My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    multiplesauces.jpg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel that. Would rather have character guys that are good too. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for a sign and trade with Millsap and then sign Hill. They won't have any problem playing team ball and we know without a doubt they'll fit the system, not mention have no problem knowing who the man is.
    They've got to aim their sights higher first, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Aesthetics and likability would improve, but that would be a lot of money ($40-45M per for 3-4 years) for a 32 and 31 year old respectively, neither of whom is great. Despite Millsap being a top 20 player in recent years, I consider him more super role player than star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've got to aim their sights higher first, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Aesthetics and likability would improve, but that would be a lot of money ($40-45M per for 3-4 years) for a 32 and 31 year old respectively, neither of whom is great. Despite Millsap being a top 20 player in recent years, I consider him more super role player than star.
    If you could pick, would you prefer Ibaka for 10-15 mil less per? Or be cool with giving Milsap the max?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you could pick, would you prefer Ibaka for 10-15 mil less per? Or be cool with giving Milsap the max?
    Definitely wouldn't give Millsap the max. 4/$100M is probably the floor for him, but it's also about the ceiling, as far as what I'd feel comfortable with.

Ibaka is rumored to be getting about 4/$80M to re-sign with Raptors. Wouldn't want to give him even that much. Has taken a significant step back athletically, without taking tangible step forward mentally.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Hill and Millsap are both elite role players in my estimation but they are two way players. And their age is fine when you factor in they'll give us a better chance than now during Kawhis prime years that so many here are worried about. On a tangent, aren't Klay and Draymond elite role players in all honesty? It's about the system and Hill and Millsap would fit like a glove.

David Beat Me Up :(
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those of you who think George Hill will be a cheaper alternative:

"The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/...th-to-the-jazz
    Last edited by goliath; 06-24-2017 at 06:13 PM.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."

I guess I'm hoping for a hometown discount... best compe ive situation... he apparently loves it here and has a home in SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a fan of CP3 and hope he does not sign here. Anyways my bold prediction is that he will not sign with the Spurs. He will drag out the process for over a week or so since he's a diva and wants the attention but in the end he will re-sign with the Clippers. Nobody every leaves NYC or LA if they are getting paid. Those two cities are impossible to resist for these guys. Dwight is the only player to ever leave LA and he was the exception to the rule. Safe to say he would have stayed had the Lakers promised to get rid of Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people here are delusional. They claim Hill and Jrue are better options because they'll command less than say Chris Paul...

But, in reality, they're going to be just as expensive.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 06-24-2017 at 06:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 stays in L.A., Jrue stays in NO, Hill goes to another team on an insane contract, and the Spurs just roll the dice with Murray, White, a gimpy TP, and maybe an over the hill FA at PG.

Book it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, Hill and Millsap are both elite role players in my estimation but they are two way players. And their age is fine when you factor in they'll give us a better chance than now during Kawhis prime years that so many here are worried about. On a tangent, aren't Klay and Draymond elite role players in all honesty? It's about the system and Hill and Millsap would fit like a glove.
    Agreed and had that coward not left a top 2-4 team and put the best team out of reach, that core, combined with the right role players, might have had a shot at a championship. Now, the only chance will be to have overwhelming star power, replete with 3 and D's and mobile bigs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

$33 mil per for George Hill lol!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to today's free agent market, people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $33 mil per for George Hill lol!!!
    Well I sure hope he gets it just not here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to be a robust market for point guards. Most that needed them drafted or traded for them. Esp with the cap shrink and teams belt tightening, may actually be a good time to buy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not going to be a robust market for point guards. Most that needed them drafted or traded for them. Esp with the cap shrink and teams belt tightening, may actually be a good time to buy.
    I agree with this, I would mind George Hill on the cheap but not for the max or near max. A lot of the teams that were potential players for a PG ended up picking one up (Philly and Brooklyn).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who could the Spurs get? It seems more and more likely that the same team is put out there next year. CP3 isn't leaving LA, and there isn't anyone else worth breaking the bank for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co...h_about_three/

Kind of interesting:

"I live in SA, and Im in the service industry. I kept this quiet for about 3 weeks now, but I think its time. Pop and LMA met for a private lunch at the Silo off 1604, they ate in a room by themselves with doors closed, then talked for about 3 hours. LMA left looking upset, Pop was stoic. I think they were discussing LMAs future, I just didnt know if it was a come to Jesus moment or a gtfo request til now.
    I left this as a comment in a thread about LMA wanting to leave, and I think its an interesting bit of information that gives credit to him voicing his desire to get out. Wanted to make it a post so everyone could see
    ."
    Crazy. My business partner told me the exact same thing about 10 days ago, while we were working. He got a text and told me that while we were story-boarding and I got annoyed that he was talking bull while we were trying to get done.
    I even kind of ed him out... Damn.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 stays in L.A., Jrue stays in NO, Hill goes to another team on an insane contract, and the Spurs just roll the dice with Murray, White, a gimpy TP, and maybe an over the hill FA at PG.

Book it.
    Spurs are in the same situation that they were in '01 after getting swept by the Lakers. Just like '01 they are going to have to slowly retool the team for the next 2-3 years and develop young talent. There is no quick fix and I don't believe CP3 would be the solution to the problem anyways. Some people will argue that the spurs need to win immediately because Kawhi could bolt in a few years if the spurs are not in contention. I would say that's a possibility but there is no way around the current situation unless the spurs can pick up 2 all-stars randomly which is not happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have a good team albeit with a disgruntled Aldridge, but would probably be better off retooling on the fly. Problem is, it's looking less and less possible right now between Softus losing all trade value and most impact FAs wanting too much money.

To me, the biggest issue is wasting a year or prime Kawhi...But what can be done?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess I'm hoping for a hometown discount... best compe ive situation... he apparently loves it here and has a home in SA.
    too add to that, he's married to a girl from south Texas. I went to highschool with her.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And who could the Spurs get? It seems more and more likely that the same team is put out there next year. CP3 isn't leaving LA, and there isn't anyone else worth breaking the bank for.
    From the FA pool I'd target Hayward. Age range close to Leonard, upgrades a massive hole on the team and allows for more flexibility (play small or big).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even on a discount, Hill is too much. Is he worth 30 million a year even in this market? I don't personally think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the FA pool I'd target Hayward. Age range close to Leonard, upgrades a massive hole on the team and allows for more flexibility (play small or big).
    I'd love Gordo here but it's seems more and more likely that he's a Celtic next year IF he decides on leaving Utah.

Thread Information