Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank god for the rockets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This whole thread is about people melting down that the spurs didnt tank at their preffered (usually retroactive ) time now a separate group is melting down that the tank isnt happening fast enough. And the thing is the same as the “if you lived here youd be home by now“ signs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were many in the early days of this thread who never believed the Spurs would reach the lows that they have reached now.
    Just another day to say, you Kawhi!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tank will prove to be fruitful in the end ( draft capital / personnel ). Next year should start the accession back to relevancy. This year was necessary….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably useless to assess, but:

Rockets are a self-made disaster and, I believe, won't control their own draft picks for a bit? But they do get the Nets', although Marks is good enough and has a lot of pieces that these might not be great. Ultimately the Rox have an awful owner.

Mavericks made a big, big swing for Kyrie, but it's already looking a bit rough. Two ball-dominant players, one a cracked weirdo, the other a chubby complainer. Kyrie may not even stick around. I think they completely blow the Doncic era.

Pelicans look worse than I expected this year. They had an astounding draft a couple times ago (and may get a great pick this year still), but those are superb role-players. Zion has the knees of an infant and Ingram just ain't that guy.

Grizzlies are still near-contenders, but they have shown absolutely rotten personalities from the arrogance of Ja to the psychotic Brooks. When Ja plays, their defense suffers, when he doesn't play, they aren't as cohesive as they were last year.

I mean, the Western Conference sucks. It sucks so bad that the Warriors may still get out of this den of slap s. It sucks that the Spurs couldn't compete when the league was this trash. But in terms of future, it's hard to say they're really the worse. They've done great to ac ulate assets. After whiffing on the 2021 draft (no Sengun, not even Primo), they pulled two good players in Sochan and Branham. They have no huge liabilities. They have a pretty nice cache of picks in the next seven years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Rockets are a self-made disaster and, I believe, won't control their own draft picks for a bit? But they do get the Nets', although Marks is good enough and has a lot of pieces that these might not be great. Ultimately the Rox have an awful owner.

Mavericks made a big, big swing for Kyrie, but it's already looking a bit rough. Two ball-dominant players, one a cracked weirdo, the other a chubby complainer. Kyrie may not even stick around. I think they completely blow the Doncic era.

Pelicans look worse than I expected this year. They had an astounding draft a couple times ago (and may get a great pick this year still), but those are superb role-players. Zion has the knees of an infant and Ingram just ain't that guy.

Grizzlies are still near-contenders, but they have shown absolutely rotten personalities from the arrogance of Ja to the psychotic Brooks. When Ja plays, their defense suffers, when he doesn't play, they aren't as cohesive as they were last year.

I mean, the Western Conference sucks. It sucks so bad that the Warriors may still get out of this den of slap s. It sucks that the Spurs couldn't compete when the league was this trash. But in terms of future, it's hard to say they're really the worse. They've done great to ac ulate assets. After whiffing on the 2021 draft (no Sengun, not even Primo), they pulled two good players in Sochan and Branham. They have no huge liabilities. They have a pretty nice cache of picks in the next seven years.
    They had a better win % in the 25 games Ja missed last year than in the games he played. That’s almost 1/3 of the season,so it’s not a small sample size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really highlights what an absolutely disaster it will be in Houston lands Wemby. What a complete and utter show that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread seemed like the best place for this

lol rockets

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    no one asked for a retärd's take.
    And yet, you keep giving it to us.
    you really early on in this thread:
    This one did age well at ALL.
    the rockets beat the spurs by 44 points over the past two games. imagine they get the #1 picks + the nets' picks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    There were many in the early days of this thread who never believed the Spurs would reach the lows that they have reached now.

it was literally me vs everyone tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    for anyone new to thread: i wasn't kicking a dog while it was down.

