Page 225 of 342 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 8540
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a short term contract that can be used as expiring money next year and it shows the spurs still take care of their own. It’s not rocket science!
    Lmao, now you're just embarrassing yourself.
    You know what's better than having expiring money? Having cap space, so you don't even need to match salaries.

Taking care of their own? Spurs resurrected Collins from the dead, everyone thought he was done. If that's not taking care of someone, I don't know what is.
    You make it sound like Spurs are indebted to Collins, not the other way around.

Btw, next season we're going to be a lottery team with the most expensive bench big in the league.
    Pinky knowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao, now you're just embarrassing yourself.
    You know what's better than having expiring money? Having cap space, so you don't even need to match salaries.

Taking care of their own? Spurs resurrected Collins from the dead, everyone thought he was done. If that's not taking care of someone, I don't know what is.
    You make it sound like Spurs are indebted to Collins, not the other way around.

Btw, next season we're going to be a lottery team with the most expensive bench big in the league.
    Pinky knowledge.

Tell me, what did the spurs do with their cap space last summer did they use that cap space? That contract becomes very tradable. Only thing embarrassing is the fact that you continually respond after you said you were done ranting. Keep hating on the spurs maybe it’ll make them change their ways

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me, what did the spurs do with their cap space last summer did they use that cap space? That contract becomes very tradable. Only thing embarrassing is the fact that you continually respond after you said you were done ranting. Keep hating on the spurs maybe it’ll make them change their ways
    You're actually the worst homer I've seen in a while.
    They got bad contracts and didn't need to use all the space since it was just an evaluation season.
    Collins contract won't be traded without positive assets (players/picks) being attached.
    Amazing contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're actually the worst homer I've seen in a while.
    They got bad contracts and didn't need to use all the space since it was just an evaluation season.
    Collins contract won't be traded without positive assets (players/picks) being attached.
    Amazing contract.
    Im thrilled that it bothers you so much lmao
    If you’re gonna trade for a big contract (Mitc , Young, Garland) you need some middle of the road contracts for the opposing teams to match salaries with that expire + picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apologies to my fellow spurs fans back to actual relevant draft talk. Draft lottery can’t come soon enough! Im really wondering if they’ll draft for best player on their board or best fit around wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apologies to my fellow spurs fans back to actual relevant draft talk. Draft lottery can’t come soon enough! Im really wondering if they’ll draft for best player on their board or best fit around wemby.
    I'm just guessing, but i think we draft bpa and of the TOR pick conveys we look more at fit/high floor guy ready to contribute.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also starting to lean sheppard over dilly…
    Doesn't matter, they'll take Topic because he's 6'7"

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because the lottery won't really tell us much either other than 1 pick or 2 picks with no one in this class really showing out above anyone else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny because the lottery won't really tell us much either other than 1 pick or 2 picks with no one in this class really showing out above anyone else.
    Yeah that’s true, it’ll just be a relief to know that the TOR pick conveys tbh lol I think a lot guys rumored between 11-20 are gonna be moving up as the draft approaches

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does any of that combined with pinky knowledge explain the decision to give Zach Collins 32/2 a year before his contract was up?
    You're just digging yourself deeper.

Plenty of people on this board don't. Way bigger haters than myself.
    You can agree with them or not, but plenty of them have way better arguments than in Pop we trust.

More ad hominem nonsense.
    This bandwagon fan has seen 48 minutes of every single game in these awful years.
    Even when I wasn't able to watch live, I'd see the result and still watch every single one of those blowouts.

Now go back to your "in Pop we trust" analysis, and I'll try to use actual arguments in my posts.
    I think we derailed the topic enough.

