Page 137 of 341 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 8515
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shepperd probably is the kind of shooter who will bend defenses with his gravity, which only the elite of the elite do like Korver or Duncan Robinson

Man, if Korver's wife hadn't killed his signing with SA forcing them to go with Marco, that team could have won more. Defenses never treated Marco like they did Korver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shepperd probably is the kind of shooter who will bend defenses with his gravity, which only the elite of the elite do like Korver or Duncan Robinson

Man, if Korver's wife hadn't killed his signing with SA forcing them to go with Marco, that team could have won more. Defenses never treated Marco like they did Korver
    Never heard about Korver's wife red lining SA. What are the details?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets are currently slotted at the 11th pick. With Sengun out (assuming) the rest of the season, they’re not going to win many more games imo. OKC’s about to get another top-10 pick.
    Utah has already protected their pick from OKC, and I would howl if, as long as we finish with a better pick, Houston dropped like a rock,jumped into the top 4, and sent two seconds to OKC. Just don’t understand why Houston bought players last summer when this is OKC’s last shot at the 1-4 protected pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard about Korver's wife red lining SA. What are the details?
    It's an old rumor from back in the day, it was allegedly a done deal until the wife got involved and RC said no problem stay in Atlanta after Korver was backing out. Seemed credible but I don't remember more than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's an old rumor from back in the day, it was allegedly a done deal until the wife got involved and RC said no problem stay in Atlanta after Korver was backing out. Seemed credible but I don't remember more than that
    we should build a statue of jason kidds wife for convincing him on not signing in SA. I truley believe that would have been Duncans only 2 rings without Ginobili & Parker. I doubt we coulda kept them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched the Salaün/Risacher game last Saturday but Risacher has been underwhelming lately with a lot of bad or average games. Even if he has been either #1 or #2 in most of the recent mock drafts, I don't think he's really better than some other prospects and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropping in mock drafts if he doesn't play better. That's just the weirdness of this draft, there isn't a single player who looks like an usual top 3 pick, and that includes Risacher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Posting this in here too since it’ll definitely effect the rockets draft positioning (OKC owns their FRP this season):

Gnarly looking injury for Sengun. Sucks tbh. At the tail end of the game no less. I imagine he’s done for the season and likely much longer.

Because everyone knows prayers heal people or affect the course your life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ It's America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sheppard doesn't even bend defenses with his shooting now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sheppard doesn't even bend defenses with his shooting now.
    Well, given that he's shooting 53% from 3, maybe he should, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched the Salaün/Risacher game last Saturday but Risacher has been underwhelming lately with a lot of bad or average games. Even if he has been either #1 or #2 in most of the recent mock drafts, I don't think he's really better than some other prospects and I wouldn't be surprised to see him dropping in mock drafts if he doesn't play better. That's just the weirdness of this draft, there isn't a single player who looks like an usual top 3 pick, and that includes Risacher.
    DAF86 your god has spoken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DAF86 your god has spoken
    I was already aware Risacher wasn't doing too hot, but every prospect this year is up and down. The frenchman still remains my top prospect because of skillset, physical traits and positional need, tbh.

Even if he turns out to be a stiff that shoots the 3 at a decent clip, he would still be more serviceable than Samanic 2.0, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, given that he's shooting 53% from 3, maybe he should, tbh.
    He doesn't in large part because he can't get his shot off when someone is near him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the Spurs starting to win because they don't see their guy in the top 3?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think they lost a lot early on so they'd be in a position to show progress and win some at the end of the season (and still keep a worse record than TOR).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't in large part because he can't get his shot off when someone is near him.
    Well, that should be even more reason to have guys near him and don't let him take wide open shots, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that should be even more reason to have guys near him and don't let him take wide open shots, tbh.
    That's not really gravity though. If a defender is just in the general area, he's more or less handled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not really gravity though. If a defender is just in the general area, he's more or less handled.
    That's not really true, though. It is true that Sheppard plays more of a complementary role to Dillingham, but Reed has shown plenty of instances of great shot creation for himself and others. I can't post youtube vids right now, but his 32 pts performance is a great evidence of what I'm saying. He's just as elite on 3's off the dribble and coming off screens as he's in catch and shoot looks.

The kid has shown flashes of being able to handle a bigger offensive load, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KOC and the ringer now have spurs taking Reed at #1. That settles it for me, I retract everything good I said about him, dudes going to be a bust for sure

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it

They are just hitting more shots the last few games.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh well, Kidd's wife thankfully killed his signing here. You win some, you lose some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KOC and the ringer now have spurs taking Reed at #1. That settles it for me, I retract everything good I said about him, dudes going to be a bust for sure
    Seems to have moved him quickly down to 2. I guess he got too many "WTF bro" DMs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not really true, though. It is true that Sheppard plays more of a complementary role to Dillingham, but Reed has shown plenty of instances of great shot creation for himself and others. I can't post youtube vids right now, but his 32 pts performance is a great evidence of what I'm saying. He's just as elite on 3's off the dribble and coming off screens as he's in catch and shoot looks.

The kid has shown flashes of being able to handle a bigger offensive load, tbh.
    Nah, man. He really can't get his shot off against a competent defender. He's good at backing up and driving past defenders, definitely, but there's a limit to what he does at that point. As mentioned above, he's taken fewer shots in the paint than Dillingham has total makes, and Dillingham isn't exactly a great finisher.

Sheppard can absolutely take advantage of a defense that is scrambling and moving around or in transition. What he cannot do is self-create much out of a stand-still. Gravity is what Damian Lillard provides -- drawing multiple defenders to have to handle him. If Sheppard has a competent defender on him, he's not getting his shot off.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, man. He really can't get his shot off against a competent defender. He's good at backing up and driving past defenders, definitely, but there's a limit to what he does at that point. As mentioned above, he's taken fewer shots in the paint than Dillingham has total makes, and Dillingham isn't exactly a great finisher.

Sheppard can absolutely take advantage of a defense that is scrambling and moving around or in transition. What he cannot do is self-create much out of a stand-still. Gravity is what Damian Lillard provides -- drawing multiple defenders to have to handle him. If Sheppard has a competent defender on him, he's not getting his shot off.
    I agree with this. He's not a true advantage creator. I also wouldn't classify him as a movement shooter like Duncan Robinson or Kyle Korver both because of his size and because I haven't really seen him shoot while he's off-balance. What he does seem to be very good about is recognizing how and when to take advantage of small gaps to get open, very quickly recognizing advantage situations, and he seems to be pretty good at utilizing a screen to get himself open. Ultimately, that plays very well into the spurs offensive system and he's an excellent fit for what they try and do offensively. I would have a really really hard time taking him top 3 though, and #1 overall seems absolutely crazy to me.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what's worse, them mocking Sheppard #1 or Holland #5. At least it's the first mock I have seen that has Walters going at a reasonable number (16) though.

Thread Information