i didn't start my thread this season, i started my thread when the spurs were #1 in their division two years ago:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm only here to talk about how bad the rockets are.
    That's an excellent use for the thread, tbh. Yeah the Rockettes' locker room is dog . It's already impacting the growth of their "star prospects" and will be terribly hard to correct moving forward. That culture is rotten to the core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's a lesson to be learned there. When a team matures and enters a contender phase, they usually have to spend assets to trade for the pieces they need. Also, salary implications mean they lose certain players and they need competent replacement. If such a team is led by a superstar, there's added pressure driven by the fear of losing him, which means resource management tends to be suboptimal. In summary, you need to build a substantial amount of talent and assets PRIOR to entering the contender phase, because once the train leaves the station, you need to burn whatever is aboard to keep it running (first their excess picks, then their own, then their role players, then they're f*cked). So the notion that we'll bounce right back if/when we land Wemby isn't realistic, at least not if we're aiming at a sustained success. Our young guys won't be ready for prime time in a while, it's better to build the team organically from the bottom up, than trying to rush events, which is likely costly and futile. We probably would be better served by continuing to add pieces and trend up for a couple of years, before the young core is ready. That doesn't mean a shameless tank such as this season, but more likely like Indiana is doing right now, but whatever the case, we should be really wary of starting to run while our pants are still down... it doesn't usually end up well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    we should be really wary of starting to run while our pants are still down... it doesn't usually end up well.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You honestly believe you're smart? LMAO
    What do the Rockets have besides low Brooklyn Nets picks?
    lmao smart, doubt. this post says other wise
    To the point of this stupid thread (#1,000,00 for an ST troll) attention to this moron.
    It’s time to close this thread
    Should have been closed the moment it was posted
    this thread is getting worse and worse by the day
    It’s funny, but OP bragged on coming in here often, but he’s on the side of a milk carton for a while now.
    This thread will be good for many bumps.

Spurs also have a ton more flexibility this offseason and still own all of their picks.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    ^ all that's just from the first few pages of thread. 98% of y'all kept persisting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP must be a charity case or special needs kid that timvp allows to fill this board with junk. I mean, the only explanation must be that he’s timvp’s nephew or something and that he feels sorry for him. No way this dude gets away with this bull on any other forum. It’s like a 10 year old who gets his own corner so the adults can mingle without having to worry about the kid. That’s what this feels like.
    It’s playtime again for the OP

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOU still a mess, winning against two-way players won't magically fix that. OP don't even know half the players we played.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s playtime again for the OP
    He saw a box score and it was too stimulating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is literally monkey brain stuff. Stimulus, response. Not even a monkey, actually. Monkeys can process information.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know where would be a better place to chat about this... but let's talk about the Mavs. Looks like the were pushing towards their shot at the play-in, then pivoted and went full tank to close the season and try to protect that Top-10 protected pick (which they could still lose if they get jumped in the lotto, lol let's ing hope so just for the laughs).

You've gotta think Kyrie bolts after this. This should be the kind of thing that costs Kidd his job. Cuban, like other GMs in Dallas, is lucky he is also the owner or he'd be fired too. You've got to think their actual GM, Nico Harrison, is getting fired.

How long before Luka asks out of this franchise? Let's say the Mavs were willing to listen, what package would you offer for Luka assuming we do NOT have the #1 pick?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't know where would be a better place to chat about this... but let's talk about the Mavs. Looks like the were pushing towards their shot at the play-in, then pivoted and went full tank to close the season and try to protect that Top-10 protected pick (which they could still lose if they get jumped in the lotto, lol let's ing hope so just for the laughs).

You've gotta think Kyrie bolts after this. This should be the kind of thing that costs Kidd his job. Cuban, like other GMs in Dallas, is lucky he is also the owner or he'd be fired too. You've got to think their actual GM, Nico Harrison, is getting fired.

How long before Luka asks out of this franchise? Let's say the Mavs were willing to listen, what package would you offer for Luka assuming we do NOT have the #1 pick?
    I think Irving is going to have to settle and stay in Dallas if he wants to get paid. Most of the teams with capspace are either in full rebuild and years away from playoff runs and thus wouldn't have interest or already have high end PG or high end PG prospects like Indiana, OKC, Charlotte, and Detroit. Lakers aren't going to gut their team for Irving. Not the same situation as it was when they were negotiating with Brooklyn to get him for the corpse of Westbrook's career and a pick or two. Only team with capspace I could even see making an offer to Irving is Orlando if they feel they might have the chance to make a run next year, but Dallas can pretty easily outspend them. I think Irving will force his way out eventually but I have my doubts he's going to find the grass any greener than in Dallas this offseason. Don't think he's going to have much choice with all the bridges he has burned unless he wants to take a major paycut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Kyrie seems like the kind of guy who will take less money for the situation he feels best suits him. I'm not sure North Texas is the kind of place he'll feel at home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every ATL pick + Spurs pick this year that’s not Wemby. Absorb Luka pretty much entirely and let Dallas have completely clean cap and 4 firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie in Brooklyn showed that he's an absolute expert at taking huge amounts of money from his team without actually playing. He may be the greatest of all time.

I expect he'll stay in Dallas both because he'll get a lot of national attention and because he can sit out and do whatever weird he wants without having to play.

Thread Information