Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah we definitely missed out on Anunoby... defensively moreso, as neither he or Quickley are creative enough distributors to fill that other needed void on the Spurs. Brian Wright sux.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins has been a massive disappointment tbh. Some were higher on him than others but nobody saw this year’s performance coming
    Honestly, like Keldon, Zach isn't playing back as much as he's also struggling with the way Pop has run the rotation. I never loved him as the starting big next to Wemby -- and I think the Spurs probably misread the whole situation by assuming he would be. Zach is a single big who needs speed, movement and spacing around him very similar to Wemby. Maybe in a few years when both are seasoned, they could learn to co-exist the way that Duncan and Splitter did. Right now, it's not there, and both would be better off playing most of their minutes apart. I have little doubt that had the Spurs not won the lotto and got Miller, Collins would be looking pretty decent right now.

I said pretty early that Wemby probably operates best with rim-runner/shot-blocker type rather than a finesse center like Collins. I wish the Spurs took that prospect seriously rather than seeing that archetype as an afterthought and putting zeroes like Bassey, Bediako and this new two-way there instead. They seemed way too confident in their prediction and have ended up with a decent player who probably can never justify his contract with the makeup of the roster now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, like Keldon, Zach isn't playing back as much as he's also struggling with the way Pop has run the rotation. I never loved him as the starting big next to Wemby -- and I think the Spurs probably misread the whole situation by assuming he would be. Zach is a single big who needs speed, movement and spacing around him very similar to Wemby. Maybe in a few years when both are seasoned, they could learn to co-exist the way that Duncan and Splitter did. Right now, it's not there, and both would be better off playing most of their minutes apart. I have little doubt that had the Spurs not won the lotto and got Miller, Collins would be looking pretty decent right now.

I said pretty early that Wemby probably operates best with rim-runner/shot-blocker type rather than a finesse center like Collins. I wish the Spurs took that prospect seriously rather than seeing that archetype as an afterthought and putting zeroes like Bassey, Bediako and this new two-way there instead. They seemed way too confident in their prediction and have ended up with a decent player who probably can never justify his contract with the makeup of the roster now.
    His broken 3 point shot and inability to meaningfully alter shots in the paint has nothing to do with playing along side wemby imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop does not want to win more then life
    he admitted he did not then white would be as good as he is now
    He not good to judge player potential

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop does not want to win more then life
    he admitted he did not then white would be as good as he is now
    He not good to judge player potential
    I look forward to the thread “we lost ducks, rip re ”.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are 5-28, only a dumbass would trade for expiring contracts at this point especially for draft equity. Embrace the OKC style rebuild.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His broken 3 point shot and inability to meaningfully alter shots in the paint has nothing to do with playing along side wemby imo
    Those two attributes were supposed to be where Zach's value lay, and he has performed poorly on both counts.

Thread Information