Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're 2 months removed from 2024
    Why the would a re-elected D in a deeply red state vanish? What an absurd take.

Dude has a national profile now. He can almost call his ticket. Probably being looked at by the Dems for lots of potential tickets in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gibson is up and most of the votes left are mail ballots that are going to be heavily Dem

Glenn Youngkin is now a lameduck and his presidential aspirations are done.
    The field of potential POTUS candidates in 2028 for the GOP is going to be the sorriest group of politicians you've ever seen. If there are 12 of them, they might add up to 150 IQ points total. I'd buy tickets today for that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump absolutely 100% is a social moderate and center right on economics, but still on the populist side. He's only far-right on the "other" political issues like immigration, election integrity, originalism, limited government/deep state control, etc.
    You're also extremely kind to think he has the capacity to have any ideology at all. He's all about himself. Whatever keeps him in control and power is what he stands for, whatever that might look like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gibson is up and most of the votes left are mail ballots that are going to be heavily Dem

He only won his seat because he rode the wave of the critical race theory nonsense stuff but nobody cares about that anymore since it was a made up problem to begin with. He was never going to be relevant nationally imho

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    it's official

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He only won his seat because he rode the wave of the critical race theory nonsense stuff but nobody cares about that anymore since it was a made up problem to begin with. He was never going to be relevant nationally imho
    He only won because McAuliffe is a useless alcoholic fatass and because late 2021 was when Dems didn't get the memo that people were done with mask mandates and COVID restrictions imo

Honestly if he was as good of a candidate as people make him out to be he woulda won by 5% given the environment.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Honestly Dems winning the suburban state senate districts they needed wasn't surprising, but getting the black turnout they needed in Hampton Roads and the rural blackbelt to flip the VA State Assembly isn't something I saw coming at all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He only won because McAuliffe is a useless alcoholic fatass and because late 2021 was when Dems didn't get the memo that people were done with mask mandates and COVID restrictions imo

Honestly if he was as good of a candidate as people make him out to be he woulda won by 5% given the environment.
    Had the Clinton stench as well.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Had the Clinton stench as well.
    Yep, his ties to the Clintons made him even more unlikable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly Dems winning the suburban state senate districts they needed wasn't surprising, but getting the black turnout they needed in Hampton Roads and the rural blackbelt to flip the VA State Assembly isn't something I saw coming at all.
    Black women saving the day, per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

McAuliffe sucked, yes, but doesn’t negate what i said. We were talking about youngkins National appeal, not his Virginia compe ion. Youngkin rode CRT and that issue doesn’t matter anymore (shouldn’t have to begin with)

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, the GOP was clearly the party of momentum from the botched Afghanistan withdrawal timeframe all the way up until the day SCOTUS overturned Roe v Wade. Basically, from July 2021 to June 2022, the GOP had a golden opportunity to be the party of consistent victory. Biden's approval rating was -25% on RCP and gas prices were over $5/gallon nationally.

That was the GOP's golden opportunity to pounce and win elections, but what do they do? Just like Dak Prescott, shoot themselves in the foot. Overturning Roe was honestly worse electorally speaking than undoing Medicare and Social Security.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the would a re-elected D in a deeply red state vanish? What an absurd take.

Dude has a national profile now. He can almost call his ticket. Probably being looked at by the Dems for lots of potential tickets in the future.
    Honestly I highly doubt it, if you're implying that Beshear has some big time national viability outside of Kentucky. I don't think he would even come within 10% if he were to run for Mitch McConnell's open Senate seat in 2026. Federal elections are much different.

An opposite party governor running for senate as a challenger is only practical for moving the needle when the state is actually purple, like Rick Scott running in Florida in 2018, or potentially Kemp running against Ossoff in 2026.

Andy Beshear...? He's just Laura Kelly east. Not much else to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly, 14% is nowhere near "tilt". And it's currently 15.5% so that's pretty much spot on for now. Don't think the late vote is necessarily GOP-heavy or election day only vote, either. It's just a populist state doing populist things.

I had Tilt for Beshear and it looks like it's going to be Lean... big deal. At least I never picked Cameron. I had Beshear winning by likely to safe margin before the last two polls favoring Cameron came out.

Ohio abortion was your 14+.

It has nothing to do with Beshear beating Cameron; two different topics.

Beshear was not a tilt (1-2%), it was a schlong in a red state (by 5% per CNN).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Gained 900 votes now that the mail are counted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overturning Roe was honestly worse electorally speaking than undoing Medicare and Social Security.
    and will be

Last edited by Winehole23; 11-07-2023 at 11:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another notch for Dems in PA. Daniel McCaffery won his bid for a Supreme Court seat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

McAuliffe screwed himself, no doubt, but the made up CRT issue was just enough to get the young, white, scared mom vote and tilt the race in Younkin's favor.

This election, abortion was real enough and motivated voters enough to change control of the House and keep Senate.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    it’s officially Joever for Youngkin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, third rail issue.

The GOP would have been better off telling SCOTUS to abolish Social Security and Medicare instead.

Like Dak Prescott with first and goal from the 5 with no timeouts but 27 seconds left, needing a touchdown to win the game, field goal does you no good, and making the mind-numbingly stupid decision to audible out of a pass play when the pass has been the only thing working the whole game, and instead calling QB Power up the middle... with no timeouts left....... ummmmmm...........

Being a fan of the Cowboys and the GOP is insufferably miserable.

I still think Youngkin and Zeldin are the front runners for 2028 GOP.

I mean who else is it going to be .... Desantis? He's shot himself in the foot one too many times and he has terrible communication skills and is completely unpresentable, unlike Youngkin.

Side question Will Hunting , do you think the NC GOP and Trump re-consider not running Mark Robinson for Governor of NC, considering how bad Cameron did tonight in KY? I mean, you're not going up against an in bent, but still..... there's a lot of parallels to be drawn.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

All the dumbass parents rights idiots that voted him in thinking he gave a about their kids

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

wow, that was fast

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I still think Youngkin and Zeldin are the front runners for 2028 GOP.

I mean who else is it going to be .... Desantis? He's shot himself in the foot one too many times and he has terrible communication skills and is completely unpresentable, unlike Youngkin.
    2028 is 5 years away, the frontrunner is probably someone you or I haven't heard of (or at least thought of) yet.

Katie Britt is someone who'd be very formidable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDHQ called MS for Tater too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information