Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Jaylin, the kid out of Arkansas I think. Not Jalen the one out of Santa Clara

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smith, Green, and Sengun. The future is looking bright for the Rockets. I better enjoy the $5 tix while I can ( ing Houston ) bc pretty soon they are gonna be a playoff team. And by soon i mean 3 years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With KD & Kyrie about to be shipped out and the Nets about to be horrendous for years to come…

We’re fooked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With KD & Kyrie about to be shipped out and the Nets about to be horrendous for years to come…

We’re fooked

5 years from now the Rockets Thunder and hopefully the Spurs will have 10 All-Stars in their rotation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We’re fooked

Swaps will require the Rockets to become a sure-fire playoff team, which is unclear.

I would guess the swaps give them a handful of spots at most. It all depends on what the Nets get in return for Durbeta and whether Sean Marks stays on. If Marks stays, he's shrewd enough to field a decent team, which is what he did in the first place, picking Carys Lavert, Spencer Dinwiddie, and D'Angelo Russell off the dung heap.

I will say the Rockets have been drafting pretty well, but like OKC, their real assets have come from their own top picks from being awful, not the ones anyone else has given them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nets can still field a decent team if they play it right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We’re fooked

Good thing about the swaps is that Houston will likely be picking in the lotto, at least for the 2023 draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swaps are extremely overrated.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wanted the spurs to tank when it was obvious kawhi wasn't gonna play with the spurs again.

instead they went the demar route. and traded dejounte murray for picks from a team that may be top 5 in their conference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swaps are extremely overrated.
    If you're trading a star player to a team, a short term swap is meaningless. An UNPROTECTED, LONG TERM swap is VERY valuable, however. Such assembled teams usually don't have such a long lifespan. I think the Spurs played their cards right pushing the swap to 2026.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    if the nets go full rebuild:
    Basically, the Rockets have every Nets first-round draft pick until 2027, all unprotected, or the right to swap first-rounders if the Nets have the better pick.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-houston-rockets-trade-request-draft-picks-nba-212014882.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz gonna tank next year too when Ja gets hurt. They already lost jjj. Imagine them getting a top 3 pick to go along their core

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grizz gonna tank next year too when Ja gets hurt. They already lost jjj. Imagine them getting a top 3 pick to go along their core
    Are you kidding me? They basically didn't skip a beat with Ja out. JJJ might be back by february. Also, they just drafted LaRavia and Roddy. AND they kept Tyus Jones. They'll be a playoff team even with those 2 out.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Are you kidding me? They basically didn't skip a beat with Ja out.
    it was pretty crazy how well they played without ja.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

OKC is going to be far better far sooner than anyone would have guessed. Chet with 6 blocks tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

OKC is going to be far better far sooner than anyone would have guessed. Chet with 6 blocks tonight.
    B-but he’s too skinny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a loaded group of youngsters with still a butt load of picks.

Same thing can be said of Rockets.

Meanwhile Mavs and Grizzlies are clear playoff teams.

We should have no problem having our ass handed to us in our division.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    the best all-time thread on spurtalk?

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real though the Pelicans look like trash without a lot of ways to fix their problems.
    You're wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pels will be nice if Zion stays healthy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, as Golden State starts to age, Phoenix implodes and the Lakers do whatever they end up doing, the division has the potential to be the strongest division in a couple of three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, as Golden State starts to age, Phoenix implodes and the Lakers do whatever they end up doing, the division has the potential to be the strongest division in a couple of three years.
    No doubt. Which aside from getting someone like Wembanyama, we're likely going to be stuck at or near the bottom for awhile before we can climb our way back to the top.

The following scenario of a road trip through a Ja led Memphis team, followed by a Zion led NO team, then onto a Luka led Mavs team, then a young and extremely athletic Rockets team, and then finally onto an increasingly potential juggernaut in OKC before heading home is increasingly cringeworthy. Thing is, most of those teams not only have superstars manning their helm, they're loaded with lots of long and athletic depth. And in the case of OKC, the Rockets, and to a lesser extent Memphis and NO, they are chock full of really great picks.

We could be in for a really bleak, historically period of Spur success. Wembanyama to me is the primary avenue to avert that. Unless the team suddenly develops the ability to get FAs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bump.

Against kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Summer league means crap in a vau . Some guys shone and flopped in the NBA, some were meh then boomed.

Hey, not saying Chet ain't gonna be a-right.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

Thread Information