Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt they will trade lavine. Not anytime soon anyways. They're replacing Jim boylen so they may see how it goes before blowing it up, again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had knee surgery for a torn meniscus in January. But his last two full seasons with Portland was the best of his career.
    I knew we was high on everybody's list for the MLE and I saw he basically didn't play this past year. Tough break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a strong history of trading or releasing disgruntled players who have problems with the Spurs systems, the coaches, minutes or money. Many of them famous or all-star quality--We can start with Nephew, Rodman, Rod strickland, James Silas, Gervin, and then there are the not so famous, starting with Jax and some less remembered than him. I don't remember them taking on problem players, or if they do, they are given their walking papers like rodman and rod strickland, pretty quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Bowen is another good example-- a 30 year old who signed as a free agent with the Spurs, after playing for three teams in three years, who couldn't dribble, pass, or shoot. This signing barely registered a blip on the NBA radar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Bowen is another good example-- a 30 year old who signed as a free agent with the Spurs, after playing for three teams in three years, who couldn't dribble, pass, or shoot. This signing barely registered a blip on the NBA radar.
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned Diaw but I think he fits here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned Diaw but I think he fits here.
    Exactly! People forget that Diaw's reputation was terrible after a few years in Charlotte. He wasn't considered a versatile glue guy at all, but rather a guy who was extremely passive about shooting, had a bad at ude, and was a tweener who didn't give 100% on the floor for a team that posted an unbelievably bad 7-59 record...

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a strong history of trading or releasing disgruntled players who have problems with the Spurs systems, the coaches, minutes or money. Many of them famous or all-star quality--We can start with Nephew, Rodman, Rod strickland, James Silas, Gervin, and then there are the not so famous, starting with Jax and some less remembered than him. I don't remember them taking on problem players, or if they do, they are given their walking papers like rodman and rod strickland, pretty quickly.
    Wow... Gervin was disgruntled? TIL...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gervin was also 6'7", 180 lbs., which would probably lead to many people nowadays saying he was "too skinny" to be effective!

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gervin was also 6'7", 180 lbs., which would probably lead to many people nowadays saying he was "too skinny" to be effective!
    To think he was very effective in the said physicality of the 80’s. Me needs to watch more of Gervin...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this isn't 2K, man! The Spurs would never completely revamp their roster like that. They value continuity. Having 10 new players would give Pop a heart attack.
    not to mention he would need until 2023 to find the right line up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly! People forget that Diaw's reputation was terrible after a few years in Charlotte. He wasn't considered a versatile glue guy at all, but rather a guy who was extremely passive about shooting, had a bad at ude, and was a tweener who didn't give 100% on the floor for a team that posted an unbelievably bad 7-59 record...
    I’m not sure he gets a chance if f not for his connection to Tony. He ultimately exceeded Pop’s patience, and was shipped to Utah a year or so after beating Miami.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harry Giles worth a chance as a FA signing, maybe with change of scenery he could realize some of that promise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Gervin and Silas, there were some other problems that the Spurs didn't want to deal with. They let them go for their final payday for other teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as far as i remember zach lavine was/is frustrated. lavine/satoransky/4th for ddr/murray/11th (bulls are looking for a guard in this draft so maybe they would want to murray)
    satoransky/mills
    lavine/white
    keldon/lonnie
    lma/gay
    wiseman/eubanks

If it comes to trade for smb the most i like are hield and turner but id consider any trade in which we can get an extra pick. FAs id like to pursue: boganovic, joe harris, drummond and bertans.

Thread Information