Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope that Wemby remembers his franchise deliberately tanking his ROTY efforts this year.

If he wants to reach the heights that he set for himself before his NBA career, it's clear he needs to go to a first rate organization. Not this clown show that Timmy and Ginobili propped up for years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't go anywhere for FOUR years so what's the point of even envision that.

PATFO knows it and probably don't care if he leaves then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He can't go anywhere for FOUR years so what's the point of even envision that.

PATFO knows it and probably don't care if he leaves then
    If this re ed FO doesn't care if he leaves in 4 years then the Holts or whomever need to nuke the outta them

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs value already gained 1 billion

+ In PATFO's mind they probably think that this 1st season will be forgoten

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean there's one guy that should never forget this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For all those saying ROTY doesn't matter, yes it doesn't on the long run but IT DOES in a tanking season to give him a sort of short term purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc head coach is letting Chet play is the difference.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet is so ing mid it’s insane. He’s a disgustingly bad rebounder for his size. Had 3 rebounds tonight against Capela who had 14.

Put this system player on the Spurs and we’d be winless. Put Wemby on that superteam with a top 5 player in the world next to him and it’s legitimately over for the league.

It’s a shame no one talks about him being a 21yr old fake rookie like they did with Ben Simmons. Can’t qWhite put my finger on why that is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet got benched in the 4Q of the Hawks game. Hawks were targeting him on defense with Jalen Johnson. I can’t imagine a team running plays to challenge Wemby on defense.

If team record and efficiency are all of a sudden determining factors in ROTY then knock yourself out and give it to Chet. I think he’s a good player but not a generational one. I keep hearing that and I’m not buying it.

Wemby is having a great season despite the absolute awful roster. Spurs failed him with that.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would Wemby be able to block Jalen Johnson?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I mean, Ja got Wemby pretty bad the other day. This is gonna happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I mean, Ja got Wemby pretty bad the other day. This is gonna happen.
    of course, this is going to happen, with any big that is not reluctant to defend like Victor.

but about the Morant dunk, i find it very exaggerated. He absolutely didn't dunk on Victor, rather he took him with his speed to dunk it. I find the narrative on this dunk really out of proportion when you see the actual play. guess that Morant acting like he won a trophy after the dunk has something to do with it.

and i didn't like either the narrative of "Victor met morant". They've actually met sooner in the game, in one of the first play and Morant was badly blocked in a very Wemby's fashion where the ball get stucked and his team get the ball back and it ended with a 3 pts play IIRC.

To be honest, it's one of the thing that has been the most surprising for me about Victor debut in the NBA: with all the hype around him, his insane height, his defensive reputation, i thought that with the level of talent and athletism that exist in the NBA, he would be targeted and quite logically posterised regularly: it has not really happen very often instead. Good, even if it's not the most important thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dunk from Ja on/near Wemby is the most overrated, oversold dunk that ever happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dunk from Ja on/near Wemby is the most overrated, oversold dunk that ever happened
    Seriously

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bigs that aggressively try to block every shot are going to get dunked on a lot

mourning was a shotblocking monster who has all kind of highlight reels of him getting dunked on, including this one which is prob my favorite in-game dunk of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs tanking should also coincide with a concerted effort to build up Wemby's stats. If we're losing anyway, let's do all we can to help the rook at least feel like he's accomplished something in this wasted year of his career.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Spurs tanking should also coincide with a concerted effort to build up Wemby's stats. If we're losing anyway, let's do all we can to help the rook at least feel like he's accomplished something in this wasted year of his career.
    Padding stats does nothing. The focus should be on actual improvement from him as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Could we get Thread and Team Parrot from the political forum to dedicate his spamming to voting for Wemby for a spell?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Padding stats does nothing. The focus should be on actual improvement from him as well.
    You can't improve if you aren't touching the ball.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a joke to see SGA not one of the top two guards

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet got Rookie Of The Month again for December. That was shocking to me, I thought Wemby had the better month. The Spurs are doing Wemby absolutely no favors.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing surprising tbh, the "it's Chet's to lose" regarding the ROY narrative has been in every medias for a while now

Team results is the new rule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course, this is going to happen, with any big that is not reluctant to defend like Victor.

but about the Morant dunk, i find it very exaggerated. He absolutely didn't dunk on Victor, rather he took him with his speed to dunk it. I find the narrative on this dunk really out of proportion when you see the actual play. guess that Morant acting like he won a trophy after the dunk has something to do with it.

and i didn't like either the narrative of "Victor met morant". They've actually met sooner in the game, in one of the first play and Morant was badly blocked in a very Wemby's fashion where the ball get stucked and his team get the ball back and it ended with a 3 pts play IIRC.

To be honest, it's one of the thing that has been the most surprising for me about Victor debut in the NBA: with all the hype around him, his insane height, his defensive reputation, i thought that with the level of talent and athletism that exist in the NBA, he would be targeted and quite logically posterised regularly: it has not really happen very often instead. Good, even if it's not the most important thing.
    Truth!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was fabulous!
    Milwaukee game.

I don't care if his coach is a re and has zero BBIQ that massively holds Wama down.
    And i love Chet.

Wama is ROY hands down thus far.

Thread Information