View Poll Results: Who is your most favorite prospect?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarr

18 12.77%
  • Risacher

43 30.50%
  • Sheppard

26 18.44%
  • Topic

1 0.71%
  • Buzelis

6 4.26%
  • Castle

33 23.40%
  • Knecht

3 2.13%
  • Holland

3 2.13%
  • Dillingham

7 4.96%
  • Cody Williams

1 0.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarr

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle then risacher then sheppard (i don't count sarr)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got Risacher at #1, Castle #2

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last call for votes before I make the next thread.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Tossup between Castle and Risacher...gun to my head, probably Castle

Ford is the Best in Texas scottspurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I’m surprised so many people have Risacher number 1 overall. I don’t dislike him but I’m still looking for the highest upside players if I’m the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow I’m surprised so many people have Risacher number 1 overall. I don’t dislike him but I’m still looking for the highest upside players if I’m the Spurs
    I didn't vote for him, but I get it. We started Julian Champagnie at the 3 last year. Every prospect playing that position has questionable shooting or defense, except for him. If he's locked into a "3&D" floor, that's still pretty useful for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't either. Guessing it's just people who have seen amateur mocks and think he's a better player than he is.

If the team goes for Risacher and misses Castle that'll be a big mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't vote for him, but I get it. We started Julian Champagnie at the 3 last year. Every prospect playing that position has questionable shooting or defense, except for him. If he's locked into a "3&D" floor, that's still pretty useful for this team.

Potentially useful is not what you want from a high lottery pick. I still don't see what Risacher does much better than Julian to warrant the #4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't either. Guessing it's just people who have seen amateur mocks and think he's a better player than he is.

I voted for Castle, but Risacher would be my second choice.

He's the only player in this draft with three most important skills in today's game.
    Size, shooting and defense.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher's self creation isn't strong and I don't want the Spurs to burn a top draft pick for a sf with poor self creation. Spurs need the 2 and 3 to be strong self creators on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted for Castle, but Risacher would be my second choice.

He's the only player in this draft with three most important skills in today's game.
    Size, shooting and defense.
    Size. What does he use this for? Getting shots off, otherwise not much? Wingspan is just okay, not a rebounder.

Defense. His advanced numbers are actually poor, but eye test he's pretty good. Far from a stopper or much different than a Cody Williams, imm, a positional defender rather than a plus defender.

Shooting. Not sure I believe in this. I can easily see it not translating, in which case what do you even have here? If he is a good shooter at the next level, we're not looking at a Klay Thompson, we're not looking at a volume scorer.

Just dunno. I'd be fine taking him at 8, but probably not over a guy like Carter. I would only be okay taking him at 4 if we get a better player at 8. Really think Risacher is around 8-10 in this draft.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yes

I would take Castle at 4 over Risacher. Spurs will find a better SF in the 25 draft which is stacked with SF.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Size. What does he use this for? Getting shots off, otherwise not much?
    Defense? He's not a big wing, but he's the only wing with defensive upside and a reliable shot.

Defense. His advanced numbers are actually poor, but eye test he's pretty good. Far from a stopper or much different than a Cody Williams, imm, a positional defender rather than a plus defender.
    Eye test is way more important for defense, imo. And he was a teenager defending pros in a serious league.
    He can develop into a very good defender.

Shooting. Not sure I believe in this. I can easily see it not translating, in which case what do you even have here? If he is a good shooter at the next level, we're not looking at a Klay Thompson, we're not looking at a volume scorer.
    This is just whataboutism.
    His shot not translating is a valid concern, but if you're concerned about his shot not translating, then you can't be positive about Castle ever developing a shot. Either or.
    His 35% from deep doesn't look amazing, but 45% of his shots were from 3pt. As I said in Salaun topic, that's whay different from someone being left wide open, dared to shoot and still barely shooting 30%.

He most likely won't develop into an elite 3pt shooter, but chances of him becoming an elite shooter are certainly bigger than Castle/Holland becoming solid shooters.
    Every single player in this draft has huge question marks. It's up to PATFO to decide who can develop the best. That's what they're paid for. We're just fans making projections based off very limited data.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Potentially useful is not what you want from a high lottery pick. I still don't see what Risacher does much better than Julian to warrant the #4.
    I didn't say POTENTIALLY useful. His skill set IS useful as a base to build from. Every other wing in this range requires projection to get to his baseline. And, don't forget this kid is also still just 19. It's not like he doesn't have a pathway or timeline to project beyond role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle isn't exciting for me at 4 at all. Another guy who will pass up open 3's, everyone will sag off of him and that will be good enough to shut him down if he has the ball, they'll learn in 2 or 3 possessions that he's looking to cut off ball and that will be that ... no thanks.

Risacher all day. At least he can burn you from 3 and play defense and is French. Wemby running with another Frenchman has value points.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby running with another Frenchman has value points.
    No it doesn't.

Draft the best players regardless where they are from.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, folks are completely writing off Sheppard as a potential all-star and it's funny, tbh. There's a scenario there where Sheppard becomes the best shooter in the entire league, develops on what he already showed as a playmaker and provides a high number of steals and blocks. 20/7/2/1 on 50/40/90 shooting splits isn't a pipe dream for this kid.
    Don't think people are writing off Shepperd. I just don't think there is a realistic way for the Spurs to get in front of Houston to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it doesn't.

Draft the best players regardless where they are from.
    In the locker room, it does - two young men from the same country in a far away place striking up a friendship is almost a cliche. You're tactless but even you should know that.

Now, I agree that we should draft the BPA, regardless of country of origin. Part of being the BPA is potential for high chemistry on and off the court with our young French superstar.

It's like saying the Robinson/Rodman relationship in the locker room shouldn't matter. In a vacuum, sure. In real life, we all know what actually happened.

Thread Information