Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source? I don't like this...
    Would you like better if he said that his ceiling is to be a role player ?
    That's nothing wrong with confidence IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the recency effect. Hill's had better games than Kawhi has so far, and for the most part, he was just as much Spurs' material as Leonard is. I don't even have to elaborate on Blair's rookie year.
    No just No. I can remember it as much as you do, for sure some people were talking about hill's future with the team, but i don't think there was a unison about that opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last few games I notice Kawhi playing with a mission. He needs to step it up even a few more notches in the playoffs and spurs can actually have a deep run
    I feel like some of it was slowed down due to his injury. I'm sure the coaching staff is working on some things with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice overall interview

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid's confident as . I love it. He's got a quiet confidence though. It's not like he walks around bragging about it. He was asked a question, and he answered it confidently. Kid's gonna be a star!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We already discussed Kawhi's statements this morning though
    http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/show...=209229&page=2

Gotta love that we have a decent future to look forward to, unlike the LOL Angeles Lakers.. I hope Dwight leaves!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No just No. I can remember it as much as you do, for sure some people were talking about hill's future with the team, but i don't think there was a unison about that opinion.
    And there's not unison about Leonard's future. Others have backed me up on this too. There are threads on this forum from two years ago where people were wondering if the Spurs should trade Parker and keep Hill. People thought Blair was going to finally be the big next to Duncan. It's okay to deny those opinions now, and it's okay to say you never had that opinion, but don't try to pretend like this situation with Leonard is different. It's not, and it won't be until he signs an extension in a couple of years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just saw tp in his media day. Nice interview with some major props to Tim

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there's not unison about Leonard's future. Others have backed me up on this too. There are threads on this forum from two years ago where people where wondering if the Spurs should trade Parker and keep Hill. People thought Blair was going to finally be the big next to Duncan. It's okay to deny those opinions now, and it's okay to say you never had that opinion, but don't try to pretend like this situation with Leonard is different. It's not, and it won't be until he signs an extension in a couple of years.
    I do think this time around is different for a couple of reasons.

1. Kawhi has the playoff performance that hill didn't have
    2. Kawhi has had bigger responsibilities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do think this time around is different for a couple of reasons.

1. Kawhi has the playoff performance that hill didn't have
    2. Kawhi has had bigger responsibilities.
    So you have forgotten.

Hill pretty much beat Dallas in game 5 in 2010 by himself. He scored 29 points. He was great that whole series before he got destroyed by Nash in the CSF. Leonard has yet to have that type of game.

Hill and Kawhi have/had similar responsibilities: Hit threes, defend the other team's best perimeter player and get steals. Before you try to act like Kawhi is more dynamic on offenses, Hill was the starting point-guard for the Dallas series and for the end of the regular season. Leonard has more responsibilities than Danny Green, but he does not have more than Hill had.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. At least someone remembers.
    Somewhere in the archives is a thread from Blair's rookie season in which people seriously entertained the notion that Blair was the second best player to come out of the 2009 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you have forgotten.

Hill pretty much beat Dallas in game 5 in 2010 by himself. He scored 29 points. He was great that whole series before he got destroyed by Nash in the CSF. Leonard has yet to have that type of game.

Hill and Kawhi have/had similar responsibilities: Hit threes, defend the other team's best perimeter player and get steals. Before you try to act like Kawhi is more dynamic on offenses, Hill was the starting point-guard for the Dallas series and for the end of the regular season. Leonard has more responsibilities than Danny Green, but he does not have more than Hill had.
    You're equating hills performance to kwahi when clearly we we'rnt even contenders that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're equating hills performance to kwahi when clearly we we'rnt even contenders that year.
    Hindsight. It's clear you're just going to keep making excuses. I want Kawhi to be different than Hill and Blair, but there's no reason to think it will be yet. In two years, things will be clearer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember Hill > Parker and Blair = Next Barkley.
    LMAO... sad to say I remember that stuff too

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hindsight. It's clear you're just going to keep making excuses. I want Kawhi to be different than Hill and Blair, but there's no reason to think it will be yet. In two years, things will be clearer.
    Well, Kawhi is younger, and coming out of college was known. He was only acquired through trade (lucky that Pacers had such a good spot and already had Granger and George). Kawhi's already got the best physical attributes. His work ethic is one thing that is a knowable quan y. He might not be the scorer that Hill is in his years (so far), but he's already shown presence in playoffs, in tight games that mean something. Hill looks like he's about at his ceiling while Kawhi looks like he has the potential to get higher.

