Page 47 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1774
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want that second top ten pick BAD. we need that infusion of young talent surrounding Victor. I can See Risacher and Dillingham now transforming this team with Tre Jones and Keldon Johnson off the bench, with Patty Mills player-coaching during the timeouts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess we won't get the pick unless there's some movement in the lottery where they somehow end up out of the top 6. I also really want the pick to convey so we can draft an SF and a PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The odds for the pick to convey drop if Toronto climbs to #6, but, counterintuitively, the odds to get pick #7 CLIMB if they end at #6.

#6 position

Pick conveys 53ish percent
    Pick conveys at #7 29.8%

#7 position

Pick conveys 68ish percent
    Pick conveys at #7 19.7%

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not too much incentive for TOR to try and win from this point forward, but a coin flip's chance at the maximum payoff for the TOR pick is still a pretty nice threading of the needle on this trade, I'll take it! However, if it does not convey I think it may be best to try to include that TOR pick in some trade package (even if to just kick the pick down the road, though I'd prefer a useful player now). The glut of picks almost demands it.
    Nobody gonna trade a good player for pick that most likely wont convey...This year was the best chance to.
    They will be trash the next few years,i expect them to be worst next year then tank again to get their pick in
    a better draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want that second top ten pick BAD. we need that infusion of young talent surrounding Victor. I can See Risacher and Dillingham now transforming this team with Tre Jones and Keldon Johnson off the bench, with Patty Mills player-coaching during the timeouts.
    Tre and Keldon would still be better than Risacher and Dillingham the next 2 or 3 years, assuming the last 2 actuallly pan out in the NBA... Risacher and Dilly wouldn't "tranform" this team their first season, they'd still be young rookies with everything to learn about the NBA and the growing pains coming with... Not every rookie is Wemby.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tre and Keldon would still be better than Risacher and Dillingham the next 2 or 3 years, assuming the last 2 actuallly pan out in the NBA... Risacher and Dilly wouldn't "tranform" this team their first season, they'd still be young rookies with everything to learn about the NBA and the growing pains coming with... Not every rookie is Wemby.
    cap on tre...guy cant shoot,average defender and average playmaker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody gonna trade a good player for pick that most likely wont convey...This year was the best chance to.
    They will be trash the next few years,i expect them to be worst next year then tank again to get their pick in
    a better draft.
    TOR is a confusing as team. All their recent moves suggest they have zero interest in being bad any time soon, and honestly a healthy version of their current roster is not a bottom 6 team next year. As a fan with a stake in their pick I think this is great, but if I was a fan of theirs I’d be annoyed as .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TOR is a confusing as team. All their recent moves suggest they have zero interest in being bad any time soon, and honestly a healthy version of their current roster is not a bottom 6 team next year. As a fan with a stake in their pick I think this is great, but if I was a fan of theirs I’d be annoyed as .
    i mean there is no way this is a playoff team with no stars on this team.They had anunoby and siakam this season and
    still werent in playoff contention.Now they have nobody,And you cant see them in top 6 worst team next year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A healthy Toronto isn't exactly terrible. More importantly, they have a direction and that's important.

If they keep their pick this year, they will have a 1-6 pick AND Indiana's pick. The Pacers are at 15 and the play-in. They just lost Mathurin and aren't really playing great. If they lose the play-in they'll be in the lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I guess we won't get the pick unless there's some movement in the lottery where they somehow end up out of the top 6. I also really want the pick to convey so we can draft an SF and a PG
    If they wind up 6th it still gives us a bit more than a 50% chance of securing the pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a better draft.
    Ariel has posted tremendous analysis of the odds of the pick conveying if it does not convey this year, and unless TOR goes hard tank mode, the odds are still heavily in favor of it conveying. Saying "it likely won't convey" is prematurely pessimistic, IMO, unless you truly believe they will hard tank - which their moves don't necessarily suggest but you never know.

Anyway, I'd imagine the pick moved as part of a package - not a single pick for a single player.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want knecht with that Toronto pick. That’s all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting to top 10 rookies and packaging some later picks for a quality vet sounds like a plan. I like your thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nice part about getting the Raptors pick would be if the player was a bust, we could say well it was sort of a free pick we didn’t even count on getting. I been thinking for a while now, it may be now or never on this pick since TOR looks like a full blown rebuild to me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nice part about getting the Raptors pick would be if the player was a bust, we could say well it was sort of a free pick we didn’t even count on getting. I been thinking for a while now, it may be now or never on this pick since TOR looks like a full blown rebuild to me.
    it wasint a free pick tho...We traded a top center for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have contacted the league over the All-Star break and told them to expect egregious tanking from this shameless franchise.

Despite their best efforts to be a treadmill team, that team is bad enough to be in the bottom 5 or thereabouts the following few years and their front office has job security to see it through.

That's why if it doesn't convey this year and the Spurs are looking to make a significant trade, it should be included.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have contacted the league over the All-Star break and told them to expect egregious tanking from this shameless franchise.

Despite their best efforts to be a treadmill team, that team is bad enough to be in the bottom 5 or thereabouts the following few years and their front office has job security to see it through.

That's why if it doesn't convey this year and the Spurs are looking to make a significant trade, it should be included.
    Hmmmm… Scottie Barnes won’t allow it.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want knecht with that Toronto pick. That’s all
    Just take Cam Spencer in the 2nd round if you want a shooter who will come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hmmmm… Scottie Barnes won’t allow it.
    Yeah, if TOR is going to hard tank for the next two years (after this one), you'd think it would be in their best interest to move Barnes. He is going to be rookie extension eligible this offseason, but because of his injury (and performance this year) he is highly unlikely to qualify for the designated rookie extension. So if TOR hard tanks next year and the year after, Barnes will have 3 years left on his extension (unless they don't extend him and do an Ayton/Kawhi like salary cap game... which hasn't really worked out all that well for teams that have done it). Seems like a tough use of 3 prime Scottie Barnes years and they'd be better off moving him for a bag (much like the Spurs did with DJM). What they do with Barnes will be a big clue as to what direction they are headed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs getting a top pick certainly bothers you. We have an excellent shot to be top 3 and top 2 leads to at least an even shot at getting Risacher.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Spurs got the top pick two years in a row?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is not going for a hard tank they actually made some decent trades it's just right now the injury bug has hit two of there starters so of course they are loosing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they wind up 6th it still gives us a bit more than a 50% chance of securing the pick
    I know, there's just not a lot of shuffling going on in reality though. Usually one team outside of the top 5 jumps into the top 5 and that's about it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not an awful thing for us to not get the Toronto pick this year. We can only carry so many 19 year olds on our team. We have three likely slots open at a minimum: Osman, Graham and Mamu. It could be more depending on what we do with Bassey, Champ, and Barlow. We could see all three back but Bassey and Champ could be a gone depending on acquisitions and their non guaranteed contracts. It would be nice to continue to see the growth of Barlow as a Spur.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no way Raptors will be top6 in both 2025 and 2026.
    And if they're planning to tank, they'll definitely let us have this year's pick for a couple of second rounders to remove protection or whatever.
    Unless there's a player they really want to draft and they get a top5 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs getting a top pick certainly bothers you. We have an excellent shot to be top 3 and top 2 leads to at least an even shot at getting Risacher.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Spurs got the top pick two years in a row?
    At being too caught up in your schtick to realize who this post is about.

Thread Information