Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there a way to put youtube on ignore?
    #!=/#!@$ mother er.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

People are very very very very slowly starting to see some kind of truth on Obama. And this is without the public knowing about the signature strikes and double tap drones that kill first responders and people that we don't know who they are.

"A majority of voters believe President Obama has been no better than his immediate predecessor, President George W. Bush, when it comes to balancing national security with the protection of civil liberties, according to a new poll for The Hill.
    Thirty-seven percent of voters argue that Obama has been worse than Bush while 15 percent say he has been "about the same."*

Is President Obama worse than President Bush when it comes to national security and civil liberties? What do Americans think about his usage of drones? New poll numbers out, showing Obama's current numbers-- how different are they from just a year ago. Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

*Read more from The Hill: http://thehill.com/polls/282147-hill-...

TYT: Obama Worse Than Bush?

Holy shyt. Damn, Cenk Uygur says exactly what I have been saying. He really torches the Democrats and the public for their hypocrisy, stupidity and gullibility.

TYT: America Loves Drone Attacks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is without the public knowing about the signature strikes and double tap drones that kill first responders and people that we don't know who they are.
    how'd you find out about all that? I seem to recall reading something in the MSM. . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you treating the American citizen as being more special than the Pakistanis?
    rhetorical expedience. we're not more special than Pakistanis, but we generally think ourselves so.

it's not realistic (or particularly persuasive) to appeal to sympathy for the lives of Pakistanis. We do not give a .

Americans are keen on themselves, so maybe that's a slightly better pitch.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how'd you find out about all that? I seem to recall reading something in the MSM. . .
    He doesn't read the msm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

it's not realistic (or particularly persuasive) to appeal to sympathy for the lives of Pakistanis. We do not give a .

Americans are keen on themselves, so maybe that's a slightly better pitch.
    a pitch to do what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to posters on this board.

not sure what's to be done beyond sharing info and trying to persuade. what are you doing about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The study done by NYU and Stanford Law professors. The "Living Under Drones" do entary. Democracy Now, A few articles and other alternative news, I'll post one of the articles form Daily Kos though (which includes links to others), and Cenk Uyger reported on it back then. I'll repost his report on it. Again, I have talked about the difference on how they would torch Bush in msm, but stay mostly silent on Obama, there is a difference, MAJOR difference. And of course it was ignored during the election and debates. And let's be honest, the majority of the population believes what they actually see covered on msm national television. Many articles, but noone cared until MSNBC ran the story on tv last week. They already slowed down on the story too, even though it's huge enough for impeachment and criminal charges lol Jeremy Scahill told the story on MSNBC, but they ignored it after that. With all due respect, you act like telling part of the story is the same as telling the whole story. There is nowhere near the amount of publicity this should be getting.

================================================== ==================================================

by Cindy Casella
    Thu Dec 20, 2012

NYU student Josh Begley is tweeting every reported U.S. drone strike since 2002, and the feed highlights a disturbing tactic employed by the U.S. that is widely considered a war crime. Known as the "double tap," the tactic involves bombing a target multiple times in relatively quick succession, meaning that the second strike often hits first responders.
    A strike against rescuers, a notorious terrorist tactic, is horrifically exposed in "Collateral Murder," a war crime video that Private Bradley Manning allegedly sent to Wikileaks, for which he was arrested and tortured in prison.

Glenn Greenwald wrote a Salon article, U.S. again bombs mourners: The Obama policy of attacking rescuers and grieving rituals continues this weekend in Pakistan in June of this year.
    The MSM hardly covers drone war crimes, a subject that is equally below the radar on DailyKos and other progressive websites.

Polman wrote this thought provoking op-ed, The silence from liberals on the drone war.

I’m amazed that so few Americans — most notably, so few liberals — have protested his secretive remote-control assassination program. Drones have killed 3,000 people in Yemen and Pakistan, including collateral-damage civilians, but the actual numbers are secret. So is the process. We don’t know anything about the rules of engagement, how people wind up on Obama’s hit list, who reviews the evidence, and what criteria are applied to that evidence.

The Fifth Amendment to the Cons ution states that “No person shall be . . . deprived of life . . . without due process of law.” Drones are inimical to due process. It would be nice to know how the administration’s lawyers have addressed that conundrum in legal memos. Those memos exist, but they remain classified. The Obama team is reportedly writing rules for itself, a set of standards and procedures, but we may never know whether these rules are scrupulously followed, or even what they are.

Back in May 2009, Obama vowed that his national security actions would be transparent, so that Americans could “make informed judgments and hold us accountable.” But nearly four years and hundreds of drone strikes later, his actions bring to mind the remark Michael Corleone utters near the end of The Godfather Part II: “If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it’s that you can kill anybody.”

Where is the sympathy for victims of drones in Pakistan? Where is the outrage about the slaughter of innocent civilians by drones? Where are the makeshift teddy bear memorials and flowers for the 168 children killed in drone strikes in Pakistan since start of campaign?

George Monbiot writes about this hypocisy in the Guardian, In the US, mass child killings are tragedies. In Pakistan, mere bug splats: Barack Obama's tears for the children of Newtown are in stark contrast to his silence over the children murdered by his drones

"Mere words cannot match the depths of your sorrow, nor can they heal your wounded hearts … These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change." Every parent can connect with what President Barack Obama said about the murder of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. There can scarcely be a person on earth with access to the media who is untouched by the grief of the people of that town.

