Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Laker fans hoping with all their heart that a PG can save their broken franchise that has literally been the laughing stock of the league since the Spurs swept them in the first round
    You get your sold, Amy outs Tim, you lose your 1st 5th, Tim gets joint custody of his proxy's kids, Tim loses $25 million and the Clippers tear you a brand new one. And aside from some old in Phoenix nobody notices.

Just shows to go ya.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    if a pg has less impact

then why is enrique still on the spurs roster for a clown who coatrides t o wins, but when elimination on the line his nowhere to be seen...

seems like everyone on the spurs is tradeable, except for this clown
    Pop believes he's the key to their success.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You get your sold, Amy outs Tim, you lose your 1st 5th, Tim gets joint custody of his proxy's kids, Tim loses $25 million and the Clippers tear you a brand new one. And aside from some old in Phoenix nobody notices.

Just shows to go ya.
    It could be worse....

21-61

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It could be worse....

21-61
    Giving back an NBA le is the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21-61 > Making it to and losing a Game 7 of the NBA Finals ????

You'll have to explain that one to me...

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    & your Bryant has done it twice.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    21-61 > Making it to and losing a Game 7 of the NBA Finals ????

You'll have to explain that one to me...
    They were selling your is explanation enough.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & your Bryant has done it twice.
    They were selling your .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were selling your is explanation enough.
    And I'll have to live with that. (God knows you won't let me/us forget it) I've come to peace with that Demon Cubby, but I'll take another bite of that sammich. We blew it...one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history.

Now let's talk about this 21-61.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They were selling your .
    They were hawking your merchandise. Then, Bryant thought he was a big shot. Nuh, uh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And I'll have to live with that. (God knows you won't let me/us forget it) I've come to peace with that Demon Cubby, but I'll take another bite of that sammich. We blew it...one of the biggest choke jobs in NBA history.

Now let's talk about this 21-61.
    What do you want me to say that I haven't said already? We've disgraced ourselves from the FO to the everyday game play. We've played musical chairs with the coaching when there was absolutely no need for it. We've made complete fools of ourselves and we've reaped what we've sown. The alarming part? We ain't hit bottom yet.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They were hawking your merchandise. Then, Bryant thought he was a big shot. Nuh, uh.
    No. They were actually selling your '13 NBA le gear on the television. What you're talking about for us is projection. What I'm talking about happened, it's reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you want me to say that I haven't said already? We've disgraced ourselves from the FO to the everyday game play. We've played musical chairs with the coaching when there was absolutely no need for it. We've made complete fools of ourselves and we've reaped what we've sown. The alarming part? We ain't hit bottom yet.
    I like this Cub a lot better...

Now if we could somehow get you to 75% Duncan is a , losing your 1st fifth, and Amy posts.....and 25% posts like the one you just made. You'd quickly become my favorite Lakers fan who posts here. At least you have the courage to admit the bad times....and that is a trait that is very rare 'round these parts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We drafted the purest basketball player in the draft. If the money is right, I foresee free agents coming to the Lakers to play with this kid.

We also got a summer league commitment from Robert Upshaw.

Recap: we have D'Russell and Upshaw. Upshaw will make the team. Before his "issues" he was considered a 1st rounder. D'Russell + Upshaw > drafting Okafor...and these two "fit" with Randle and Clarkson.

Million dollar question: will the Lakers develop these young players? I hope so.
    great post

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair russell turned out to be a much better pick than oak

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    “I foresee Free Agents coming to the Lakers to play with this kid”

Who would’ve thought the kid is a snitch

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You chicken for this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You chicken for this!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Fernando; the LkrFan curse strikes again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, I didn't foresee how PGs (or pseudo PGs, ex Harden) have become the most important position in the league (by far). 2015 was still about wings and bigs (to an extent).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a side note, I didn't foresee how PGs (or pseudo PGs, ex Harden) have become the most important position in the league (by far). 2015 was still about wings and bigs (to an extent).
    3 best players in the league are still wings tbh.

Harden isn't a pg in the typical sense, you kind of noted that anyway.

But the real reason I was going to post

Robert Upshaw

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    It's still all about dynamic two-way wings, tbh. Traditional point guards are strictly for the regular season. The only exception to the rule might be Alphabrook if Presti ever gets serious about building a real team around him. And Curry, since even when he has his usual playoff disappearing acts, he's still carrying Durbeta by giving him wide open shots due to the gravity he creates.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the biggest misconception about today's NBA: that it is a PG's league. Not it isn't son. It is a wing's league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the biggest misconception about today's NBA: that it is a PG's league. Not it isn't son. It is a wing's league.
    8 of the top 15 players per RPM are PGs (they are also the majority in every other advanced stat category you can think of). The really only successful "wing" player since the Warriors took hold of the league has been Lebron, and he plays more like a PG than anything else (Warriors aren't built around Durant, they're built around Curry. He is still the primary catalyst for that entire offense). PGs have become the most important position in the game because the pick-and-roll is the most dangerous offensive set in the game, and the pick-and-roll centers around ball handling and passing, two PG centric skills. Then add into that the ability to shoot from distance off the dribble (Curry, Harden, Lilliard, etc) for further impact. And you know who has been arguably Boston's most important player in their run following all the injuries? PG Terry Rozier. The primary wings on the Celtics are having less game impact than Aron Baynes, despite the decent per game stats.

Thread Information