Potential Topic pick is exactly what stresses me out.
    Post #2888 in this topic. (pun intended)

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post11037614
    Knowing the spurs for a long time they will most likely go with topic. Ill be surprise if pick dillingham if topic still available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s statements like that that make me wonder if people actually know the team they’re following, tbh. Did you pick a team out of the blue? One would think that the reason someone starts following a team is because they agree with the org’s principles & decision-making behind their success. Or is it just surface-level fandom where they were winning at a certain point and you decided to bandwagon? Or they had one player (Timmy obviously) you had adoration for but now he’s gone? Nothing’s forcing you to continue following a team that your favorite player once played for. If it isn’t the team’s core principles you’re following them for, then what’s the point of staying? To torture yourself day by day?
    The reason I started following the Spurs is because I was born and raised in San Antonio. That is the extent of the origin story

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “In PAFTO We Trust: A Sniffer Biography”

Anyway, there are actual scientific studies, that I’ve posted multiple times, that show the Spurs are an average at best drafting team since about 2017, after a prolonged period of being one of the best. Trusting PAFTO to make the right pick these days is a risky proposition.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “In PAFTO We Trust: A Sniffer Biography”

Anyway, there are actual scientific studies, that I’ve posted multiple times, that show the Spurs are an average at best drafting team since about 2017, after a prolonged period of being one of the best. Trusting PAFTO to make the right pick these days is a risky proposition.
    The one with the dashboard? It shows we are 6th best from 17-21.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one with the dashboard? It shows we are 6th best from 17-21.
    My apologies, I meant to say since 2018, which drops us down to 12th (and to 13th with a negative score if you exclude Undrafted Free Agents). 2016 and 2017 rated as near perfect and perfect picks. The Vassell pick, which folks point to as a sign we are good at drafting, is only rated as an average pick. Will be curious to see how the Sochan pick gets rated when it is added next year. After an additional year, no doubt the Samanic and Primo picks will get a worse ranking, I’d expect the Vassell pick to improve it’s rating.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why ya'll stressing out here?spurs just beed to pick dillingham or topic in the upcoming draft.

While the next 2 drafts ('25 & '26) are way to early, they are both loaded with wings. The top 2 players expected in each draft are SF/PFs. There are no PGs expected in either top 10. I know that will change over the next 2 years, but making sure we get a good PG from this draft will free us up for BPA in stronger upcoming drafts.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knowing the spurs for a long time they will most likely go with topic. Ill be surprise if pick dillingham if topic still available.
    How do we know this? The Spurs rarely draft who everyone thinks they will. If anything the way they played Wemby the last quarter of the season as a point center basically would lean me to believe they would take someone like Sheppard. Topic could very well be the pick, but if it is it will be because of workouts with the team that sway not the fact that he's the tallest point guard candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jared McCain and Devin carter really pass the eye test if the spurs decide maybe to trade back

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards

29.4% 3PT on 8.3 attempts in college. One of the league’s best stars who is a threat from deep

don’t trust these basketball stats purists on this board who think it’s all or nothing with surface level stats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do we know this? The Spurs rarely draft who everyone thinks they will. If anything the way they played Wemby the last quarter of the season as a point center basically would lean me to believe they would take someone like Sheppard. Topic could very well be the pick, but if it is it will be because of workouts with the team that sway not the fact that he's the tallest point guard candidate.
    Could make sense and I'm not convinced either spurs are targeting a PC in this draft (who would need several years before actually really helping Wemby and this team). Imagine drafting Scoot in this draft, and not sure anyone would argue there's even a player close to him this year.

I'm honestly surprised how some seem to to believe any young PG spurs would draft this year would come and really produce or make this team better his rookie year, solving right away the PG issues. Not sure Wemby would have that much fun next year having to deal with a noob PG and all the growing pains coming with. Victor is gonna be a top 10, if not top 5 player next year. What top 5 player is or wants to play with a rookie PG? Do we imagine today's Giannis or Jokic having to play with a noob at the point?

Give Victor some real help NOW. Hes not gonna wait 3 or 4 years that Topic or Dillingham learn how to become a PG in the NBA.
    Last edited by JPB; 04-21-2024 at 01:27 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards

29.4% 3PT on 8.3 attempts in college. One of the league’s best stars who is a threat from deep

don’t trust these basketball stats purists on this board who think it’s all or nothing with surface level stats
    Yup... there's a couple guys in my top10 I apply that logic to...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could make sense and I'm not convinced either spurs are targeting a PC in this draft (who would need several years before actually really helping Wemby and this team). Imagine drafting Scoot in this draft, and not sure anyone would argue there's even a player close to him this year.

