Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2258
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of basketball world chatter claiming the Spurs will get in and trade picks for Herro.

Lol.
    that . Save those picks to go out and get someone good in a year or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of basketball world chatter claiming the Spurs will get in and trade picks for Herro.

Lol.
    That would be almost too good to be true. But couldn't the Spurs use their salary cap space, too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not funny, that's exactly what happened most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herro is not horrible, but they should've max Reaves if they wanted a shooter. I'd also prefer Simons if the Spurs were truly going to be in that deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that . Save those picks to go out and get someone good in a year or two.
    I don't think the Spurs would take Herro even for free. Just another nasty contract. The Heat is great at generating them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Herro is not horrible, but they should've max Reaves if they wanted a shooter. I'd also prefer Simons if the Spurs were truly going to be in that deal.
    THEY WERE NEVER GETTING REAVES. EVEN THE REAVES CAMP ADMITS THIS. MOVE THE ON.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not horrible in the context that guys like Jamal Crawford etc are not horrible but they are empty calories guys that I just dont value much personally. Especially at a premium contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not horrible in the context that guys like Jamal Crawford etc are not horrible but they are empty calories guys that I just dont value much personally. Especially at a premium contract.
    What is Herro's contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    THEY WERE NEVER GETTING REAVES. EVEN THE REAVES CAMP ADMITS THIS. MOVE THE ON.
    You’re the one playing seek and destroy on any Reaves post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You simps are gonna obsess over Reaves all summer, aren't you? It's going to be nonstop Austin Reaves. And then when he turns out to just be me ordinary shmo you're gonna pretend you never said a word about him.

Why does this happen every summer?
    "Obsess"

It's not obsessing. It's discussion on a message board. I mean, I guess we could be starting 10 paragraph threads to once again state how much we love Anthony Black (in the event you missed the 800 other posts about it), but instead we're discussing a relevant timely topic. No one here is slitting their wrists because we didn't get Austin Reaves, we're merely discussing a free agent in a thread about free agency. The discussion obviously has little appeal to you, so why not just stay out of it?

You start some good discussions, but why the need to come around and on every discussion that doesn't align with your worldview? Is your life really this pathetic?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One reason agents are key to getting an offer sheet for Reaves is relationships and backscratching. You know, "If you can make it July 5 with $20m in cap please sign my guy to a 3/60. Or a 3+1. Do this for us knowing the Lakers will match and I'll help you out in a future draft steering a guy you want to you. Limiting workouts, skipping interviews, etc. And next time you're in a jam I can help you with a free agent"

But because Reaves has dollar store scrub agents, there's nothing there as far as trust or a relationship. Why would the Spurs want to work with them if not for screwing the Lakers? Could the Spurs even trust these wannabees to keep their word if the Spurs maintained cap?

Because I don't think the Spurs could trust them to not fold under the pressure. The Lakers probably wined and dined these nobodies who couldn't afford to eat at the nice restaurants they were eating at, and then threatened that the Lakers offer of 50 would be pulled and Reaves would fire them and get real agents and these guys folded in puddles of sweat.

Because their other clients are guys like:

Colin Castleton. - Coincidentally just signed a 2-way with the Lakers
    Leon Ayers III - undrafted and so far unsigned in 2023
    Shayne Whittington - played 2 years and 27 games in NBA last in 15-16. Played in Japan 2 years ago.
    Dru Smith - was on a 2 way with Brooklyn, did not receive a qualifying offer. Will turn 26 in December, not a lot of high hopes for the future career.
    Maalik Wayns - 32 years old, career ended in the Iranian League 3 years ago, now a high school coach

And Andrew Bynum is listed as a client who last signed a contract in 2013 as his career was winding down.

Hoopshype lists him with only 1 NBA player.

Bottom line I don't think the Spurs trusted this agency to do that kind of business with. Tying up your cap with the significant risk of these guys just signing with LA anyway ... Too much. This agency would be in no position to ever suffer the consequences from screwing SA over because they have no clients or relationships to value.
    Great explanation of the value of agency, especially for those who seem to think that agents are just glorified secretaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    12s
    Rockets are nearing a deal with Dillon Brooks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Houston has been lining up trades around league, and could turn Brooks deal into sign-and-trade with Memphis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brooks in the rox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Obsess"

It's not obsessing. It's discussion on a message board. I mean, I guess we could be starting 10 paragraph threads to once again state how much we love Anthony Black (in the event you missed the 800 other posts about it), but instead we're discussing a relevant timely topic. No one here is slitting their wrists because we didn't get Austin Reaves, we're merely discussing a free agent in a thread about free agency. The discussion obviously has little appeal to you, so why not just stay out of it?

You start some good discussions, but why the need to come around and on every discussion that doesn't align with your worldview? Is your life really this pathetic?
    Dude spends months on end talking in circles about hypothetical draft picks the Spurs never had any intention of going after yet claims everyone else is "obsessed" dudes just a giant ing head

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is Herro's contract?
    27M this year, 29M next, 31 next & 33M 4th year. Fully guaranteed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    27M this year, 29M next, 31 next & 33M 4th year. Fully guaranteed
    Thanks, thought it was way lower than that -- since he hasn't been in the league all that long.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Rockets might be the least likeable ty basketball team this season

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyler Herro, Keldon Johnson and PJ. Washington - Kentucky

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    don’t know why they’d move him when they’re talking about an extension
    https://www.si.com/nba/jazz/news/jor...ct-trade-rumor

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lol.
    Herro got the kind of contract you give up picks to get off of.

Imagine having Victor and the number 2 player to him is tyler ing herro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope the Rockets getting Brooks in a S&T means he’s about to get a massive contract $65MM a year for FVV and Brooks…please make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    Front offices talking to Portland today were left with impression that GM Joe Cronin is pursuing a star-level return package for Damian Lillard – and that Cronin plans to look well beyond the Miami Heat to find one.

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Blazers’ Joe Cronin: “We have been clear that we want Dame here but he notified us today he wants out and he’d prefer to play someplace else. What has not changed for us is that we’re committed to winning, and we are going to do what’s best for the team in pursuit of that goal.”

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since you see him as a max value please predict his season next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God I would love Maxey from PHI - please trade Dame there so there’s an actual chance SA as a third team can get something good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jake Fischer
    JakeLFischer
    1m
    With trade conversations that would send Damian Lillard to the Miami Heat, Portland has the goal of finding a third team for Tyler Herro, league sources told @YahooSports.

Thread Information