It must follow that what applies to the children murdered there by a deranged young man also applies to the children murdered in Pakistan by a sombre American president. These children are just as important, just as real, just as deserving of the world's concern. Yet there are no presidential speeches or presidential tears for them, no pictures on the front pages of the world's newspapers, no interviews with grieving relatives, no minute analysis of what happened and why.
    If the victims of Mr Obama's drone strikes are mentioned by the state at all, they are discussed in terms which suggest that they are less than human. The people who operate the drones, Rolling Stone magazine reports, describe their casualties as "bug splats", "since viewing the body through a grainy-green video image gives the sense of an insect being crushed". Or they are reduced to vegetation: justifying the drone war, Obama's counterterrorism adviser Bruce Riedel explained that "you've got to mow the lawn all the time. The minute you stop mowing, the grass is going to grow back".

The children killed by drones in Pakistan are not "bug splats," and they and all the innocent people killed by drone strikes, their friends, and families deserve just as much sympathy as the loved ones mourning the loss of American elementary school children recently killed by an assault weapon here at home.

The Pakistani children share something else in common with the Connecticut children other than the "Made in America" violence that took their lives: the role played by political action committees (PACs) in their tragic deaths. The NRA and the military industrial complex control the majority of our Congressmen, which is why they avoid doing anything about gun control and the illegal drone war.

We, the people, need to take back our country to protect innocent lives from heartless corporations who sell and manufacture weapons of mass murder that kill innocent children here and abroad.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/1...-Any-sympathy#

==================================================

Of course these issues weren't covered during the debates or the msm on television which is what really counts

TYT: Double Tap Drones and Murdering Medical responders

Living Under Drones Do entary
    (covers how media ignores the truth on civilian casualties, double taps, etc)

Jeremy Scahill tried telling the story on MSNBC about the White House trying to lie and cover up the bombing in Yemen which murdered 21 women and 14 children, they lied and tried blaming it on the Yemeni government, of course MSNBC waited until after the election to make any issues of drones. What Jeremy told them should have had them wake up at that moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not sure what's to be done beyond sharing info and trying to persuade. what are you doing about it?
    I attend and organize protests, have written letters to Representatives, and more. I will be meeting with a local Democratic Representative (that shall remain nameless for now) and he asked me to speak at a convention soon attended by Democrats on this issue, he plans to help me bring more Democrats to this issue. He agrees that Dems have ignored it.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why nameless?

Which protests?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I attend and organize protests, have written letters to Representatives, and more. I will be meeting with a local Democratic Representative (that shall remain nameless for now) and he asked me to speak at a convention soon attended by Democrats on this issue, he plans to help me bring more Democrats to this issue.
    Bon chance, SA210.

Bringing more Democrats to the issue. I feel confident you and your mentor can deliver.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bon chance, SA210.

Bringing more Democrats to the issue. I feel confident you and your mentor can deliver.
    He isn't my mentor. I came to him with disgust for the Democrats silence, and him knowing this has invited me, because he agrees. But thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    among newly disillusioned young Dems, for example. they'd eat it that up.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 02-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The study done by NYU and Stanford Law professors.
    you found out in late 2012? were you in a cave just before that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm not pitching anything per se.

Simply verbalizing my observation about the elitism of cons ution waving Americans in this case.

Again, I find the elitism in this particular case disgusting and all I really want to do is point it out here. Nothing more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and I hope you will find a more suitable bucket in which to expel your vaporous, foul smelling breath. your dalliance with ST was not altogether to your credit.

your exertions might find a more accepting audience elsewhere. among newly disillusioned young Dems, for example. they'd eat it that up.
    Don't hate just because you feel you don't do enough. What a way to ruin a thread. If you learned to get away from the pc for a change you might be able to do more. The problem in Spurstalk is some of you guys don't like being told the truth, and don't like being taken out of your comfort zone. You keep lying that msm is all over these issues when you know damn well they aren't. The TV media barely started covering the issue consistently last week, now its already fading away. No matter what you say Obama IS a war criminal. lol Jesus you got butthurt for some reason, you sound like another troll that never got over me owning him in a 9/11 thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you found out in late 2012? were you in a cave just before that?
    Well I know you were on the internet not having a life at either time, but no, I cited their study to show they were out telling this story while TV ignored it. Nice try though vomit breathe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever you say, Rip van Winkle

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever you say, Rip van Winkle
    Thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I know you were on the internet not having a life at either time, but no, I cited their study to show they were out telling this story while TV ignored it. Nice try though vomit breathe
    since you've been ignoring my posts, you continue to miss the MSM article I posted that's from 2011.

It's strange, but I may put SA210 on ignore just so I can avoid this daily avalanche of unwatchable youtubes and lame memes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't read the msm.
    yeah, right . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. he just watches it on TV . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...then lies about it later on a bulletin board. par the course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...then lies about it later on a bulletin board. par the course.
    lol still lying, and still butthurt that I proved you wrong. I like how the thread was fine until you started trolling.

Thread Information