I'm honestly surprised how some seem to to believe any young PG spurs would draft this year would come and really produce or make this team better his rookie year, solving right away the PG issues. Not sure Wemby would have that much fun next year having to deal with a noob PG and all the growing pains coming with. Victor is gonna be a top 10, if not top 5 player next year. What top 5 player is or wants to play with a rookie PG? Do we imagine today's Giannis or Jokic having to play with a noob at the point?

Give Victor some real help NOW. Hes not gonna wait 3 or 4 years that Topic or Dillingham learn how to become a PG in the NBA.
    Spot on.
    And the issue with this year's prospects is that all of them are flawed. They need to make some fundamental changes for their style of play if they're to be legit NBA players.

As you said, Scoot was a way better prospect than anyone we can get this year and he looks lost.
    It's not like we're in win now mode, but not having a competent point guard makes everyone worse, as we've seen this year during Jeremy experiment when everyone looked bad.

Some people in here say that next two drafts are full of wings, but our wing rotation is non-existant and we need a lot of those.
    I see wings as three perimeter positions in today's league, with one primary ballhandler and a big.
    Long term, we have just Devin and Jeremy. And both of them have question marks. We don't know if Devin will live up to that contract and Jeremy still has to put it together if he's to be anything more than a glue guy on a serious team.
    Keldon isn't good enough and should be traded while he has value, meaning that we need three or even four players for the rotation because Champagnie isn't anything special, either.

I'd rather take a gamble developing a wing than a point guard.
    Look around the league, most legit point guards were way more ready than anyone in this draft or just stayed longer in college.
    It's by far the most difficult position to develop players.

Kiwi, Advanced Stat Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Edwards

As a stats nerd, Edwards is a case I think of regarding how wrong I can be, backs up the case for trusting consensus scouting opinions / eye test from his good games at Georgia (and accounting for high school performance / rankings), and the value of age. Young guys with insane tools and iffy production can be worthwhile early, and even the best stats only models miss (Accounting for this is basically why Pelton etc mix a stats model with a draft evaluation consensus, trying to make up for misses).

I think Holland is the best case for going early this year based on a similar profile.

I still think stats heavy / what have you actually done is a really good basis for drafting, based on historical success of stats models, but consensus / stats + scouting is even better.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a stats nerd, Edwards is a case I think of regarding how wrong I can be, backs up the case for trusting consensus scouting opinions / eye test from his good games at Georgia (and accounting for high school performance / rankings), and the value of age. Young guys with insane tools and iffy production can be worthwhile early, and even the best stats only models miss (Accounting for this is basically why Pelton etc mix a stats model with a draft evaluation consensus, trying to make up for misses).

I think Holland is the best case for going early this year based on a similar profile.

I still think stats heavy / what have you actually done is a really good basis for drafting, based on historical success of stats models, but consensus / stats + scouting is even better.
    Regarding his 3 point shooting specifically, Edwards is also a good example of why 3 point volume plays a large role in 3 point projection in addition to FT% and 3 pt%. The two best examples of this this year are Ja'Kobe Walter and Jared McCain given their 3 pt volume and the context of their 3 point shooting. I dislike Walter as a prospect for other reasons, but the shooting I buy more than his middling 3 pt% would suggest. McCain might be the best deep sniper in the draft this year given his 3 pt%, 3 pt volume, FT%, and 3 pt shot quality.

On the other side of the coin, this is also why a lot of people (myself included) do not buy Cody Williams' 3 point shot as of yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topic is likely Sengun redux in a sense. Many see him as he obvious target because he's a big, foreign PG, but ignore that they didn't want a poor shooting, defending lead guard, who'll need to spam p-n-r to derive value, when they didn't have a centerpiece, let alone one of this magnitude.

As I've said, if they go guard (which probably only happens if the Craptors 1st conveys), Sheppard is the obvious target because he'll be able to derive value (shooting, defensive playmaking) without the ball and his size or lack thereof will be mitigated as a nominal PG, which is where he'd mostly play here.

Anthony Edwards

Yet he had a reputation as a decent shooter or at least projected one by the time he entered the draft.

Again, shooting can obviously be improved, but most bad shooters end up mediocre in the end and it usually takes years to get to that point, while some never do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher played a decent game in the French league today. (14P, 7R, 1A,1B, 4-10Fg, 5-6FT)

Thread Information