Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see teams that are tanking signing Gorgui Dieng, just saying
    He's only been on a winning team twice in his whole career...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"Dieng screwing up the tank"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid move. If he plays well we can trade for him for something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really can't just throw rookies and young players out there by themselves. Development isn't magic. You can really damage a player if they get frustrated and don't learn how to progress beyond first and second hurdles. Whether or not Poeltl is moved, getting Dieng as a backup is a solid move. He slots behind Poeltl/Collins, can eat up minutes capably, and especially he is the same fit as Collins -- he stretches the floor, a good dynamic for the young guards and for Sochan both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With your logic, we should just sign a bunch of veterans guys because they won’t impact the tank. Dieng will end up playing minutes that a guy like Sochan should be getting. If we trade Jakob fine makes sense but we don’t need another veteran to this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With your logic, we should just sign a bunch of veterans guys because they won’t impact the tank. Dieng will end up playing minutes that a guy like Sochan should be getting. If we trade Jakob fine makes sense but we don’t need another veteran to this team.
    My logic? you're the one who said this wasnt a tanking move. All i said was that it wasnt indicative of anything because he's a non-factor either way.

And sure, if we sign a bunch of marginal vets that arent impact players it wont impact the tank at all. not sure what your point is tbh. Also Sochan is a PF and Dieng is a C, he won't be taking minutes from him

I'll bump this thread whenever Poeltl inevitably gets traded

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Mr. Body said, you need to have SOME vets on the roster as a positive influence on the young guys. i dont think Dieng signing was anything more than that

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, I forgot who this player was. But I like him and sort of wish he had never left. Not an incredible player, but he can make three-pointers, and he seems competent and not a moron, basically. I don’t see this affecting us in the way of winning a lot more games or anything like that, but yeah he is a good veteran presence, and I’m not sure how this affects Yak getting traded or not, but I don’t think it lessens the chance. And I hope they do trade Yak and give Sochan more time to develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great pickup and deal especially if Poeltl gets shipped out. Just ignore anyone who doesn’t like this signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My logic? you're the one who said this wasnt a tanking move. All i said was that it wasnt indicative of anything because he's a non-factor either way.

And sure, if we sign a bunch of marginal vets that arent impact players it wont impact the tank at all. not sure what your point is tbh. Also Sochan is a PF and Dieng is a C, he won't be taking minutes from him

I'll bump this thread whenever Poeltl inevitably gets traded
    And I’ll bump this when where in the play-in Tournament again lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're probably right

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’ll probably end up in the play in but I don’t think it will be because of Dieng having a breakout season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't know what people are going on about here.

This trade doesn't really raise our floor and definitely doesn't raise our ceiling. Dieng probably won't even play that much barring injury from one of the other three bigs on the roster, and even that would lead to more lost games.

And as mentioned, super friendly team deal that could easily be moved if some other team is looking for a big at the trade deadline.

We are already going to running one of the youngest lineups in the NBA already, it doesn't hurt to have a good vet in the locker room and glue guy. We can't just go all in on 19-20 year olds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a won't move the needle type of move. Man I just can't stop yawning from all of these moves !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a won't move the needle type of move. Man I just can't stop yawning from all of these moves !
    Those are what we need sir!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $2.9M, is that the veteran minimum? Last's years vet min for 10+ years was $2.64M. What with the cap rise, I am guessing that $2.9M is the vet min, so this deal can be finalized any time and won't impact available cap space.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me you you're tanking without telling me your tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob will be traded. It may not be this summer, perhaps close to, or at the deadline, but they WILL NOT let him walk for nothing.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob will be traded. It may not be this summer, perhaps close to, or at the deadline, but they WILL NOT let him walk for nothing.
    Yeah, I think PATFO is just waiting to see what happens with Ayton, KD and whoever else is out there that's on the block.
    Most contenders would love to have Jakob, but he's not the priority.
    Worst case scenario, we can get a first rounder for him at the deadline.
    I really don't see him signing a new deal here, makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me you you're tanking without telling me your tanking.
    Spurs have signed Bryn Forbes to a $32M/2 year deal.

(Yes, I know Forbes thankfully already got signed by Minny)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice addition to the locker room. Seems to be a nice dude, but I highly doubt he'll impact our record at all. Last time he was here he played 11.3 minutes/game in 16 games. When he went to the Hawks he got even less playing time. 44 games, 8.4 minutes per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we over our roster limit of 15 with this signing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we over our roster limit of 15 with this signing?
    With this summer’s transactions we are at 19.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice addition to the locker room. Seems to be a nice dude, but I highly doubt he'll impact our record at all. Last time he was here he played 11.3 minutes/game in 16 games. When he went to the Hawks he got even less playing time. 44 games, 8.4 minutes per game.
    THANK YOU...this guy purely bench warmer at this point...lol Degoat thinking he was important to Hawks...if spurs get into play in it won't be because of him it'll be the hard work n compe iveness of young guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Filling out the depth chart for a cheap veteran is all this is. Don't read anything else into it.

Thread Information