Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the game is on both side off the court, i prefer a defensive center piece who can score( and has a good offensive upside) than the contrary.
    I prefer an offensive center piece who can play defense especially with that 9th pick.

Offensive center pieces go at a higher premium. You can find defense later with the less costly picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I prefer an offensive center piece who can play defense especially with that 9th pick.

Offensive center pieces go at a higher premium. You can find defense later with the less costly picks.
    and i'm ok with that, i prefer to have a big defender with offensive upside ( real offensive upside ). I think Davis, Daniels and Sochan are in this category in different ways.

More than that i don't see an offensive center piece available at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bet is that Mathurin goes pretty high. Could be Top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bet is that Mathurin goes pretty high. Could be Top 5.
    Between him and a couple others, thats gonna shove guys like Murray and other good guys down. Which is fine. Complete crap shoot right now outside the top 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_ le

Givony @ 23: 49: "You know, I've heard the name Ben Mathurin being thrown around a lot their (Pelicans @ 8)."

Typical. Their targets will predictably go right in front of them, they'll balk at the cost to move up and reach on some project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True but Davis is better on D , by far for the moment. Mathurin has the tools to be better on D.
    Neither one projects to be more than a neutral NBA defender.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Givony @ 23: 49: "You know, I've heard the name Ben Mathurin being thrown around a lot their (Pelicans @ 8)."

Typical. Their targets will predictably go right in front of them, they'll balk at the cost to move up and reach on some project.
    I知 not sweatin it. Mathurin, Griffin, and Davis all seems fungible to me in that range. It値l really come to who has the right stuff between the ears if they go with a guard like that. I知 actually coming back around to Griffin at 9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin and Daniels make sense for NOP. I can see Duren as a possibility, but Daniels might make the most sense to play next to McCollum.

The top 10 could get weird/unexpected. I don't know if the Spurs would take Mathurin over Davis, anyway. Dude already has a Taco Bell commercial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    james anderson redemption pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and this forum will be semen shielding that prospect when they're still ass at the end of their 2nd year. "he was always meant to be a 4 year project!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If AJ Griffin goes in the top 8, then the Spurs will likely see Mathurin, Keegan, or Daniels drop to them. But I don't think the 4-8 picks are certain whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If AJ Griffin goes in the top 8, then the Spurs will likely see Mathurin, Keegan, or Daniels drop to them. But I don't think the 4-8 picks are certain whatsoever.
    Maybe even number 3 is in flux... Going to be a bonkers draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be shocked if AJ Griffin goes top-7. I really would. Would be great for us though obviously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Houston takes Ivey...I hope we can get a deal in place with Sacramento....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Think this is pretty transparent actually, that Houston wants one of the teams behind them that think Ivey is therir guy to trade up. Everyone and their mother knows Houston will be drafting Banchero if he's on the board, over Ivey.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I知 not sweatin it. Mathurin, Griffin, and Davis all seems fungible to me in that range. It値l really come to who has the right stuff between the ears if they go with a guard like that. I知 actually coming back around to Griffin at 9.
    Mathurin is by far the best fit (athletic, good shooter, positional size, no worrisome injury history) and Griffin is a combo forward. If not for his injury history, he'd probably be the most likely option.

The order isn't, but the players probably are (Ivey, Murray, Mathurin, Daniels, Sharpe). At this point, I'm expecting the Spurs to reach on Dieng, Sochan or Jalen Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Houston takes Ivey...I hope we can get a deal in place with Sacramento....
    I'm not sure what it would take in all honesty. Spurs always seem reticent to deal with WC rivals, Sacramento is committed to winning now (a relative term for the franchise )...

I guess if they felt KJ was going to price himself out of their comfort levels, maybe...

SA - KJ + Langford (Filler) + 9 + 20 for
    SAC
    - 4 + Mo Harkless

Would that be enough? May get a conversation started...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want Jaden Ivey. Where do you guys see him going now? I can't get a read on it as a week or two ago it was said he might go as low as 4th, but also could go higher. I assume people here want Banchero, and if he's still there at number 4, to try hard to trade for Sacramento's pick.

This is a crazy draft. I don't know where anyone will end up. It seems to be in flux all the time.
    Last edited by Ice009; 06-02-2022 at 03:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is just playing the Boston game, trying to get Sacto to geek, and give up assets to move up and draft Ivey. If I’m Sacto, and they pick Ivey, I send them a thank you card, and draft which ever PF drops to me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is just playing the Boston game, trying to get Sacto to geek, and give up assets to move up and draft Ivey. If I知 Sacto, and they pick Ivey, I send them a thank you card, and draft which ever PF drops to me.
    Ahh right, that's actually pretty smart. Still get who they want, but also try and get an asset from Sacto. It'd really annoy me if Sac get Ivey, though, as I preferred Haliburton (having said that, I still have high hopes for DV as I really like his game, just preferred Tyrese's a little bit more) and they'd get another player I wanted for the second time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure what it would take in all honesty. Spurs always seem reticent to deal with WC rivals, Sacramento is committed to winning now (a relative term for the franchise )...

I guess if they felt KJ was going to price himself out of their comfort levels, maybe...

SA - KJ + Langford (Filler) + 9 + 20 for
    SAC
    - 4 + Mo Harkless

Would that be enough? May get a conversation started...
    It's Sacramento...they do strange things...I'd probably start the conversation with less to see where they are...but I'd definitely give that for 4 in this scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston ain’t passing on Banchero at 3. Not a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ahh right, that's actually pretty smart. Still get who they want, but also try and get an asset from Sacto. It'd really annoy me if Sac get Ivey, though, as I preferred Haliburton (having said that, I still have high hopes for DV as I really like his game, just preferred Tyrese's a little bit more) and they'd get another player I wanted for the second time.
    Man, there’s a lot of Ivey love for a player with serious bust possibilities. Little guards HAVE to be knockdown 3 point shooters to hit the path to s om. He isn’t, and isn’t even a really good FT shooter, a sometimes indicator of improved shooting down the road. Like a lot of NCAA players, he leans on his athleticism, something that he will be less able to do in the NBA. I’d rather pay for a finished product in Sexton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The hope with Mathurin is that he was just loafing on defense to save his energy for the offensive end. He had a low foul rate, which could be a point in favor of the latter scenario."

A loafer on defense who is primarily interested in his scoring stats is not someone I want on the team. Ever. We've seen that it doesn't work except for putting in bench players when we need some outside shooting to get back into a game. Do you use a #9 on another traffic cone on defense?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The hope with Mathurin is that he was just loafing on defense to save his energy for the offensive end. He had a low foul rate, which could be a point in favor of the latter scenario."

A loafer on defense who is primarily interested in his scoring stats is not someone I want on the team. Ever. We've seen that it doesn't work except for putting in bench players when we need some outside shooting to get back into a game. Do you use a #9 on another traffic cone on defense?
    What I don't want is a player who can't shoot and is limited offensively. Mathurin is a top ten pick for a reason, he's no traffic cone.

The spurs would be lucky to have a shot at him at 9.

You can find other players with lower draft picks who are primarily defensive orientated.

The Spurs have no go to player who can hit the big shot in a big spot.

Thread Information