Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1774
    ......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this Raptors pick a top 6 protected first rounder in 2025 AND 2026 aswell? So spurs have 2 more cracks at it if it doesn’t convey this year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is this Raptors pick a top 6 protected first rounder in 2025 AND 2026 aswell? So spurs have 2 more cracks at it if it doesn’t convey this year?
    YES

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean there is no way this is a playoff team with no stars on this team.They had anunoby and siakam this season and
    still werent in playoff contention.Now they have nobody,And you cant see them in top 6 worst team next year?
    I don’t need them in the playoffs, just better than 6th worst. I can absolutely see them in the 7-12 range next season, probably with equal or slightly better odds than them being bottom 6. Before Scotty and Jak went down, we were wondering if they were starting to get TOO close to the play-in.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t need them in the playoffs, just better than 6th worst. I can absolutely see them in the 7-12 range next season, probably with equal or slightly better odds than them being bottom 6. Before Scotty and Jak went down, we were wondering if they were starting to get TOO close to the play-in.
    Thats the thing,If there not good enough to make the playoffs.You better expect teams to go full tank including raps.
    Your getting potential superstar players like flagg and maluach and others coming in next years draft.There not
    gonna be ok with them getting a 8th pick going to us getting a potential star in next year draft and them missing out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it wasint a free pick tho...We traded a top center for it.
    An impending free agent center that didn’t fit into the plan, at least according to the conventional wisdom on here that no player without an outside shot should be on the floor in today’s NBA. Sounds like we took what we could get which wasn’t going to be a lot, but possibly a free spin on a first round prospect.

That said, I still like Edey if he landed at our #33 pick this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are going to have to outtank a lot of teams next year including....huh....the Spurs....yet again. All these two year deals this past off season make sense now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors are going to have to outtank a lot of teams next year including....huh....the Spurs....yet again. All these two year deals this past off season make sense now.
    there is no way wemby accepts that.If they run this back again.Hes embrassed of himself getting drafted and
    yet the team got worse some how.We cant have this tension build with wemby and players and media after this show of a season
    going thru this again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats the thing,If there not good enough to make the playoffs.You better expect teams to go full tank including raps.
    Your getting potential superstar players like flagg and maluach and others coming in next years draft.There not
    gonna be ok with them getting a 8th pick going to us getting a potential star in next year draft and them missing out.
    That’s what’s made the Raptors so confounding. They’re done exactly the opposite of that in recent years, where they probably should have bottomed out. They do things like giving Jak a big pay day, extending Olynk in recent weeks, sign up for $80 of Barrett, and, just watch, overpay IQ this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just repeating the same stuff over and over:

- Raptors are not tanking, they are soft rebuilding
    - Tanking is generally an awful idea, as in losing games purely to try to get a top pick. Just because it somehow worked for us doesn't make it a good idea.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s what’s made the Raptors so confounding. They’re done exactly the opposite of that in recent years, where they probably should have bottomed out. They do things like giving Jak a big pay day, extending Olynk in recent weeks, sign up for $80 of Barrett, and, just watch, overpay IQ this summer.
    And yet here they are.Not even trying to tank this season,On there way to one of the worst
    teams this season.Cant be making injury excuses,Other teams are injured like miami
    new york cleveland philly and still in contention for the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last time I checked, Washington and Detroit are still in the Eastern Conference. I don't think the lottery will keep Toronto in the top six each of the next three drafts. The Spurs could still have three or four FRPs next year with Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, and SA if the TOR 2024 FRP stays with Toronto.

The Spurs will turn some of these many many picks into veteran players in the next two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA could still turn the #33 or 34 pick into a pick outside of the lottery by using some of the 15 or 16 SRPs coming on line in coming drafts.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SA could still turn the #33 or 34 pick into a pick outside of the lottery by using some of the 15 or 16 SRPs coming on line in coming drafts.
    they aint gonna do except sale those second rounders for cash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they aint gonna do except sale those second rounders for cash.
    Really? They are going to sell (Sail, sale?) all of their SRPs for cash. Interesting.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs could still have three or four FRPs next year with Atlanta, Chicago, Toronto, and SA if the TOR 2024 FRP stays with Toronto.
    Technically 5 with the CHA pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At being too caught up in your schtick to realize who this post is about.
    well given that my schtick is to point out stupid that people say and 'who this is about' is irrelevant to that, I await your explanation of this nonsense.

Before that post you were telling us that there was no way we were getting the top pick. This of course was also stupid because with our record we enjoy the highest possible probability of getting the first pick.

and then you were just telling us we should be ashamed of tanking.

i await more stupidity.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree we went for the soft rebuild after the Kawhi ordeal, where did that get us?
    Meanwhile 3 tanked seasons got us 3 cornerstones.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and then you were just telling us we should be ashamed of tanking.
    He was talking about the Raptors, that's why he added "if it doesn't convey this year and the Spurs are looking to make a significant trade, it should be included".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was talking about the Raptors, that's why he added "if it doesn't convey this year and the Spurs are looking to make a significant trade, it should be included".
    that is fair. him saying we are not going to get a top pick led me to make a poor assumption about the next post.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet here they are.Not even trying to tank this season,On there way to one of the worst
    teams this season.Cant be making injury excuses,Other teams are injured like miami
    new york cleveland philly and still in contention for the playoffs.
    Come on man, the injuries are the reason dude. No other way around it. They’re not the same after their best player went down, say nothing of Jak being out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go. Now conveniently almost every legit NBA player (save Barrett, who was questionable and Olynyk) are out.

I'm telling you, they're going to do everything in their power for this pick to eventually turn into two 2nds.

The league is stuck between a rock and a hard place: Throw their buddies a life jacket again as they flail helplessly in deep waters or help their GOAT caliber prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree we went for the soft rebuild after the Kawhi ordeal, where did that get us?
    Meanwhile 3 tanked seasons got us 3 cornerstones.
    1.5 cornerstones, but whose counting.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go. Now conveniently almost every legit NBA player (save Barrett, who was questionable and Olynyk) are out.

I'm telling you, they're going to do everything in their power for this pick to eventually turn into two 2nds.

The league is stuck between a rock and a hard place: Throw their buddies a life jacket again as they flail helplessly in deep waters or help their GOAT caliber prospect.
    Like I've said all along. Look for Toronto to tank down the stretch and try to get into the fifth slot. Everyone is out

Can they stay ahead of Portland. It's going to come down to how bad Portland tanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I've said all along. Look for Toronto to tank down the stretch and try to get into the fifth slot. Everyone is out

Can they stay ahead of Portland. It's going to come down to how bad Portland tanks.
    They’re not going to get to 5. Some of the Tanking Five have been winning the odd game here and there as the team ahead of them wins one, but that stops cold if Toronto does start the tank.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto has already started the tank

Thread Information