• Future Elite Role Player

28 49.12%
  • Future Star

29 50.88%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it isn’t great athleticism at all when you’re a 6’8” player who can keep up with guards and hold your own against bigs.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems like a very good athlete to me. Or are we only talking about vertical leaping? I mean, he’s finishing alley oops, blocking Gobert at the rim, moving fluidly…seems good to me.

Elite role player seems more likely.

Lots of comps thrown around, but my thought is will he be better than Scottie Barnes? A lot of similarities, generally speaking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For now I will reserve the Superstar category because of his limited scoring ability. But Jason Kidd was a terrible shooter as well, but was able to improve on that. And like Jason Kidd, Sochan is a high bball IQ player, able to read plays developing and reacting defensively on time. For now, I will say Bobo-type Elite role player if he continuous to work as a facilitator. Bobo was an integral part of the Beautiful Game, of which maybe none would've happened if Boris was not here. His ability to see the whole court, the extra passes, the range. It’s still a lot of work for Sochan to replicate the beloved ex-Spur, but I don’t doubt he could as he embraces challenges.

Note, people should stop the Rodman comparison. Sochan might have the same hairstyle, and could get into people's skin with his defense, but Rodman was a rebounding machine, which I don’t see Sochan is. Feisty defender he is.
    Last edited by John B; 11-17-2022 at 11:05 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most players think the way you do, which is why it’s difficult to turn a scorer into a top flight defender. Those three players you listed were all good defenders already, and just needed some polishing.
    I love defense as much as the next guy. But if I'm going to pick a player, whether in draft or at the park, I'd pick the baller first before defense. Grizzlies made the big mistake on Thabeet. Where is he now? I understand with Sochan because he was a pick-of-need. We already had DJM (at that time), Keldon, Vassell, but missing a big defensive hole at 4, plus Sochan's other intangibles. I don't know of any team, for what we know now, who would pass on Curry for Gobert. But maybe they do that in the NFL?
    Last edited by John B; 11-17-2022 at 11:55 AM.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The challenge with the direct Bobo comp is that Bobo started as a point guard and through indulgences in fine cuisine his BMI expanded and he changed positions. Sochan will still have to learn to be a point guard, whereas Bobo learned to be a power forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way to early and our team is way to crap to see it come together. He isn't a great athlete, so he has more work to do to become that elite role player.
    Kawhi’s max vert was 28”. You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a great player. This far into his rookie season, Kawhi looked like a slightly better version of Bowen, and he was coming off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he ever learns to hit open 3’s, he’s gonna be a real problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The tools are there for elite role player, but his shooting and health will ultimately decide if he becomes a legit star. I like what I see so far. In the short term I’d like him to focus on grabbing boards better. He can rebuild his shot in the off-season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love defense as much as the next guy. But if I'm going to pick a player, whether in draft or at the park, I'd pick the baller first before defense. Grizzlies made the big mistake on Thabeet. Where is he now? I understand with Sochan because he was a pick-of-need. We already had DJM (at that time), Keldon, Vassell, but missing a big defensive hole at 4, plus Sochan's other intangibles. I don't know of any team, for what we know now, who would pass on Curry for Gobert. But maybe they do that in the NFL?
    Thabeet flunked because he was bad all around. As for Sochan, we didn't pass on any offensive wizard to get him, in any case he was a pick-of-need over other not better picks-of-not-need. Good enough for me.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early to tell. People comparing him to Draymond are out of their minds. Dray can legitimately guard positions 1-5 at an elite level. Sochan is a pretty good perimeter defender, but needs a lot of work in all other aspects of defense.

On offense, he’s still pretty bad. But, he’sa 19 year old rookie, so that’s to be expected. Hopefully he turns out to be really good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing from watching our last draft picks growth is big jump from rookie to there third year ie; Keldon, Vassell. So far he is playing pretty good if he follows the above players growth he definitely has the possibility of being special. One thing that stood out with all three picks is that they all 3 have a high work ethic and genuine Love for the Game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thabeet flunked because he was bad all around. As for Sochan, we didn't pass on any offensive wizard to get him, in any case he was a pick-of-need over other not better picks-of-not-need. Good enough for me.
    I totally get Sochan’s pick. That was a reply on a reply from “will pick 1st overall…It’s way easier to turn an elite defender into a star on offense than the other way around.” I said I’d pick a baller for overall pick especially if there’s a player who has more complete game. Kawhi was not expected to develop a ridiculous offensive game. You just don’t make that big gamble on a #1 overall pick, that’s all.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah can’t even hate last draft easily a “A” we finally got a true PF that has definite upside will see if he lives up to his potential but very happy with pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah can’t even hate last draft easily a “A” we finally got a true PF that has definite upside will see if he lives up to his potential but very happy with pick
    Bruh PF/PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is already a decent role player for the team, and only after like 15 games. Give him time. I see he improving even more as the season extends into next year. Props to the front office for drafting him.
    Surely he'll be at least 2nd team all rookie team if not first team. Who know how good he'll be after a year of experience.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi’s max vert was 28”. You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a great player. This far into his rookie season, Kawhi looked like a slightly better version of Bowen, and he was coming off the bench.
    Leonard first games he had a dependable jumper. He also played a key role for a le contending team. He was a plus rebounder for his position from the get go. Sochan is such a different player. He reminds me of a stronger and faster Kyle Anderson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elite Role Player. He won't be a star and he could even the next "Triple Single" (but great advanced stats) guy but he'll be good complimentary player in a contending team (hopefully it'll be the Spurs).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeremy and Jakob developing some good PnR action. Once Sochan gets better hitting mismatches there he's going to be trouble.

Thread Information