Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pop coaching tree is spectacular. Certainly the greatest of this generation. One could say that about the Bill Walsh coaching tree back in 80s football. Pop does not choose fools to coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pop coaching tree is spectacular. Certainly the greatest of this generation. One could say that about the Bill Walsh coaching tree back in 80s football. Pop does not choose fools to coach.
    budenholzer and udoka

who am i missing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    budenholzer and udoka

who am i missing?
    Brett Brown, Mike Brown, Steve Kerr, Avery Johnson, James Borrego, Jacques Vaughn, Will Hardy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett Brown, Mike Brown, Steve Kerr, Avery Johnson, James Borrego, Jacques Vaughn, Will Hardy.
    i meant good coaches, since i was responding to a post calling his coaching tree great, not just having a lot of names... so im excluding brett brown, mike brown, james borrego, jacques vaughn, and will hardy

kerr and johnson never were on his coaching staff

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Synder?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jenkins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did he ever coach under pop? he coached the tauros, but was never on pops staff as far as i can tell

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terrific. Go find a political forum as you are just as irrational, political and polarizing as most other politically motivated idiots on the Spurs basketball forum.
    Go yourself. I wouldn’t have said anything if it wasn’t for the pieces of like you mouthing off with your typical intolerance and bigotry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i meant good coaches, since i was responding to a post calling his coaching tree great, not just having a lot of names... so im excluding brett brown, mike brown, james borrego, jacques vaughn, and will hardy

kerr and johnson never were on his coaching staff
    Name an NBA coach with a greater coaching legacy or league-wide influence. Former Spurs’ players, coaches and FO personnel pepper this entire league. Pop’s influence on the league is unmistakable, but you’re welcome to attempt to dismiss it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name an NBA coach with a greater coaching legacy or league-wide influence. Former Spurs’ players, coaches and FO personnel pepper this entire league. Pop’s influence on the league is unmistakable, but you’re welcome to attempt to dismiss it.
    Changing the subject. I’m a big fan of pop. I just don’t think his “coaching tree” is anything to write home about. It’s bud and Udoka who can be seen as successes and Udoka coached one season on an already stacked team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changing the subject. I’m a big fan of pop. I just don’t think his “coaching tree” is anything to write home about. It’s bud and Udoka who can be seen as successes and Udoka coached one season on an already stacked team
    Name a better one. Name ANY other coaching tree, at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name a better one. Name ANY other coaching tree, at all.
    So a tree with one coach who has been successful for more than a year? lol shouldn’t be tough

Pat Riley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a tree with one coach who has been successful for more than a year? lol shouldn’t be tough

Pat Riley
    Below even a Pop only tree. Please at least try. I understand that you’ve taken an untenable position, but try.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Below even a Pop only tree. Please at least try. I understand that you’ve taken an untenable position, but try.
    Pop only tree has 1 head coach with success longer than 1 season. Riley only tree has that with Spoelstra

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeff Van Gundy tree includes Thibs, Mike Malone

van gundy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new Becky

Thought this was Sprinkles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/...xylmbg7 ej2u

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2010/6...coaching-trees (back in 2010, can't find an updated article)

I'd say Pop's tree is better quality and more extensive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Including Kerr as part of pops tree is incredibly gratuitous at best, but outright laughable imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Including Kerr as part of pops tree is incredibly gratuitous at best, but outright laughable imo
    He himself says he coaches along the lines of his knowledge from both Pop and Phil so a branch from two trees.
    Not laughable, but you go shock jock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your opinion. He did coach with Pop for the USMNT for the Tokyo Olympics.

The only coach I’ve outright rejected that has been said to be tree of pop was Doc Rivers, because he neither played for, or coached under Pop. He was a Spurs player for two years under Bob Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your opinion. He did coach with Pop for the USMNT for the Tokyo Olympics.

The only coach I’ve outright rejected that has been said to be tree of pop was Doc Rivers, because he neither played for, or coached under Pop. He was a Spurs player for two years under Bob Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure why that’s the case. Kerr himself admitted to regularly reaching out to pop for advice (and kfc), he won two les under pop, he was pops assistant in the Olympics, even his son works in the spurs film room. It’s pretty natural to include him as part of pops coaching tree, which is why he is included in all the articles that I’ve read discussing pops coaching tree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Kerr was a player coach in 2003. There is a reason Kerr
    had two stints as a Spur. He is a basketball mind even if he is a little sometimes.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think part of Pop’s basketball tree is not just that he is a great coach and cultivated talent but he actively tries to make connections with other coaches and help people get jobs, whereas most other coaches never gave a about that I have to imagine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think part of Pop’s basketball tree is not just that he is a great coach and cultivated talent but he actively tries to make connections with other coaches and help people get jobs, whereas most other coaches never gave a about that I have to imagine.
    and his word means the world. If Coach Pop goes to bat for
    you, you are aces.

Thread Information