Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, they need to play as many young prospects as they can, and see what they have going forward. Every veteran on the roster should be traded, and not a single free agent veteran should be signed. Get as many youngster as you can, lose as much as possible, and see if you have a few rough diamonds.
    So they're supposed to go with Primo, Jones and blank at PG? Another random body, like A. Holiday, isn't preventing a tank. It's just another body (who's 25, by the way) to get through the season.

They'll be plenty of opportunity for the youth, but you also want to put them in as good a position as possible to succeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they're supposed to go with Primo, Jones and blank at PG? Another random body, like A. Holiday, isn't preventing a tank. It's just another body (who's 25, by the way) to get through the season.

They'll be plenty of opportunity for the youth, but you also want to put them in as good a position as possible to succeed.
    No, you don't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They can try Wesley when there is really a need or branham

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Not advocating it, so relax, but I could see the Spurs pursuing Fultz (with Harris re-signing + Anthony, Suggs, to a lesser extent Hampton, there's a long jam) or Micic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tre Jones eligible for an extension? Haven’t done any due diligence on this myself. There is a good chance he is our starting PG on opening night and I think he’s going to put up quality numbers on a really bad team.

Might be worth getting ahead of his 2023 free agency coming off a solid year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was also thinking Tre Jones would be the starting PG. I didn't have time to watch those games at the end of last season, but didn't he and the team play well with him starting when Dejounte was out with that respiratory illness?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Tre Jones eligible for an extension? Haven’t done any due diligence on this myself. There is a good chance he is our starting PG on opening night and I think he’s going to put up quality numbers on a really bad team.

Might be worth getting ahead of his 2023 free agency coming off a solid year.
    Dude was almost averaging triple-double I’m telling you. I wouldn’t doubt if he’s Tom Brady

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was also thinking Tre Jones would be the starting PG. I didn't have time to watch those games at the end of last season, but didn't he and the team play well with him starting when Dejounte was out with that respiratory illness?
    I like him better than Aaron Holiday who just agreed with Atlanta... I really think he's got a chance to be a real backup PG and maybe even a starter if he gains confidence in that outside shot and can nail it at a good percentage without hesitating...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team playing well might be a stretch but he is a very capable PG and yes he was very serviceable. I understand the knock on his 3pt shooting but I don’t think we talk about him enough in that he could be a cheap young asset you can lock up for 3-4 years as a long term traditional backup PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team playing well might be a stretch but he is a very capable PG and yes he was very serviceable. I understand the knock on his 3pt shooting but I don’t think we talk about him enough in that he could be a cheap young asset you can lock up for 3-4 years as a long term traditional backup PG.
    Tre was a net positive player last year, and earned more win shares in one season (2.6) than Lonnie did in four (2.0). He and Keldon, from the 19 draft class will be the leaders now. In the last 10 months, we’ve shed 4 FRPs, Sammich, White, DJ and Lonnie, and DJ is the only one I’d keep over Jones. He’s a dog on defense, and in spite of the fact that he can’t shoot his way out of a wet paper bag, he gets to the rim easily to create for himself and others. He understands space and how to attack it.

If you can lock him up for 3/$15M n an extension, you do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre was a net positive player last year, and earned more win shares in one season (2.6) than Lonnie did in four (2.0). He and Keldon, from the 19 draft class will be the leaders now. In the last 10 months, we’ve shed 4 FRPs, Sammich, White, DJ and Lonnie, and DJ is the only one I’d keep over Jones. He’s a dog on defense, and in spite of the fact that he can’t shoot his way out of a wet paper bag, he gets to the rim easily to create for himself and others. He understands space and how to attack it.

Yeah, I think you and I are one of the few posters here who have been consistently speaking his praises. He was taking alot of heat mid season for not shooting when he was doing everything else well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think you and I are one of the few posters here who have been consistently speaking his praises. He was taking alot of heat mid season for not shooting when he was doing everything else well.
    I don't think his shot is bad or broken...I just think he's hesitant out there...if he can overcome that he's got some real upside I think..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think his shot is bad or broken...I just think he's hesitant out there...if he can overcome that he's got some real upside I think..
    Anecdotally his corner ball 3 looked decent to end the season when I tuned in but I didn’t watch too many games towards the end as I just lost interest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I’ve always said I like Tre a lot. As you’ve said he knows spacing, he gets relatively easy to the basket, not afraid of contacts, creates very well for his team mates, a lot of poise from day 1, just a classic true PG imo. Wayyy better than DJ with his handles at that age, relentless defender and maybe Spurs best point-of-attack defender. Deceptive athleticism and not shy to show it at times attacking the rim, gets to the line, deceptive burst of speed, nothing fancy just point a to point b. I hate to compare, because some people here just jumps on it, Stockton! Nothing fancy, just did his job, hard nose defender, fearless. I love this kid. He was supposed to be better than his brother. Well his brother just got a new 2-yrs 30 mil deal . Tre gets that 3 pointer, and I don’t doubt he gets that, he was already showing some last year, he’s it. Already a freaking steal. 15 mil a year is a bit high, maybe 9. But this kid’s solid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm with you guys on Tre. I think he should get a chance. Really good player. If he can get his confidence in his jump shot, he could be really good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev out here making friends Look at you! In other news, Tre is solid and emotionally/mentally tough!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kev out here making friends Look at you! In other news, Tre is solid and emotionally/mentally tough!
    John B ate my lunch the other day so I’ve been humbled!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Tre. I think his shot is ok but needs more playing time to feel comfortable shooting from the outside. Yeah, I think he could put up decent numbers. If they can sign him to an extension that is reasonable, absolutely, and if he puts up good stats...we'll see if they trade him for assets. Joking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I threw enough mud on the wall it sticks

Waiting at a roulette table at Vegas, my wife was fascinated I kept winning, nothing big, just small bets while waiting. She asks how. I play 2 columns out of 3, each placing a chip. It pays 2-1. 2 columns is 66% odds! Nothing sexy, just passing time.

I just pass time here at ST when not busy and my numbers are good. Like roulette at Vegas, just passing time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should definitely lock up Tre long term. Good back up PG on a cheap deal is always good to have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should definitely lock up Tre long term. Good back up PG on a cheap deal is always good to have
    he could be great if hes just given minutes

Spurs are Lottery Bound. SequSpur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones is not very good. Do you all even understand basketball?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre Jones is not very good. Do you all even understand basketball?
    We don't need him to be good. We need him to be below league average for a starting PG, which is what he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any new Rumblings timvp?

Thread Information