Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words this FO is saying to it's fans and ticket holders that they do what they want and to just get overthemselve , that they owe us nothing of an explanation .

I understand if there is some legality that they can't say much right now but if that's not the case it's pretty arrogant and unprofessional to treat your fan base like that.
    you must've forgot who runs this franchise. Dictatorvich. Can't wait for his next take about democracy

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in other words this FO is saying to it's fans and ticket holders that they do what they want and to just get overthemselve , that they owe us nothing of an explanation .

I understand if there is some legality that they can't say much right now but if that's not the case it's pretty arrogant and unprofessional to treat your fan base like that.
    You acknowledge the possibility that there may be some legal reason they can't comment on it, but that hasn't stopped you from rushing to get your panties in a wad. Y'all can wait a few days. It's not going to kill you.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see any fans quitting the team because of this. Certainly hasn't happened on this board full of cliff jumpers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's easy. Just make up some fox news style narrative and run with it...

Watch: it's seems ok with lots of conservatives to have little girls raped. oh wait.... that's true because they make them carry the baby to term like they wanted it.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just never know about someone's character from his work persona. Company I worked for had the nicest HR guy, kind of guy who brightened any room he was in, everyone liked him, then one day he's gone with no explanation. Turns out he was robbing gas stations at gunpoint and finally got caught after like 3 weeks of doing it. Maybe Primo is a real piece of in real life too after saying all the right things and fooling everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just never know about someone's character from his work persona. Company I worked for had the nicest HR guy, kind of guy who brightened any room he was in, everyone liked him, then one day he's gone with no explanation. Turns out he was robbing gas stations at gunpoint and finally got caught after like 3 weeks of doing it. Maybe Primo is a real piece of in real life too after saying all the right things and fooling everyone.
    Sociopathy is associated with exactly this characteristic. An ability to deceive as easy as they breathe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sociopathy is associated with exactly this characteristic. An ability to deceive as easy as they breathe.
    and some are better at burying bodies. I bet PATFO have a few.

This is most likely domestic abuse but that remains pure speculation. Charlotte still owns Bridges rights after he went Breezy on a chick.

Primo more likely gave her a love tap and is out. I never much cared for the kid but the reason I want some transparency is this franchise is already fked so reaching for a player because of “high character” and “he is just a kid with open growth plates” and subsequently cutting him for less than admirable behaviour (I thought he was just a kid) a year later says more about PATFO’s arcane ways than Primo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Talk about spinning a bad situation into your own bull agenda.

If you really think this is a case of PATFO "not being over themselves", then there is obviously no changing your opinion. They would say something if there was something relevant to say in the best interest of the organization and Primo.

They aren't just sitting on their hands and biding time because " ALL OUR STUPID SPURS FANS"....I can't imagine the scramble going on behind the scenes right now.

This situation sucks for everybody, but the Spurs don't owe you tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just wild to me that the combination of the Spurs CIA ops and the inep ude of San Antonio media has led to ZERO information.

Even Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is impressed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and some are better at burying bodies. I bet PATFO have a few.

This is most likely domestic abuse but that remains pure speculation. Charlotte still owns Bridges rights after he went Breezy on a chick.

Primo more likely gave her a love tap and is out. I never much cared for the kid but the reason I want some transparency is this franchise is already fked so reaching for a player because of “high character” and “he is just a kid with open growth plates” and subsequently cutting him for less than admirable behaviour (I thought he was just a kid) a year later says more about PATFO’s arcane ways than Primo.
    Bruh come on, are you seriously blaming the Spurs for this? Even before any details come out? The Spurs Org as a whole has acted in a very methodical way about this, there's clearly some dark in the background. Not exactly something you can expect teams to predict of their draftees, especially considering if it was something "less than horrifying", it would've leaked by now (like the Bridges situation).

Some people are just very good at conceit. Other people are good and high character, and just happen to have a life-altering "snap" situation due to whatever. And given the Spurs extended Primo less than 2 weeks ago, they were very evidently blindsided by whatever happened.

We don't know jack about what went down to be judging "PATFO's arcane ways"...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Talk about spinning a bad situation into your own bull agenda.

If you really think this is a case of PATFO "not being over themselves", then there is obviously no changing your opinion. They would say something if there was something relevant to say in the best interest of the organization and Primo.

They aren't just sitting on their hands and biding time because " ALL OUR STUPID SPURS FANS"....I can't imagine the scramble going on behind the scenes right now.

