Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he's no Nicolas Batum, that's for sure...but it was unrealistic of me to think we had a shot at a sign and trade to get him. And DG is a class guy, a solid shooter and a good defender...but he better not choke in next year's playoffs! Let's all be realistic about this, though: his ceiling isn't high but then again, his floor isn't that low. Good sign. Now let's get a big and get Bonner canned for good, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal for both sides. Green and Leonard as the starting wings for combined salaries that represent about 10% of the salary cap for the next two seasons.

The George Hill trade couldn't have worked out any better. As MaNu4Tres pointed out last season, the Hill trade not only led directly to Leonard, but it created the opportunity for Green. Now the Spurs have both players for about 75% of the price for Hill alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The George Hill trade couldn't have worked out any better. As MaNu4Tres pointed out last season, the Hill trade not only led directly to Leonard, but it created the opportunity for Green. Now the Spurs have both players for about 75% of the price for Hill alone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he's no Nicolas Batum, that's for sure...but it was unrealistic of me to think we had a shot at a sign and trade to get him. And DG is a class guy, a solid shooter and a good defender...but he better not choke in next year's playoffs! Let's all be realistic about this, though: his ceiling isn't high but then again, his floor isn't that low. Good sign. Now let's get a big and get Bonner canned for good, please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good deal for both sides. Green and Leonard as the starting wings for combined salaries that represent about 10% of the salary cap for the next two seasons.

Damn, good post. Great way at looking at things, man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great news.

I don't give a if he choked in the WCF. He was a a productive player last season and he deserves to be here.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needless to say, I'd take the ring eight days a week even if it meant losing Green forever . . .
    I would have taken the ring eight days a week even if it meant losing Tony or Kawhi forever . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a feeling he was staying after his tweet on July 4th..

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    When you ask for more when som1 is already giving, shows unappreciation...be happy with what you got/are getting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs FO once more proves that it is still one of the most reasonable in the league.

lmao, rack this guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mike Monroe

Billy Duffy, who reps @Dgreen_14, confirms 3-year, $12 mil. fully guaranteed deal; 'There were a couple other suitors and quite frankly we didn’t go very far down the runway. Danny wanted to return.' First reported by @SpearsNBAYahoo
    Why the does the lead guitarist for The Cult work as an NBA rep

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Had a feeling he was staying after his tweet on July 4th..

Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    When you ask for more when som1 is already giving, shows unappreciation...be happy with what you got/are getting
    Gotta add...

One just has to be happy for a young journeyman-like player like DG. The past couple of years, there was probably a lot of instability surrounding his job and his inability to get a break to show what he's got.

Good to see he has got paid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good signing and not too much money at all. Bonner will make 3 some odd next year, so he is worth the 4.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...greenda02.htmlDanny Green stats

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...greenje02.htmlJeff Green stats

Jeff Green(9mil) and Danny Green's(4mil) per 36min stats are pretty darn similar.

Just more perspective. Oh and both are the same age. J. Green also just missed an entire season.

Great value.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta add...

One just has to be happy for a young journeyman-like player like DG. The past couple of years, there was probably a lot of instability surrounding his job and his inability to get a break to show what he's got.

Good to see he has got paid.
    He's got to realize that he is able to excel in the Spurs system but it's there's no guarantee he will excel elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are really good at not overpaying guys and if anything getting guys to accept below market rates. There's no doubt TP and Manu could have gotten more money if they had played their careers elsewhere.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see Green back. In this market I was scared he was going to get priced out of the Spurs range. Now hopefully Diaw can get reupped and the team can find a decent backup point guard.
    I agree. I think if TJ was still playing we probably would have gotten past OKC. It always helps to have more versatility on your team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just read a great point from Drew at 48MOH for those complaining about DG's contract:

Steve Novak got 4 years/15 Million
    Bigs tend to get paid more.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely a nice deal for him and for the Spurs. I think a lot of us were worried that he would get something around 5 million a year.

Also, FO is off to a great start. In this "overpay for players" climate, the Spurs secured another bargain deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some more good quotes:

“I’m very excited,” Green said. “The Spurs are really the only team I’d like to be with. Now I don’t have to worry about non-guarantees, and it’s a lot more money than I’ve played for before.”

“I’m ready to come back and try to contribute even more, and hopefully take care of some unfinished business,” he said, a reference to being ousted from the playoffs by Oklahoma City. “We need to finish what we didn’t finish this past year.

“I’m working on all the things I need to do, trying to get stronger in every aspect of the game and do the things they need me to do next year and be more consistent.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursna...-team-for-him/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To put in perspective, for those who think the deal is a bit too high. How much does Bonner get paid compare to Green?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bueno.

Wish Jack would've got this offer the first time around . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bueno.

Wish jack would've taken this offer the first time around . . .
    fyp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jack got offered 3, iirc. 3-year, 9 million. Given Jack's stature in the league and market at the time, good chance that million-dollar difference would've been enough - still bitter, admittedly.

Spurs were weary of Jarren Jackson then, just may be weary of Jack now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Given the time frame and cap differences, you could make the case the contracts are pretty similar. 9 million 10 years ago is pretty close to the 12 million now when cap differences are factored in, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish Dan Fegan would have accepted that offer, tbh.

Thread Information