Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this means DD to the LAL is probably dead? (As a trade at least. He could opt out and just sign with them).

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He isn't that good as his stats indicate. He isn't a solid defender. He isn't a PG either. He is an undersized SG. Playing with Lebron would help hide his game.
    Similar offensive stats to 2017/18, when he was 19/3/6 and as for his defense:

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...ennis-schroder

The eye test indicates that Schroder has been an elite defender this season, but the numbers back up this assertion. Schroder has posted a defensive rating of 103; this is the best rating out of all guards who have played at least 45 games and 28 minutes per night.
    Schroder’s defensive work has put him into the upper echelon of defenders at the guard spots. It is not a stretch to say that Dennis Schroder has been as good as Kyle Lowry or Marcus Smart this season in terms of stopping opposing players. The improvement on the less glamorous end of the floor has meant that Schroder is fourth in Defensive Win Shares among all guards in the NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So this means DD to the LAL is probably dead? (As a trade at least. He could opt out and just sign with them).
    Only have the MLE I believe, highly doubt he would take that steep a paycut.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. DDR to Lakers looks like it’s over. Supposedly they wanted White included and SA said no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. DDR to Lakers looks like it’s over. Supposedly they wanted White included and SA said no.
    As they should. Thanks for the update bro!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he can because LAL can only sign him with a trade. They don't have the money otherwise. One of the brainiacs about caps and all can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on us!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did they ask to have the Alamo shipped out there as well?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Similar offensive stats to 2017/18, when he was 19/3/6 and as for his defense:

https://www.welcometoloudcity.com/20...ennis-schroder
    See my eye test says otherwise. That summary indicates he is an all-star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he can because LAL can only sign him with a trade. They don't have the money otherwise. One of the brainiacs about caps and all can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the deal.
    Yeah, I think it was unlikely. But he could take a massive pay cut to ring chase.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think it was unlikely. But he could take a massive pay cut to ring chase.
    Yup! Hope you're well over there in Latvia!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup! Hope you're well over there in Latvia!
    Thanks bro. I'm in Ukraine now, but all is good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks bro. I'm in Ukraine now, but all is good.
    What is it like over there? I haven't come on here to Spurstalk much the past few years (ever since the Kawhi debacle, I've haven't spent much time here, but that is also due to being too busy with other regular life things too), but I remember you being in Latvia or somewhere like that? Do you live in the Ukraine full-time now? I've always been interested in going there. Do you still go back and forth between the US?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it like over there? I haven't come on here to Spurstalk much the past few years (ever since the Kawhi debacle, I've haven't spent much time here, but that is also due to being too busy with other regular life things too), but I remember you being in Latvia or somewhere like that? Do you live in the Ukraine full-time now? I've always been interested in going there. Do you still go back and forth between the US?
    Hi. Yes, I lived in Riga, Latvia twice totaling nearly 4 years but have been in Ukraine since 2016. Before the pandemic, I did go back and forth a lot, but now not so much. As for what it is like here? Well, the Ukrainian economy is in real trouble because of the shut down from the pandemic and the ongoing disruption of the Russian occupation of the Crimea and Donbas. But, you know, people are tough and they get on with the business of living. In the spot where I am (Kharkov), the pandemic has begun to hit really hard for the last month though. Lots of things shut down. Forces me to stay inside and read up on things like basketball.
    Last edited by BillMc; 11-16-2020 at 03:57 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here have been singing Morey’s praises for a decade, but he’s a GM version of DeRozan, empty calories.
    And the new GM in Houston is stuck with an empty cupboard for most of the decade....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the new GM in Houston is stuck with an empty cupboard for most of the decade....
    That's on Fer ta brute-forcing Morey to pull the trigger on Westbrook, which was pretty clearly a bad trade at the time, and certainly not the kind of trade Morey would make - WB is about as anti-Morey a player as you can find in the league. And also, first and foremost, Harden having issues with CP3 in the lockerroom. They were stupid not to run it back after being so close to a le, Paul was a perfect compliment to Harden's game. Again, you can argue the Rockettes playstyle had something to do with it, but it's not a thing on Morey's control at the end of the day.

But yeah, I wouldn't want to be Houston's new GM. Especially with that asshole, know-it-all owner as your boss...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DDR was just going to opt in he would have done it by now right? Is the hold up looking for a S&T partner?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If DDR was just going to opt in he would have done it by now right? Is the hold up looking for a S&T partner?
    That is the prevailing sentiment

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to wonder if there will be a push to put a new Stepien-like rule in a near-future CBA that doesn't allow a team to mortgage its draft future for several years like LAL/LAC/HOU have done. I think the reckoning will be harsh towards the end of this decade.

The idea would be to save owners and GMs from themselves, much like the shortening of contracts. Maybe it would be as simple as updating the Stepien Rule to 2 out of 3 (you can't make any trades that leave you with less than 2 first-round picks in the next 3 drafts) and not allowing a team to trade any draft picks more than X years in the future, perhaps 5 or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm starting to wonder if there will be a push to put a new Stepien-like rule in a near-future CBA that doesn't allow a team to mortgage its draft future for several years like LAL/LAC/HOU have done. I think the reckoning will be harsh towards the end of this decade.

The idea would be to save owners and GMs from themselves, much like the shortening of contracts. Maybe it would be as simple as updating the Stepien Rule to 2 out of 3 (you can't make any trades that leave you with less than 2 first-round picks in the next 3 drafts) and not allowing a team to trade any draft picks more than X years in the future, perhaps 5 or so.
    Bruh by the end of this decade the NBA won't even exist anymore Nothing to worry about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what’s derozan value? Washed Danny green? What’s the best the spurs can get for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People here have been singing Morey’s praises for a decade, but he’s a GM version of DeRozan, empty calories.
    I don't know who'd really want to take over his scorched earth down there in Houston. Spending wildly should keep them relevant I suppose. Deep pockets can hide a lot of horrible decision making.

Thread Information