Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs really helped Demar conquer some of those playoff demons. He used to be scared to take shots like that. Happy for him. Class guy, just not the right fit and he was smart to move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the Spurs really helped Demar conquer some of those playoff demons. He used to be scared to take shots like that. Happy for him. Class guy, just not the right fit and he was smart to move on.
    Time will tell but thrilled he’s doing well. Both teams benefited from this trade with the Spurs playing the long game and Chi-Town and it’s window (if it can be called that), slightly ajar requiring immediate ROI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is a serious candidate for MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had plenty of winners for us. But ST only remembered his misses. It was a pleasure watching him play for the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It could’ve gone either way. Bulls only needed 2pts to win with 6secs left. He could’ve went for his patented drive and pump for the foul, but he chose the one-legged 3pt shot. If he missed, this ST would be laughing that he “choked,” yet once again. I’m glad he trusted his shot and it went in. I always want to drive to the basket in that situation and force the foul. But either way, I was happy for Demar, yet again getting the love. It’s good for his career in the long run if it continues, climaxing in high notes, winning instead of getting pastured in mediocrity had he gone to the Lakers and it didn’t work. It would’ve been a totally different outcome for his image being in the shadow of LeBron and losing if they did. Good choice to be the “head of the snake” in Chicago and winning imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please. Luka will be back in Europe next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had plenty of winners for us. But ST only remembered his misses. It was a pleasure watching him play for the spurs.
    EXACTLY

not to mention last season he was one of the top clutch scorers (last few minutes of the 4th quarter) in the entire NBA

dude was a good player for us, even with his short comings he overall played well, while in San Antonio. Our roster just wasn’t as good as Chicago’s roster is now.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. He was all class when he played for us, and many shat all over him unfortunately. I'd love to see Demar grab a chip to put on his resume.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs didn't have a good team around Demar and that is one of the reasons why he wasn't successful here. Bulls have Lavine and Vucevic who are both playing at an all-star level which helps out Demar tremendously. I wish him the best even though I was never a fan of his while he was here. I wouldn't be upset if he won the MVP or a le in Chicago.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    can't wait for this thread to get bumped after Demar goes 5-28 in a closeout playoff game and the Bulls lose

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    can't wait for this thread to get bumped after Demar goes 5-28 in a closeout playoff game and the Bulls lose
    Yeah, I'm just rooting for the guy, but I get the criticisms. Lol, that's pretty funny though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for Demar tbh. Always glad to see another instance of somebody flourishing outside of the Spurs organization tbh

He'll the bed come playoff time as always but he was a pro during his entire time here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Don't believe the hype. Same caliber player as he was here, just reverted to more scorer than play maker since they actually have other established players who can create off the dribble and space the floor for him.

Funny how he vacillated between ignored and punch line when he was here, but he was beloved before and is again after.
    Last edited by TD 21; 01-01-2022 at 05:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are prisoners of the moment. Some teams have players who form instant chemistry, other teams take a while to get rolling. The former sometimes crash and burn. Time will tell if the Bulls are that. I can say with confidence that the Bulls don’t have the pieces to go all the way, and it will be challenging for them to raise their ceiling unless they trade one of their big three. It’s going to take more than clutch shots in regular season games to change his long lasting legacy. People can talk all day about his short term success and act as if he as a player is an impactful winning one, but the cycle will likely continue of him as a player who will not take your team to the top if he’s one of the guys leading it.

*yawn* Bump this post when the season ends.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-01-2022 at 06:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs franchise was going nowhere with demar, talented on offense as he is

the trade was a no brainer. imaging giving him a long term deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR just hit another 3 pointer to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn man, DeMar is going off!!!

Spurs just didn't have the right team around him. He needs to be surrounded by perimeter defenders and 3-point shooters, including a stretch big. Chicago is the perfect fit for his skillset. I'm happy seeing him succeed there. Those clutch buckets are something else tho, I haven't seen him shoot clutch 3s like that ever before

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST wanted him gone. He was an addition from subtraction they said. The team would be better without him, they said. Yet he has become a legit mvp candidate. Bulls are 1st in the east while spurs 11th on the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ST wanted him gone. He was an addition from subtraction they said. The team would be better without him, they said. Yet he has become a legit mvp candidate. Bulls are 1st in the east while spurs 11th on the west.
    Good riddance come back here when we’re past all these meaningless regular season wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance come back here when we’re past all these meaningless regular season wins.
    When the spurs are playing?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs current team wouldn't have brought out his strengths like the Bulls roster has. Vucevic and Lavine are currently better than any player on this current Spurs roster. With Demar this current team probably has a good chance at the 8th seed and nothing else. This break up was good for both parties since they couldn't succeed together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When the spurs are playing?
    When DeMar shows us how much of a playoff choker he is like he has his entire career. Keep being enamored by DeMar who is destined to have a Joe Johnson-esque career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and btw, the last time DDR played in the playoffs in 2019, he avg 22, 6.7r, 4.6a. His TS% was better than jokic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and btw, the last time DDR played in the playoffs in 2019, he avg 22, 6.7r, 4.6a. His TS% was better than jokic.
    Nice numbers, still a loser when it counts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs current team wouldn't have brought out his strengths like the Bulls roster has. Vucevic and Lavine are currently better than any player on this current Spurs roster. With Demar this current team probably has a good chance at the 8th seed and nothing else. This break up was good for both parties since they couldn't succeed together.
    That is not what ST was saying. They thought Spurs would be better without DDR.

Thread Information