Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when it comes to clutch offense even Durant with his alien wingspan can't get an uncontested shot against a good defensive effort. no need to argue its easier to score contested 2PT than contested 3PT. Timmy could score only a wild baby hook and I doubt he is too consistent with his bankshot after 30 minutes of playing time. West and Aldridge are monsters of 2 PT jumpshots and that's a pure advantage for us in the clutch.
    Last edited by San Antonio Slayer; 07-31-2015 at 04:20 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks talk about West's midrange J but what i'm more intrigued about most is how this great passing big will fare in our system..D West is career 2.3 assist per game peaking last year with 3.4 APG ..Damn boy that second unit helmed by Manu with Boris + D West+ Mills + maybe Kawhi/Green is going to obliterate the league string stringers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All my friends are calling me psychic as I always said him and Aldridge would one day be spurs. Just never thought they'd sign a few days apart. I'm lovin it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still can't believe we got Aldridge AND West holy

Most summers landing West alone woulda been huge

s gonna be fun
    When it rains it pours tbqh

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just having his presence and character in our bench made us a lot stronger. And it showed when David accepted less money for playing in the right system and for the right goals. It's evidently that that means more to him than money at this stage of his career. Really glad to have you David.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin was a huge beneficiary of the Splitter injury. I'm hoping that LMA and West can give him fits if we should play the Clips in another playoff series. Cos BG just wasn't even challenged at either end of the court in that series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great guy and coming for the rght reasons, "to win games!"
    I was really glad to hear this. I had a su ion that he just wants to replace Patty in those HEB commercials.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't know how to use mid range shooting bigs like LMA and West, it's a problem...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't know how to use mid range shooting bigs like LMA and West, it's a problem...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the exact opposite. Pop gets Tim that open 18 footer any time he wants it. Tim just can't knock it down. Let's see if these guys can.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barrimg a McDyess / RJ level of age related decline, he'll still be a starting PF caliber player for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was the first coach in the league to figure out the dynamics of the three point shot as a invaluable attack weapon if the shooting % is over 33%. However, he also designed an offense that uses that threat to open the lanes for drivers AND FOR PULL UP MID RANGE JUMPERS. You aren't going to be able to shoot nothing but 3s all night in every game.

So the answer to a complete offensive strategy is balance. LMA and West can also drive and pick up fouls from the position on the elbow of the lane. And our guards can continue to play off the bigs in P/Rs and pick up the layups or short range pullups.

I don't see any of our old 3pt shooters or guards complaining about the midrange skills of the new guys. Pop will figure out the right offense and we'll be fine. Fine as his good wine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barrimg a McDyess / RJ level of age related decline, he'll still be a starting PF caliber player for us.
    RJ was not age related. The guy is a ing pussy

And MCDyess was a ing dinosaur when we got him.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RJ was not age related. The guy is a ing pussy And MCDyess was a ing dinosaur when we got him.
    Yeah, RJ was a bad fit for the system, bball wise and mentally , although getting older didn't help either. Dice was a functioning T-Rex in a 6th mab role with the Pistons a year before he became a fossil for us 5 months later. Not everyone ages like Tim beyond 34.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya this page went take quick
    This is why after reading a username like "PlayBonner" will give you a biased thread without so much as looking at the thread le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why their former teams never even sniffed the playoffs.

There's a large patch of floor where David West hit 52% of his midrange jumpers.
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. Would have worked better if the sentence ended in "right?" Or "amirite?". Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sarcasm doesn't translate well in text. Would have worked better if the sentence ended in "right?" Or "amirite?". Right?
    I see now haha, hope it was sarcasm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West was always a Spurs killer and came off kinda y so I hated him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=sexinthatsx;8148428]You're right, we should just play Matt Bonner 48 minutes and have him launch 3's non stop.[/QUOTE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin was a huge beneficiary of the Splitter injury. I'm hoping that LMA and West can give him fits if we should play the Clips in another playoff series. Cos BG just wasn't even challenged at either end of the court in that series.
    The ESPN and NBA analysts talked about Griffin like he was Lebron 2.0 during that Clippers/Spurs series. They basically said he was unstoppable. Well, now that the spurs have LMA and West he will have a harder time on the defensive end. And even though the clippers got deeper, Doc Rivers still has a habit of playing only 6 deep in the playoffs, so that will wear out Griffin again. Remember when ESPN even had an article about how Griffin learned to be a leader because he attended a meeting with Duncan?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ESPN and NBA analysts talked about Griffin like he was Lebron 2.0 during that Clippers/Spurs series. They basically said he was unstoppable. Well, now that the spurs have LMA and West he will have a harder time on the defensive end. And even though the clippers got deeper, Doc Rivers still has a habit of playing only 6 deep in the playoffs, so that will wear out Griffin again. Remember when ESPN even had an article about how Griffin learned to be a leader because he attended a meeting with Duncan?
    In fairness to the announcers, Blake looked like Lebron 2.0 relative to how the Spurs played him. Splitter would get the ball up top of the key and Blake could just get two or three whacks at the ball while Splitter just had to take it. And an injured Splitter just couldn't cover the ground needed and Blake got open looks all day. He was doing the turn into your opponent shot on Splitter like he wasn't even there because Splitter was clearly fearful of straining something if he tried to muscle him up. A healthy West could really put an end to a lot of that nonsense, I'm hoping. Even if West has a limited regular season role, I really think that's where he'll have added value in these grind-out match-ups in the playoffs.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin when his jumper is dropping is unstoppable, period. Fatigue is the only thing that can stop him in 4th quarters, as we saw both against the Spurs and Rockets.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Griffin when his jumper is dropping is unstoppable, period. Fatigue is the only thing that can stop him in 4th quarters, as we saw both against the Spurs and Rockets.
    He's a tougher guard in that scenario (especially for a slower 4). But he's far from unstoppable. But DJ's abilities at the rim make it so the 5 make it so the center can't double, and teams take too much risk doubling off of Red or Paul. That meant that the double had to come from Barnes's defender; and that can't always happen. So, basically you need a guy who can hold his own 1 v 1 with Blake. That was not Splitter. I'd argue that at least in limited minutes, that can be West; and Aldridge's length can give Blake problems on the shot on the post and the pass to DJ. Splitter was just duck on the water.

Sliver and Crack
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he can be slowed 1 on 1 by a good, long, athletic 4, like a focused Josh Smith in the WCSF. Just bodying him up with a strong heavy 4 like West seems iffy to me.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, he can be slowed 1 on 1 by a good, long, athletic 4, like a focused Josh Smith in the WCSF. Just bodying him up with a strong heavy 4 like West seems iffy to me.
    West would have issues with Blake on the perimeter. But he wouldn't be getting owned in the post like Splitter; and he would be making him work on the other end of the court as well. Blake can't be averaging 24 and 12 against you. 19 and 8, sure.

Thread Information