Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what it would take in all honesty. Spurs always seem reticent to deal with WC rivals, Sacramento is committed to winning now (a relative term for the franchise )...

I guess if they felt KJ was going to price himself out of their comfort levels, maybe...

SA - KJ + Langford (Filler) + 9 + 20 for
    SAC
    - 4 + Mo Harkless

Would that be enough? May get a conversation started...
    That's at the very least a very reasonable compensation package. If they are open to trading the pick, that should be something to consider. And honestly it may be MORE than I'd be willing to give up... At 4 we're looking at Ivey most likely... I love him, but that's a steep price... maybe switch 38 for 20? or 25, at the most. I don't really want to part with 20. Also, lately I have this hunch it may be Chet that ends up last of the top 4, and I don't want him at that price at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I don't want is a player who can't shoot and is limited offensively. Mathurin is a top ten pick for a reason, he's no traffic cone.

The spurs would be lucky to have a shot at him at 9.

You can find other players with lower draft picks who are primarily defensive orientated.

The Spurs have no go to player who can hit the big shot in a big spot.
    Sure we do. His name is Lomkie Walker, and surprise surprise,he doesn’t play defense worth a crap. Why do we want to duplicate that mistake?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure we do. His name is Lomkie Walker, and surprise surprise,he doesn’t play defense worth a crap. Why do we want to duplicate that mistake?
    Mathurin is not Walker. Walker doesn't even have high offensive upside. Bad comparison.
    Last edited by rascal; 06-05-2022 at 09:51 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's at the very least a very reasonable compensation package. If they are open to trading the pick, that should be something to consider. And honestly it may be MORE than I'd be willing to give up... At 4 we're looking at Ivey most likely... I love him, but that's a steep price... maybe switch 38 for 20? or 25, at the most. I don't really want to part with 20. Also, lately I have this hunch it may be Chet that ends up last of the top 4, and I don't want him at that price at all.
    I mean I would be pretty excited if the Spurs were willing to give up that haul for whoever they chose at #4. It would suggest to me they're extremely comfortable with that player projecting to be a franchise cornerstone or at worst high level starter for years to come.
    If Sacramento is genuinely interested in parting with #4 (and it is just rumors at this point), I would expect there to be plenty of suitors. I think ideally you would want to blow them away from the jump, make an offer that is difficult to turn down/look elsewhere and that expires as soon as you hang up the phone. Take it or leave it kind of approach.
    (It should be stated that I'm not even sure GMs operate like this. )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin is not Walker. Walker doesn't even have high offensive upside. Bad comparison.
    But he’s not that far off either. If you want this player just pay Lonnie something reasonable this summer. Draft Davis at the wing, or go for the best center.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin is better than Davis also.

Mathurin will be drafted before Davis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I have a feeling all the posts comparing Mathurin to Walker are going to age like milk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mathurin a lot he’s one of my top 3 choices for the spurs at number 9. What does sorta scare me tho lol I see a little Dion Waiters in him which would be horrible. I think he’ll be much better but his range of outcomes is pretty wide imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Randomly thought: since the Spurs were said to be highly interested in Mathurin in last year’s draft, does that mean if he had stayed, he would be a Spur right now instead of Josh Primo? How would the team look in that case?

Thread Information