Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo, clown.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker is too valuable to us to trade at this point...he knows how to play the game properly, and more importantly he's a vital cog to the spurs system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah that for a joke. Carmello Anthony? lol do not want on this team. We are set at SF. Leonard will end up being a better all round player then melo anyway. Melo is 9 years into his career, 28 years old, he's peaked, he is what he is, and i do not want for Tony.

Amare Stoudemire on the other hand... ? I wouldn't be opposed. He's a monster.

If we could trade Tony (our best freakin player) but also (best freakin trade piece) it has to be for a good big man.

Then go after Steve Nash via free agency and the loss of tony wouldn't be so bad. Nash is a basketball genious. Even at his advanced age he averaged 13 points, 11 asissts, 53%FG, 39%3PTGF, 89%FT. He makes everybody around him better, everybody.

Stoudemire
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

Not to bad. Anyone but Melo, .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great so we make NY better ? have we already sold our soul to stern !? really ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hah that for a joke. Carmello Anthony? lol do not want on this team. We are set at SF. Leonard will end up being a better all round player then melo anyway. Melo is 9 years into his career, 28 years old, he's peaked, he is what he is, and i do not want for Tony.

If we could trade Tony (our best freakin player) but also (best freakin trade piece) it has to be for a good big man.

Then go after Steve Nash via free agency and the loss of tony wouldn't be so bad. Nash is a basketball genious. Even at his advanced age he averaged 13 points, 11 asissts, 53%FG, 39%3PTGF, 89%FT. He makes everybody around him better, everybody.

Stoudemire
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

After the injuries, Amare isn't the Amare you remember. That would be a terrible trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Better then any big we've had other then Tim for like 10 years though, by far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stoudemire
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

Cool, the Phoenix Suns with Tim Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rasho, Elson, Nazr, Tiago, Bonner, Thomas, Oberto, Mahinmi, Gooden etc. The list of house bigs that have come n gone is crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time will tell. Gonna be an intersting offseason to see which direction the F/O will take this team. I don't see how we can aquire a difference maker without parting ways with our core. Unless we could pull off another RJ type trade..? couple of our house players on smaller or shorter contracts for a big man on a team wanting to dump salary.

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Stoudemire
    Duncan
    Leonard/Jackson
    Ginobili
    Nash

That's like going backwards and away from winning championships we wouldn't be able to defend . The spurs would also become the most injury prone team in the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at getting Melo.

lol at "point-guard desperate Knicks"? Ever heard of Jeremy Lin?

I love the Steve Nash idea, but I'm sure he'll get great offers from lots of other teams.

Tbh, Spurs will prob stand pat. The writer's best point was made early on: injuries happen, and there's no telling what OKC's health/potency will be come next year's playoffs. Don't blow it up yet. Parker just had his best year ever, keep him and GET REFUEL.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carmelo shoots a lot, and misses a lot too. He'll often monopolize the offense only to shoot around .300 while everyone else watches passively. Defensive effort not worthy mentioning. Good luck with a prospect like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah, the New York media. They really are in love with Tony.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool, the Phoenix Suns with Tim Duncan.
    Exactly. The metamorphosis would be complete.

I can picture the Spurs sweeping the Suns in the first round next year with a heavy dose of Nash-to-Stoudemire PnRs. Would the fans in Phoenix just collapse from conniptions? Just imagine if Duncan and Ginobili ended up with the Lakers in a couple years and you'll understand how it would feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the writer that Tony's stock is probably at the highest it's going to be, and possibly one of the few trade chips that can bring something significant back. But lol Carmelo.

Thread Information