Page 18 of 336 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topić or Risacher would seem to be spursy players that they would be interested in.
    Best case scenario is the Raptors fail at tanking and the Spurs wind up with both.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Topić or Risacher would seem to be spursy players that they would be interested in.
    The team is full of Spursy players. Time to get some athleticism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report just came out with a new mock where they have us picking Nikola Topic with the 2nd pick and then picking Ryan Dunn with the 10th pick. I am starting to lean more to picking Nikola as he just is such a great PG and is a player that could really bring out Wemby's potential on the offensive side. I go back and forth with Ryan Vs. Cody Williams but I kind of think with the new era of basketball if you can't be an offensive threat you’re not going to get much floor time.
    I’d be pleased with this outcome the more i watch Topic. Loving the SGA comp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best case scenario is the Raptors fail at tanking and the Spurs wind up with both.
    Don’t think so. Both of these guys are gonna get levered up just like Bilal did last year. I do think someone like Matas or Holland could drop to the 8-10 range, which could be interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t think so. Both of these guys are gonna get levered up just like Bilal did last year. I do think someone like Matas or Holland could drop to the 8-10 range, which could be interesting.
    Imo Holland is a lock for the top 5 at least

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw Cody #1 in a mock today. There's going to be a ton of volatility. Reed Sheppard way up there, but he could just be another Steve Alford. As always, good scouting and not trying to get too clever will be crucial.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw Cody #1 in a mock today. There's going to be a ton of volatility. Reed Sheppard way up there, but he could just be another Steve Alford. As always, good scouting and not trying to get too clever will be crucial.
    Sheppard is a shorter McDermott, all shooting, no D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do folks think about Matas? Haven’t watched him much.

I think the best fit with Sochan and Wembs up front would be a Jabari Smith type: catch a shoot type with size and decent defense, and doesn’t need the ball. Is Matas in that mold?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    doubt we get raptors pick....They are bad

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do folks think about Matas? Haven’t watched him much.

I think the best fit with Sochan and Wembs up front would be a Jabari Smith type: catch a shoot type with size and decent defense, and doesn’t need the ball. Is Matas in that mold?
    Depends on who your point guard is. Matas is tall, can playmake some, is sort of a smart off ball guy, but isn't really a point of attack guy or a plus defender in any way. If you draft someone weak on D and strong at playmaking (Topic), then probably no. If you draft someone who's decent at D and less so at playmaking (Castle), then probably yes. But honestly even though they're not that close, the closest guy to Jabari Smith in this draft is probably Risacher. Followed by Dunn if he actually develops a jump shot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d be pleased with this outcome the more i watch Topic. Loving the SGA comp.
    This guy turning into SGA on offense would be so good with Wemby. The tall initiator - lengthy rim protector combo is going to dominate the league for the next 10 years. You've got Luka-Lively in Dallas, SGA-Chet in OKC. Spurs could be better than both of them with Topic-Wemby.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard is a shorter McDermott, all shooting, no D.
    Have to disagree right now the kid is a gunslinger on offense with regards to his 3 ball and his free throw percentages- As far as defense he is far from bad he is pretty good for his size and has one of the highest steal rate in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hope Reed is a shorter Austin Reeves, I guess. Not my preference. But we'll see. Open to change my mind. Curious about Alex Starr as a top target. Seems unexpected in that point guard is a priority but if they draft hight, they might prioritize size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hope Reed is a shorter Austin Reeves, I guess. Not my preference. But we'll see. Open to change my mind. Curious about Alex Starr as a top target. Seems unexpected in that point guard is a priority but if they draft hight, they might prioritize size.
    My question about Sarr is,why leave France,which has a really good league to go play in the NBL which, while popular with the young Americans and Canadians, is about on par with the Adriatic.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still like Castle. The injury set him back some so let's see how he looks in a couple weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's stupid to think because a player has good athleticism then he has to have poor BBIQ. Castle plays for UCONN and they are one of the best coached teams in college basketball. I don't see a player with poor BBIQ running pg for UCONN.
    Castle is already projected in the top 5.
    No one said high athleticism= low BBIQ. Stop with the straw man arguments.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cody Williams is really good apprently

I friend of mine fan off the Buffs raves about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rob Dillingham Kentucky highlights:

https://youtu.be/RDIGdheHsFg?si=3EeHqXGK3wHHWa2-

Insane quickness, handles, hesitation moves, passing vision. Shot looks workable. Small stature. But definitely a target to consider.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he was 3 inches taller he would be a top 5 pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo Sarr can be a very good complement to Victor while giving the Spurs something they need with that rim protector, rebounder....maybe too high if we draft top 3 tough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m interested what learnings the line up shift to 1 center + 4 non-PGs (exactly a quarter into the season btw), will yield. If it goes “better” than the two big line up to start the season, then I can see the case for a Risacher or Holland with the natural pick and a PG coming with the TOR pick.

I’m also encouraged by the line up change, and wonder if the “final” line up change at the half way point will be to finally play Tre at PG, Vic at C, with the other 3 we’d expext to start along side them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pistons, Spurs, and Wizards are a combined 1-48 in their last 49 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Win Wizz with Pistons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t believe what I just read..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who I could see them selecting, based on current projections . . .

Natural pick, if they're top 3-5: Risacher, Topic, if beyond: Walter

If Raptors 1st conveys and if mid lottery: Walter, Buzelis, if late lottery: Proctor, Carrington, Dunn

Collier seems the virtual an hesis of a Spur and I don't see them investing heavily in a C (Sarr, Clinigan), when they just got the best prospect at it in 26 years or a poor shooter without lead creator potential (Holland, Castle).
    Drafting Wemby has no impact on selecting Sarr at all.

Thread Information