Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Diaw when he was young was taking quarters off the top of backboards.
    Yeah its kinda of funny but there are like 2 Diaws both very different the first one was him being drafted a young very skinny PG/SG the dude would fly all over the court extremely athletic had some monster dunks though sometimes played out of control and he probably weighed 190pds. The second Diaw 2.0 had bulked up/ate up his way to Point Forward the game had slowed down he would pick his spots as far as scoring but it’s his ball IQ and passing that really came to the front and he was weighing around 250 pds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko is such a boom/bust prospect and exactly the kind of swing the Spurs should take on 2nd round picks.
    He has elite vision and some other great physical attributes, but his shot is trash.
    If he can’t fix it he’s out of the league quickly.
    If the shot can be rebuilt he’ll play for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron couldnt shoot during his first three years either tbh

he nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cidy needs to run point. Put the kid through Austin and intense dribbling camp and shooting camp.

He's like our 6'9" version of Magic. And his defense as a 6'9" PG to go along with the length behind him immediately makes our team light-years better on defense
    He's not fast enough to play PG, I think he's more of a point forward. Very interesting player, he needs to learn to shoot, if he does he's an absolute steal. Indeed some of his drives are LeBronesque. I keep bringing up Walsh, but regardless of my griping, he was a very smart gamble.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not fast enough to play PG, I think he's more of a point forward. Very interesting player, he needs to learn to shoot, if he does he's an absolute steal. Indeed some of his drives are LeBronesque. I keep bringing up Walsh, but regardless of my griping, he was a very smart gamble.
    is he as fast as luka?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this highlight isnt gonna do him justice. He had some nifty passes where his teammates missed the shot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to keep this kid in the fold. Lots to like. Tremendous instincts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to keep this kid in the fold. Lots to like. Tremendous instincts.

his passing and ball handling are really good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his passing and ball handling are really good
    Kinda rudimentary, though, and predictable. He threw the same bounce pocket pass like 5 times in a row, and the last two got picked,and taken other way. He needs to mix it up a bit more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a lot of promise. We may see him back and forth throughout the season. G-League with some actual instruction will help expand his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we might see a scenario where Cissoko has to go back to his overseas team for part of the season and the Spurs bring in him later in the year. If the team still keeps some cap space, they could sign him to a Hinkie special at that time. Sidy gets even more money, since his former team would have to pay him; his overseas team gets a buyout while still getting Cissoko for what could be most of their season; the Spurs get to keep leverage over other teams who might want one of their expiring vets. I think it's unlikely that the Spurs keeps all those guys past camp, but if they're playing well it could happen. Like Sidy showed some things, I don't know if he showed enough for the Spurs to bypass a draft pick or two they could get from trading a vet later on. That's not even taking into account one of those guys might end up helping on the court.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of his passes are Jokicesque

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if we might see a scenario where Cissoko has to go back to his overseas team for part of the season and the Spurs bring in him later in the year. If the team still keeps some cap space, they could sign him to a Hinkie special at that time. Sidy gets even more money, since his former team would have to pay him; his overseas team gets a buyout while still getting Cissoko for what could be most of their season; the Spurs get to keep leverage over other teams who might want one of their expiring vets. I think it's unlikely that the Spurs keeps all those guys past camp, but if they're playing well it could happen. Like Sidy showed some things, I don't know if he showed enough for the Spurs to bypass a draft pick or two they could get from trading a vet later on. That's not even taking into account one of those guys might end up helping on the court.
    Baskonia's GM already said he was getting a deal with 2 guaranteed years and paying the buyout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talk about high IQ player. Literally the only thing he's missing is a consistent jumper. Steal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baskonia's GM already said he was getting a deal with 2 guaranteed years and paying the buyout.
    The fact that it's a two-year deal sort of lends credence to the idea it may not happen until well into the season. The reason being is that the Spurs can and honestly should ask for a three- or four-year deal with little guaranteed money if they are paying a buyout and everything. A two-year deal is way more player friendly than Cissoko has warranted -- unless the Spurs have no intention of signing him with cap space. Both the min exception and room exceptions only allow for two-year deals, but they can both be used after the start of the season. I do think it's more likely than not he'll be on the Spurs for camp. But looking at their roster crunch, it may be something they're working out.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    talk about high IQ player. Literally the only thing he's missing is a consistent jumper. Steal
    Let's hire back Chip England and we will have the real Diaw 2.0. (Slow mo was never Diaw 2.0)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that it's a two-year deal sort of lends credence to the idea it may not happen until well into the season. The reason being is that the Spurs can and honestly should ask for a three- or four-year deal with little guaranteed money if they are paying a buyout and everything. A two-year deal is way more player friendly than Cissoko has warranted -- unless the Spurs have no intention of signing him with cap space. Both the min exception and room exceptions only allow for two-year deals, but they can both be used after the start of the season. I do think it's more likely than not he'll be on the Spurs for camp. But looking at their roster crunch, it may be something they're working out.
    To be honest the wording he used is also compatible with a longer contract with only the first 2 years being guaranteed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it! Play him at point guard and leave him there the whole year. His handle and passing is better than any recent point guard prospect we’ve had. His defense will be “A” ok.
    I love this board…..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never learn Miss Cleo
    And this guy is the gift who keeps giving…….. page 10! You make me smile on a busy Monday

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sidy will end up being a decent to good shooter at minimum….book it! The kid is untapped.
    Good thing his coach just basically said the same thing……..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this guy is the gift who keeps giving…….. page 10! You make me smile on a busy Monday
    I like the kid but he ain’t no PG. great pick. Spurs should have picked ur boy Primo in the third round

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People going over board because he hit two shots.

Sidy is not a PG.

He still sucks
    Rascal being rascal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the kid but he ain’t no PG. great pick. Spurs should have picked ur boy Primo in the third round
    If he pulls his out we’re in that Primo boat whether you like him or not………. You jump from meat to meat so I never know where you sit on the matter ( dudes stand btw ). Back to not fooling with you, I don’t like cornballs.

Thread Information