Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson was highly touted during his high school years, being one of the top players in his class, but his stock fell following a forgettable year at Duke during which he was perceived to have quit on his team.

A little bit similar to Derrick Lively in which he was seen as the #1 player in his high school class, but his stock fell a little bit after an underwhelming freshman campaign in college.

Perhaps the lesson is that we should be taking high school performance more seriously?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He went to multiple HSs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Same with most of BWrong's drafts tbh.
    YOu soN of A , i’M In

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson played 70 games for the hawks last year. It’s not like he was buried in the gleague. And he was largely ineffective
    He was gleague as a rookie

And people who watched the Hawks closely like the Locked On Hawks podcast and assorted guests were very high on Johnson after last season and were forecasting good things for him this year without Collins around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    primo. I love how posters on here were freaking out that the clippers signed him only for him to show absolutely nothing like most of us knew and expected. Fake posters like Mr. Body were wanting in with that predator.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm still confused what the Spurs scouts saw in Primo, dude was slow as molasses.
    We know what the shrink saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still ballin’. Should be a Spur rn. Just the type of two-wing we need to surround Wemby with tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy quit in college. It's a goddamn miracle he turned out to be anything at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no better than our guys. Y’all just cherry picking the good outings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's really interesting that there are two threads talking about obtaining Hawks players or missing out.
    And the DJM thread has often morphed into going after Trae Young.

All this on a sub 500 team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s no better than our guys. Y’all just cherry picking the good outings.
    15/8 on 56% from the field and 40% from three (.649 TS%). Dude would instantly be our 2nd or 3rd best player tf you talking about no better than our guys?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a nice player. There was like a one in a hundred chance he panned out anywhere. Somehow it worked in Atlanta.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While Johnson is a very good player, arguably the bigger scouting fail was Jalen Williams who would easily be the Spurs second best player.

And it's not a big surprise either. Before the draft I basically wrote how Jalen was really the player that people pretended Primo was going to be. He's talked about by the media as a guy who would third or fourth in a redraft with Banchero and Chet, and has been talked about being one of OKC's new 'big three'.

Spurs need to trade those extra picks for proven players before BWrong strikes out again

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted the spurs to take him but people here were freaking out over some meaningless bull at duke.

In the end, it didn’t matter because primo’s iness contributed to the spurs landing wemby

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Jalen Williams would have been great. Jalen Johnson had Luka bust vibes, arguably. That's why he dropped.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Johnson was highly touted during his high school years, being one of the top players in his class, but his stock fell following a forgettable year at Duke during which he was perceived to have quit on his team.

A little bit similar to Derrick Lively in which he was seen as the #1 player in his high school class, but his stock fell a little bit after an underwhelming freshman campaign in college.

Perhaps the lesson is that we should be taking high school performance more seriously?
    Then again you get guys like Austin Rivers who looked like a star in high school, got exposed at Duke, and then was dog in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    15/8 on 56% from the field and 40% from three (.649 TS%). Dude would instantly be our 2nd or 3rd best player tf you talking about no better than our guys?
    He’d be the forum whipping boy in a week.

Thread Information