This situation sucks for everybody, but the Spurs don't owe you tbh
    Seriously, must be ing awful. Some people on this board have never worked in the real world, where just goes wrong or ballistic and there's a cataract of to deal with in the aftermath. It's more than obvious that the Spurs were not expecting nor planning this, and I feel bad for them, the employees at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So i guess we don't know much. Props to the Spurs for keeping this thing quiet going on 24 hours now, that must be some kind of record in the social media age.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's got to be some abuse related issue, yes. Brian Wright is on the record saying they don't gamble on character, and at this point of the roster's development timeline, it makes sense they want to drop a rotter apple the second they find it. I don't fault the organization for not seeing something that may have been difficult to catch from the get go and I don't make as much of his loss since in my mind he's been a sunk cost for a while and I had come to terms with it. I do however think the FO should take a clue that the intangibles they're so fixated on are not as easy to assess, to the point that they outweigh all the tangible evidence that strongly suggested we go with (at least) half a dozen other prospects.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the fact that his teammates to a man are acting like he never even existed that has me thinking the cause must be extremely reprehensible to justify such a unified shunning. Almost like he did something terrible to a team family member and was caught in the act.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s the fact that his teammates to a man are acting like he never even existed that has me thinking the cause must be extremely reprehensible to justify such a unified shunning. Almost like he did something terrible to a team family member and was caught in the act.
    That's been very noticeable to me too... Keldon's comments last night when asked about how they were handling it referred to tbe team being a family etc...it did not include Primo in any way in that reference..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Sports & Entertainment are better at keeping secrets that The Office of The President of the United States (regardless of who the president is). That's wild.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo took responsibility for his problem in his statement. If he didn't want to go deeper into just exactly what happened to trigger this action, then that is his business. No reason to criticise the FO for a draft choice based on their perception of his basketball talent, and not on unkown mental health issues.

Fan curiosity is natural, but this probably isn't going to be an issue where the Spurs want to wade in with statements to alleviate the curiosity. Endless speculation on this board is non-productive. Probably the best course is for all of us to drop it after the initial shock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The FO should absolutely be criticized and get a ton of blame regardless of what happens, like what?

This is the same FO that has been absolutely up its own ass about how its culture and its "program" was the reason for its past success. But despite that holier than thou bull they spew, they've now cut two first rounders in two years because of character issues with zero return

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's easy. Just make up some fox news style narrative and run with it...

Watch: it's seems ok with lots of conservatives to have little girls raped. oh wait.... that's true because they make them carry the baby to term like they wanted it.
    "Conservatives" also just like'em really young. It's more than just willingness to let children stay pregnant.

Wildvlu or whatever his name is is probably confessing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew sniffers would try to spin this. "It's not the Spurs fault, they couldn't have seen it coming." But totally forgetting the point that he was a 2nd rounder drafted 12th. The experiment failed. Wrong choice. They deserve criticism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew sniffers would try to spin this. "It's not the Spurs fault, they couldn't have seen it coming." But totally forgetting the point that he was a 2nd rounder drafted 12th. The experiment failed. Wrong choice. They deserve criticism
    They are 4-2 and the lakers are 0-5. Sniffers win. Spurs are going to be a great team in 5 years and people are going to go, “they should've done this sooner. “

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just wild to me that the combination of the Spurs CIA ops and the inep ude of San Antonio media has led to ZERO information.

Even Manti Te'o's dead girlfriend is impressed.
    Lol fking ruthless!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are 4-2 and the lakers are 0-5. Sniffers win. Spurs are going to be a great team in 5 years and people are going to go, “they should've done this sooner. “
    that has nothing to do with Primo. You're in the wrong thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh come on, are you seriously blaming the Spurs for this? Even before any details come out? The Spurs Org as a whole has acted in a very methodical way about this, there's clearly some dark in the background. Not exactly something you can expect teams to predict of their draftees, especially considering if it was something "less than horrifying", it would've leaked by now (like the Bridges situation).

Some people are just very good at conceit. Other people are good and high character, and just happen to have a life-altering "snap" situation due to whatever. And given the Spurs extended Primo less than 2 weeks ago, they were very evidently blindsided by whatever happened.

We don't know jack about what went down to be judging "PATFO's arcane ways"...
    Well for me this is affirmation they can’t deduce, psychoanalyze and reform every kid who has basketball talent.

The puppeteers have struck again. Apparently they aren’t that good at it.

Most Spurs fans care more about character than winning when in reality it’s about both.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never understood what anyone saw in him other than size.

Thread Information