Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have info on his bone and muscle development? Any history of injuries or unusual physical development? I'd hate to get the pick and then find his body and bones are too fragile to take the wear and tear of an NBA season and career.
    You’ve got to understand that people high on Wemba will give you the most optimal outlook on this and the people who are low will give you the most dire scenarios. No in-between.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    14.5%

Ya that is the point of this thread.

Why did you post all the goofy numbers?
    Because I feel like it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this a thread?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone have info on his bone and muscle development? Any history of injuries or unusual physical development? I'd hate to get the pick and then find his body and bones are too fragile to take the wear and tear of an NBA season and career.
    Honestly you gotta expect any top 5 pick to still be a bit of a crapshoot anyways. Lotta top 5 busts like James Wiseman, Patrick Williams, Marvin Bagley, Markelle Fultz, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Hunter, Dragan Bender, Kris Dunn, Mario Henzonja, Jahlil Okafor, Dante Exum, Anthony Bennett, Alex Len, Michael Kidd-Glichrist, Dion Waiters, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, etc. JFC what a lot of terrible players picked top 5. Personally I'm taking the chance on Wembanyama unless he can't pass a physical because there is no such thing as a safe pick anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly you gotta expect any top 5 pick to still be a bit of a crapshoot anyways. Lotta top 5 busts like James Wiseman, Patrick Williams, Marvin Bagley, Markelle Fultz, Josh Jackson, DeAndre Hunter, Dragan Bender, Kris Dunn, Mario Henzonja, Jahlil Okafor, Dante Exum, Anthony Bennett, Alex Len, Michael Kidd-Glichrist, Dion Waiters, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams, Wesley Johnson, etc. JFC what a lot of terrible players picked top 5. Personally I'm taking the chance on Wembanyama unless he can't pass a physical because there is no such thing as a safe pick anyways.
    Nice post, I didn't look back to see what you are showing here but it's pretty sobering. Kind of makes one not feel as bad about Luka Sandwich being a bust never mind Josh "Look at this" Primo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn what a list. Who was the kid DET picked second in 2003? That one takes the cake still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn what a list. Who was the kid DET picked second in 2003? That one takes the cake still
    Darko Milicic. Yeah they passed on Carmelo who was kind of empty stats anyways but no one was taking Wade #2 back then so I won't hold not drafting him against them. Passing on Bosh was definitely a huge mistake as he was definitely considered one of the guys who could go #2 or #3 that year though. Still, I gotta take Anthony Bennett for #1 on my all time bust list.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice post, I didn't look back to see what you are showing here but it's pretty sobering. Kind of makes one not feel as bad about Luka Sandwich being a bust never mind Josh "Look at this" Primo.
    The really sobering part is that supposedly RC loved Josh Jackson. And then Derrick Favors too, who while he wasn't a bust like Jackson, still never came anywhere close to his franchise player hype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The really sobering part is that supposedly RC loved Josh Jackson. And then Derrick Favors too, who while he wasn't a bust like Jackson, still never came anywhere close to his franchise player hype.
    Both of them could have been different in the Spurs system. Wasn’t Jackson the one who got arrested for an incident involving not being allowed into a VIP section?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both of them could have been different in the Spurs system. Wasn’t Jackson the one who got arrested for an incident involving not being allowed into a VIP section?
    True. I always wonder if the Spurs drafted MKG and the Bobcats Leonard if their fates would have switched since MKG was viewed similarly as a high motor guy with a similarly broken jumpshot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because I feel like it?
    You sure showed me.

I was directing it to exstatic and his christmass tree of numbers.

Your 14.5% i actually thought at the time was accurate so was quoting it at the top like OP asked.

SpursTalk

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And that doesn't include some of the busts that the Spurs chose as their first pick over the years. I remember a stat that has stayed in my mind over the years that I got from somewhere which said: 80% of the players picked in the first round out of the lottery are not playing in the league after 3 years. Rookie contracts are at best a crapshoot no matter how good the scouting and their college stats might show otherwise. All of them were pretty good players but just couldn't competer for the limited number of jobs available on 30 rosters.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure showed me.

Your 14.5% i actually thought at the time was accurate so was quoting it at the top like OP asked.

SpursTalk
    Yea...it's 14%... I added the half a point for luck...just feel like we're due...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sure showed me.

SpursTalk
    Inverted Christmas tree…

Thread Information