochan lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah man KBD really needs those starter minutes instead of sochan lmao
    The mamus and Barlows of the world do…… not rocket science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The mamus and Barlows of the world do…… not rocket science
    then let sochan play and give those guys KBDs minutes

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is overrated. Not a strong rebounder for a PF and a poor shot blocker and steals numbers are also low.
    He doesn't jump well for his size.

He didn't help the worst defense in the league at all.

Why is he considred such a great defensive player. I've seen quicker players blow past him and players burying 3 pointers over him. He doesn't jump well.

A very overrated player. A solid starter on a good team but no future all star.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan is overrated. Not a strong rebounder for a PF and a poor shot blocker and steals numbers are also low.

Why is he considred such a great defensive player. I've seen quicker players blow past him and players burying 3 pointers over him. He doesn't jump well.

Nothing quite like evaluating a glue guy with few, to no actual pieces on the team to glue together. GTFOH with this lamebrain take.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing quite like evaluating a glue guy with few, to no actual pieces on the team to glue together. GTFOH with this lamebrain take.
    Glue guy ha ha

Spurs need to add real future stars.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glue guy ha ha

So what exactly are we pretending, that a free agent superstar is going to willingly come to S.A. or that drafting a superstar doesn't require an extraordinary amount of luck especially with the recent changes in the draft to protect against tanking?

Sochan is going to be a great to excellent player on a team with talent in same vein as Diaw, Rodman and Draymond. Alone they're not going to win anything, but mix in a shooter, a good finishing big, a few slashing wings, they shine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glue guy ha ha

Two teams with top 10 picks last year decided to tank. The team with the lower pick held their player out for most of the latter parts of the season, because his play was working against the tank. The one with the higher pick let their pick play away, and plummeted in the standings.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two teams with top 10 picks last year decided to tank. The team with the lower pick held their player out for most of the latter parts of the season, because his play was working against the tank. The one with the higher pick let their pick play away, and plummeted in the standings.
    Sharpe was playing great. They sat him against he Spurs. They couldn't take the chance to beat the Spurs so Sharpe sat.

Portland sat their top players and gave Sharpe minutes for player development and he shined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you're like 200 years old and you still rate players by boxscore lol

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're like 200 years old and you still rate players by boxscore lol
    No, I rate players on what I see.

Sharpe has more offensive upside than Sochan, he's more athletic and has better form on his shot, looks smoother.
    Sochan plays stiff and doesn't jump well for a PF and his blocked shots and rebounds support this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sharpe has more offensive upside than Sochan, he's more athletic and has better form on his shot, looks smoother.
    Sochan plays stiff and doesn't jump well for a PF and his blocked shots and rebounds support this.
    It's all about BBIQ. Sochan is just fine for the spurs. Sharpe is more physical but let's just wait how he'll react and adapt when teams will start to scout and adjust to his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sharpe is going to be a Lonnie Walker/Ben McLemore type: mad hops, a buttery jumper, but nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Then you should contact an optometrist.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're shouting into the ether with Rascal. they could draft god and he'd have a problem with it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan's defensive rating is (119.2) 9th best on a roster that is the worst defensive team in the league.

The idea that he's such a strong defender didn't play out this year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guarding the best players, typically out of position. But yeah you would think it would be better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rascal…….relax. Everyone with a brain can see Sochans a player…..stop being a contrarian

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the kid. Good start to (hopefully) a long and successful career in Silver & Black.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems right. glad he got some recognition, but cracking first team was a tall task with a pretty strong first year class. not sure if they go positionally or not, but Kessler at C over Duren makes sense

hard to argue against Banchero at one of the forward spots. keegan murray was a contributing starter on a solid playoff team, though that was the path for Sochan to crack first team. Keegan also played 80 games vs Sochan's 56. while some players look better on bad teams by being able to put up numbers (i think keldon falls in this category), sochan looks like the type of player that would thrive more and look better when surrounded by talent, which makes his rookie showing more impressive.

Ivey/Duren/Sochan being second teamers speaks to the strength of the class tbh
    Last edited by spurraider21; 05-08-2023 at 01:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655633839551643649

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634010444292117

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634427047813120

He likely won't be, as Banchero plays his spot, and given the Kings' success, Keegan Murray will take the other forward spot.
    IMO the All Rookie 1st team will probably be:
    Mathurin, Jalen Williams, Keegan Murray, Banchero, Kessler
    And 2nd team will be:
    Nembhard, Ivey, Jabari Smith Jr, Sochan, Duren
    With a possible swap between Ivey and Mathurin.
    That said, in a (premature) re-draft, I'd take Sochan over ANYONE but Banchero. His position, size, versatility and skill set make him a much more unique prospect than guards like Ivey, Mathurin or Jalen Williams, or center Duren, and he's much younger than Keegan Murray (3 years) and Jalen Williams (2 years). That's regardless of All Rookie teams (IDGAF).
    Uh... got 9/10 right, and the one I missed was Nembhard in whose place Tari Eason was named. In my defense, Tari Eason came up 10th in voting, and Nembhard 11th by just 1 point, so I didn't do too bad
    Ivey has been underwhelming overall. Don't know if he is a lock.
    For 2nd team? He sure is. Doesn't deserve it, but might even make 1st team. Empty stats and hype go a long way into all rookie teams.
    Well, Ivey came 6th in total voting, so he did end up making 2nd team and almost 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure why Sharpe received any votes for 2nd team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655633839551643649

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634010444292117

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1655634427047813120

Uh... got 9/10 right, and the one I missed was Nembhard in whose place Tari Eason was named. In my defense, Tari Eason came up 10th in voting, and Nembhard 11th by just 1 point, so I didn't do too bad

Well, Ivey came 6th in total voting, so he did end up making 2nd team and almost 1st.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that Jaylin Williams got a First Team vote. Probably someone got him confused with his teammate. Lol.

Thread Information