Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't care about this kid and don't have any regrets on the Spurs not drafting him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash talk from an enemy aside, he does look pretty damn good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy the Lakers will offer to the Spurs in hopes of trading for Vassell in a few year when Vassell becomes a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy the Lakers will offer to the Spurs in hopes of trading for Vassell in a few year when Vassell becomes a star.
    Devin’s a different kinda dude. FSU coach really wanted to red shirt him, but was talked out of it. He sat him the first five games for conditioning and weights. He was amazed. Devins’s AAU coach didn’t call. Devins’s HS coach didn’t call. Devins’s parents didn’t call. He doesn’t seem to be about the spotlight. He’s also loyal. He committed relatively early in the process to FSU, and agreed to keep it on the down low. Their scout got busted going to one of his games, and word got out. He got a number of new offers, some very attractive, but kept his commitment to FSU.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin’s a different kinda dude. FSU coach really wanted to red shirt him, but was talked out of it. He sat him the first five games for conditioning and weights. He was amazed. Devins’s AAU coach didn’t call. Devins’s HS coach didn’t call. Devins’s parents didn’t call. He doesn’t seem to be about the spotlight. He’s also loyal. He committed relatively early in the process to FSU, and agreed to keep it on the down low. Their scout got busted going to one of his games, and word got out. He got a number of new offers, some very attractive, but kept his commitment to FSU.
    I was joking but I get your point. Just saying the Lakers always offer trash when they want to steal other team's star players. From what I have seen it looks like he came from a stable nuclear family that was middle class. That usually bodes well in the sense those type of players tend to be more grounded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was impressed with this guy's performance against the Clippers. What are his supposed weaknesses and what are his strengths? is he know to be a good defender with that wingspan?

The Lakers are looking pretty stacked. I guess Marc Gasol was destined to be a Laker after all (since they are the team that drafted him). I think he's going to fit in great there with his passing skills. The other guys they've signed as well such as Harrell, and also getting Dennis Schroder have been big pickups. It looks like the Lakers have got a great chance to win a few rings here if their health holds up. Man, the bold moves have really paid off for them.

Clippers look like they've assembled a second rate team to compete with them. I think it's pretty dumb extending Paul George, but hey, we'll see, maybe he'll stop choking and reach his potential now that he is in place he actually wants to be. Kawhi's health is also a big question mark. He has to stop sitting out games if he's healthy enough to play. That destroys team morale and I would not be happy with him if I were on his team watching him take games of for no reason other than rest. If his knee/quad really is that ed up, then he needs to come out and say my quad is ed and let everyone know that a. it's degenerative (probably doesn't want to admit this if it's true because that would make the Spurs right) b. he doesn't want to play through pain (this would of course make him look soft, though) I'm just not used to players voluntarily/requesting to sit out (As far as I recall, Tim and Manu never went up to Pop and asked him to sit out, they were told to sit out/rest by Pop). I'm used to the the legends I grew up with playing through injuries and doing whatever they can to get on the court and stay on the court.
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-15-2020 at 07:14 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is 30 years old. There is no potential left. He could contribute in a different way, but as far as reaching higher peaks? I don't think so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul George is 30 years old. There is no potential left. He could contribute in a different way, but as far as reaching higher peaks? I don't think so.
    Playoff Pee.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Another good showing. 18 pts in 24 mins. It's amazing how THT seems to be light years ahead of the spurs young players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much talking because the best player in the league decided to join you guys after Kobe destroyed the franchise. The same best player y'all Lakers fans would on because he was obviously better than Kobe his whole career and he's about to tie him in ring count next year.

But Laker fan needed something to latch on to be relevant again . Us Spurs fans will stick to our 5 les and honestly would be fine with that. You know OP will still be sitting his computer 10 years from now starting threads about Spurs fans cause he has nothing better to do with his life.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Another good showing. 18 pts in 24 mins. It's amazing how THT seems to be light years ahead of the spurs young players

that big market advantage lakers have will be decimated in a couple years when spurs move the team to austin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah, he looks good. Not sure what you want us to say? What is your goal here? Are you 12?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defending champs yet still thinking about the spurs and their young guys. The insecurity of this guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, he looks good. Not sure what you want us to say? What is your goal here? Are you 12?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is worrisome that Lakers are able to find this talent in the second round, meanwhile our front office uses a top 20 pick on Luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is worrisome that Lakers are able to find this talent in the second round, meanwhile our front office uses a top 20 pick on Luka.
    I mean, you can say this about 29 other teams about 500 other prospects. No team has a legit fortune teller that could tell them to make the right pick every time. We have this 12 year old bragging about one prospect like if anyone cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is showcasing him to use him as trade bait the moment adversity hits.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, they missed the playoffs for 6 straight years and had top 5 picks routinely and only managed 100% non all star players from those picks, though BI made it last year with NO. Plus they get their pick of the best free agents based on nothing more than geography.

Try harder at finding a team to compare to our front office.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I mean, you can say this about 29 other teams about 500 other prospects. No team has a legit fortune teller that could tell them to make the right pick every time. We have this 12 year old bragging about one prospect like if anyone cares.
    spurs kept hiring scouting guys from failed organizations ............spurs have no one to blame for the terrible scouting but themselves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never going to be a superstar. So I don't see why any Spur fans would lose sleep over not having him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's never going to be a superstar. So I don't see why any Spur fans would lose sleep over not having him.
    He’s just another over-hyped Laker pup that will drop off the face of the earth once they inevitably get rid of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a Spur. There should be a rule to not allow or put in the same thread with non-Spur players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is worrisome that the Spurs are able to find Keldon Johnson with the 29th pick, while the Lakers' front office picks Lonzo Ball with the #2 pick.

You can play this game all day, tbh, but the Spurs are one of the teams you'll run out of examples with the quickest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s just another over-hyped Laker pup that will drop off the face of the earth once they inevitably get rid of him.
    Agreed. He's dominating preseason but in my eyes that doesn't count. Plenty of scrubs have dominated preseason and then faded away once the regular season started. No one has the scouting report on this kid so it will be interesting to see how he responds once there is a scouting report on him.

Thread Information