Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ for the first third of Wemby’s career while grooming Reed Sheppard for the second third is the most ideal plan.
    Better to keep those Atlanta picks. Would rather have a shot at Ace Bailey next year. Reed Sheppard is only going to be a role player/ bench player. Spurs already have a team full of those type of players.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the 26 Hawks 1st, are you simply nullifying the swap or giving them our 1st?
    The former.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I'd do that deal if I'm the Spurs. I think Atlanta does as well. Charlotte is the wildcard there...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then I'd do that deal if I'm the Spurs. I think Atlanta does as well. Charlotte is the wildcard there...
    The Hornets (in theory) do it to get their Bridges replacement, with their new regime avoiding the PR hit that would come with re-signing him to a big extension, for the low cost of essentially being willing to absorb Hunter's contract.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd avoid trading away any 2025 pick this summer, let that be the last big draft for this cycle.
    By this time next year we'll know how much those 2026 and 2027 Hawks picks will be worth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Hornets (in theory) do it to get their Bridges replacement, with their new regime avoiding the PR hit that would come with re-signing him to a big extension, for the low cost of essentially being willing to absorb Hunter's contract.
    I wonder what Bridges market value will be with the PR hit dangling over him like the sword of damocles. If he resigns for 4/60, I don't know that CHA would take anymore of a PR hit than they already did by bringing him back in the first place. Would someone offer him more than that knowing the media scrutiny that will follow?

Edit: Bridges might become a Kelly Oubre-like character who just bounces from 2-year deal to 2-year deal around or just above the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what Bridges market value will be with the PR hit dangling over him like the sword of damocles. If he resigns for 4/60, I don't know that CHA would take anymore of a PR hit than they already did by bringing him back in the first place. Would someone offer him more than that knowing the media scrutiny that will follow?
    Maybe a veteran team desperate for cheap a talent upgrade like the Clippers, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago. Detroit perhaps?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a veteran team desperate for cheap a talent upgrade like the Clippers, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Chicago. Detroit perhaps?
    Yes for $15MM/yr and below I'm sure he has lots of takers. I was more wondering if there is any market for him above that with the baggage. I kind of doubt it but who knows.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Edit: Bridges might become a Kelly Oubre-like character who just bounces from 2-year deal to 2-year deal around or just above the MLE.
    I don't have a sense for his market value either (though he used his veto power to block a trade to the Suns at the deadline because he'd have been bereft of his bird rights) and maybe they don't take more of a PR hit, maybe it's more like a continuous one, but the point remains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a sense for his market value either (though he used his veto power to block a trade to the Suns at the deadline because he'd have been bereft of his bird rights) and maybe they don't take more of a PR hit, maybe it's more like a continuous one, but the point remains.
    I'm guessing the real value of Bird rights for Bridges lies in the ability to perform a S&T rather than staying in Charlotte.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Charlotte signs him to a long term deal. Him and Miller were their best players last year. They have already taken the PR hit. It will be on a team-friendly deal and everyone will ignore the elephant in the room. And if they start winning fans will discuss how he has been rehabilitated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Charlotte signs him to a long term deal. Him and Miller were their best players last year. They have already taken the PR hit. It will be on a team-friendly deal and everyone will ignore the elephant in the room. And if they start winning fans will discuss how he has been rehabilitated.
    Charlotte changed ownership, GM and coach though. They might want to clean house. And I wouldn't be shocked if that included Lamelo as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how about ingram, his a fa, NO aint giving him the max apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3 team trades where the 3 teams move/get important/valuable players rarely happen. The bulk of the trade is usually between two teams, the third one being a facilitator.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it’s not the Spurs then I hope Charlotte gets the first pick, more chance of them being good and giving the Spurs their lottery protected pick next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is not trading DJ or Young to Spurs for anything less than getting most of their pick back
    I’m wondering if we draw top 3 + pick 7 in the lottery this afternoon if they’d take that plus that Charlotte pick they foisted off on us for DJ. Those are two surefire top 7 picks in hand that can’t be tanked into seconds. Those, plus picks they may get from Trae might allow them to blow it up without getting their picks back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is with the obsession people have with wanting Brogdon dude is made of glass. Most games he ever played in was 75 in his rookie campaign. He'll be 32 in December and has only played in 60 games once in the last 5 seasons.

Why people are always proposing trades for an aging injury prone combo guard is beyond me
    Stopgap to train up a drafted PG. I don’t think anyone views him as long term. BTW, he’s not a combo guard, he’s a point who can shoot, distribute, and defend.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Painting a picture:

DET is on suicide watch after landing the 5th pick two years in a row despite having back to back historically back seasons. Fans are pissed, management is in turmoil. The city, basically, is about to fall into Lake Erie.

As part of the draft process they fall in love with a player that they suspect the Spurs will take at 4 if he falls there. They call RC and propose the following:

DET: 4 & 8 (and filler)
    SAS: Ivey & 5

Do you pull the trigger?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Painting a picture:

DET is on suicide watch after landing the 5th pick two years in a row despite having back to back historically back seasons. Fans are pissed, management is in turmoil. The city, basically, is about to fall into Lake Erie.

As part of the draft process they fall in love with a player that they suspect the Spurs will take at 4 if he falls there. They call RC and propose the following:

DET: 4 & 8 (and filler)
    SAS: Ivey & 5

Do you pull the trigger?
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm also not doing that deal, but if it were DET getting #4 and Keldon in exchange for #5 and Ivey, I'm listening.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pivoting for a second, I read an article yesterday that nola was going to take offers on Ingram and keep Herb and Trey.

1) what teams do you think will go after Ingram?
    2) what will be bring to them with only 1 year left on the contract.
    3) Are we interested?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if right place - but someone on Twitter, Eric Zhang?, posted about league sources surrounding a spurs day trade involving Keldon and potentially one of Sochan, Wesley or Branham

https://twitter.com/EricZhangNBA/sta...44472921678283

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pivoting for a second, I read an article yesterday that nola was going to take offers on Ingram and keep Herb and Trey.

3) Are we interested?
    1) Kings could do it. Hawks make the most sense for both teams if he commits to an extension. DJ for Ingram. Cavs if Mitc stays and they make a Garland-Ingram swap.
    2) That's the question. It looks like they're trying to find another team with unbalanced roster.
    3) He was always such a low effort player. Also often has injury issues. But if he could get back to his best level, he would be a solid fit. I'd offer Keldon+Collins, no FRPs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3) Are we interested?
    Hawks (Pelicans were rumored interested in Murray at trade deadline; Hawks supposedly prefer to trade Young) and Cavaliers (if Mitc stays, Garland) are the obvious ones.

Other middling types that could see the opportunity to get a pseudo star at a distressed price include the Nets, Bulls, Rockets, 76ers and Kings.

I don't see the Spurs having interest nor should they.

If the Pelicans can't turn him into a similar caliber lead guard, it could be low end starter, middling youth/draft capital.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawks (Pelicans were rumored interested in Murray at trade deadline; Hawks supposedly prefer to trade Young) and Cavaliers (if Mitc stays, Garland) are the obvious ones.

Other middling types that could see the opportunity to get a pseudo star at a distressed price include the Nets, Bulls, Rockets, 76ers and Kings.

I don't see the Spurs having interest nor should they.

If the Pelicans can't turn him into a similar caliber lead guard, it could be low end starter, middling youth/draft capital.
    The reason i was wondering was because he kind of fits the profile of 2nd tier star in his prime that wants to play with Wemby.

Thread Information