Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    timvp
    If you are going to try to replace what Robinson brings to the table, getting Mourning at a reduced price might be the way to go.

Patrick Davis
    I doubt he will be able to play. But if he can he will not only add the David factor, but he will also add a little more toughness to this team.

freak
    alonzo's not as tough as the media makes him out to be. if you want a tough guy, look no further than sean elliott, he played with a much worse case of what alonzo has. in the '99 playoffs, nobody even knew.

patrick davis = one who believes everything he hears.

Patrick Davis
    I didn't mean toughness as in fighting illness. I meant toughness as he has been in many fights. He is tough on the court. And I never said anything bad about Sean. His toughness is a main reason we have banner up in the rafters.

Big Syke
    Fights?!?

Like the time his pussy was almost exposed when he got in that cat fight with Larry Johnson.

freak
    nah, i never said you didn't think sean was tough, but i am saying he's the poster boy for toughness.

i think you're wrong about zo though. i mean ewing went to dinner with him, then dunked on him game time and treated like him a ho on the court. that's not being tough.

plus big syke already said the other thing i was going to say.

timvp
    i think you're wrong about zo though. i mean ewing went to dinner with him, then dunked on him game time and treated like him a ho on the court. that's not being tough.

SanAntonioBard
    David treated his azz like a ho on a few occasions, too. Doesn't mean that if he's healthy he's STILL not one of the top 3-4 centers next year.

timvp
    Robinson scored 56 on Alonzo when he was a rookie. And then the next season Alonzo said, "Robinson tends to shy away from contact."

How soon he forgot

mrcoon
    Okay, I don't want to read 2 pages about Zo, so just by the le of this thread I submit my response in regards to any subject concerning Zo:

SanAntonioBard
    Okay, I don't want to read 2 pages about Zo...
    Nothing like making an informed decision...

mrcoon
    Gotta go with the gut!! :wink You know over the years ya pick up things here and there and the mind just stores it for occasions like this: you see a name/word and instantly know how ya feel. :p

Big Syke
    Duncan dunked all over him in an all-star game ... I wonder if Zo is still shivering from the thought of seeing Duncan. I heard that's why he got sick:o

timvp
    Zo is an option the Spurs can't overlook. Of all the players available, he might be the easiest to fit in.

His defense is close to Robinson's too.

Marcus Bryant
    A very intriguing possibility. He strikes me as too risky but for the right price the potential upside might be worth it. The Spurs are certainly familiar with what his medical condition requires.

timvp
    Yes, Sean Elliott might be able to give him some tips.

This is risky, but the reward is huge.

P.S.

timvp, I thought you hated Alonzo.

I'm a big 'Zo fan.
    Yes, SpursWoman is a big Ferry fan.

alamo50
    Ok let me put it this way.
    The moment Zo suits up in silver and black I am not a Spurs fan anymore.

SanAntonioBard
    We'll miss you. Seriously, I've never understood your total hatred for 'Zo. He's not exactly my favorite, but the Spurs have gone out on bigger limbs before (Rodman), and improved the team. There just are NO David Robinson's out there. Pop may have to "put up" with a guy who brings most of David's on court qualities, and is NOT getting in trouble on a regular basis with the law.

Ed Helicopter Jones
    I think the only reason Zo talked smack about Robinson is that Zo was Robinson's biotch back in the day.

I remember Zo's rookie year when Robinson lit him up for something like 56 points one game.

I'd talk some smack too, just to save face.

Do I want him as a Spur? Not really.

Mark in Austin
    Unless Zo and Riley have had a falling out and managed to keep it completely out of the press, Iseriously doubt Zo would leave Miami.

SpursWoman
    P.S.

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    timvp, I thought you hated Alonzo.

I'm a big 'Zo fan.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, SpursWoman is a big Ferry fan.

I'd be too concerned about his illness. Even the minimum would be too much to pay someone to sit on the IR. Especially if it meant passing on someone who could contribute.

Big Syke
    Even if Mourning is injured a lot ... the Spurs are used to it with DRob being out so much.

Don't you think?

Thread Information