Although Hill had his moments, they were far and few, and that was a good reason to move him (for what he'd get paid). He had chances to step up to a new level in his later years, but faltered. He's still a quality player and would still be good for the Spurs in some areas, but Kawhi already has a greater grasp on how to fit in the system.

Of the 3, Kawhi/Blair/Hill, Kawhi has the potential to be the star. The other two do not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Kawhi is younger, and coming out of college was known. He was only acquired through trade (lucky that Pacers had such a good spot and already had Granger and George). Kawhi's already got the best physical attributes. His work ethic is one thing that is a knowable quan y. He might not be the scorer that Hill is in his years (so far), but he's already shown presence in playoffs, in tight games that mean something. Hill looks like he's about at his ceiling while Kawhi looks like he has the potential to get higher.

Although Hill had his moments, they were far and few, and that was a good reason to move him (for what he'd get paid). He had chances to step up to a new level in his later years, but faltered. He's still a quality player and would still be good for the Spurs in some areas, but Kawhi already has a greater grasp on how to fit in the system.

Of the 3, Kawhi/Blair/Hill, Kawhi has the potential to be the star. The other two do not.
    Kawhi can be a great player in the NBA, but whether or not he's going to be the face of the franchise is really up in the air. We're talking about possibly five or six years down the road when Parker retires. It's only about an even chance that he's even on the team then.

I'd love to see it, though. I'd love to see Green still with the team as a seasoned, consistent player. , I hope Joseph is still around and has reached his potential.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is what type of player do you think he will become? What current-star would you compare him to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh...people around the league have been mentioning how Kawhi really wants to be something great in NBA. This is old news to me.

Also Kawhi should be setting goals to be a regular all-star and the future of the Spurs. Especially after Pop said "I think he’s going to be a star. And as time goes on, he’ll be the face of the Spurs, I think."(Like what was referenced to in the video).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Question is what type of player do you think he will become? What current-star would you compare him to?
    Danny Granger's offense will Paul George's defense? If Leonard gets there, then the Spurs have a good piece, but not the main piece, to a championship puzzle.

He could easy end up like Ariza, though. People forget how good Trevor was with the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And there's not unison about Leonard's future. Others have backed me up on this too. There are threads on this forum from two years ago where people were wondering if the Spurs should trade Parker and keep Hill. People thought Blair was going to finally be the big next to Duncan. It's okay to deny those opinions now, and it's okay to say you never had that opinion, but don't try to pretend like this situation with Leonard is different. It's not, and it won't be until he signs an extension in a couple of years.

You can't compare Blair and Hill to Leonard, they are both severely undersized for their position. At age 21 Kawhi is already one of the biggest and strongest SF's in the NBA, he's also got great length. Unlike them he can guard not 1, 2, or 3 positions but 4!

Hill is also SG, a position where guys are a dime a dozen, Leonard on the other hand is a SF you should know just how hard it is to get a good SF, it took SA around 5 years! Leonard's size allows him to score over nearly any defender, and board on them too. Hill? Not so much.

Don't forget Leonard was playing very well up until his injury, just now he's starting to get into rhythm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "How big are mah fingers? I'm not sure"
    LOL That was funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't compare Blair and Hill to Leonard, they are both severely undersized for their position. At age 21 Kawhi is already one of the biggest and strongest SF's in the NBA, he's also got great length. Unlike them he can guard not 1, 2, or 3 positions but 4!

Hill is also SG, a position where guys are a dime a dozen, Leonard on the other hand is a SF you should know just how hard it is to get a good SF, it took SA around 5 years! Leonard's size allows him to score over nearly any defender, and board on them too. Hill? Not so much.

Don't forget Leonard was playing very well up until his injury, just now he's starting to get into rhythm.
    I hope you're right. But in two years, you may be running from that opinion just like a lot of people are running from their previous Blair support.

Also, Hill has become the type of point-guard that Indiana needs. He's not undersized anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kawhai is playing great u can see his confidence growing daily.He and splitter r keys to the spurs postseason run

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hairston could maybe have had a chance to develop if he got a chance like Green did.

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The power's in his hair Spurs fans.

Thread Information