Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet currently is the better player regardless of situation.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Laugh all you want. 18 points on 16 shots is not efficient. His teammates aren’t the reason why he is a chucker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet currently is the better player regardless of situation.
    No, he just has better teammates, and draws less attention.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    No, he just has better teammates, and draws less attention.
    Wemby was shooting 5 three’s a game overseas in his last 34 games, and was shooting the same 26 percent he is now. Because he isn’t strong enough to play consistently in the post. He is a chucker. Teammates are not an excuse when you are 7’6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby was shooting 5 three’s a game overseas in his last 34 games, and was shooting the same 26 percent he is now. Because he isn’t strong enough to play consistently in the post. He is a chucker. Teammates are not an excuse when you are 7’6.
    Hate all you want, but when the defense looks at our offense, they 100% concentrate on Wemby. When they look at OKC, they 100% concentrate on All NBA guard SGA. Attention makes a difference in your scoring.

Your at ude would be different if you hadn't whiffed on the lottery again.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet against the rockets: 4pts, 5rebs; 0% from three, 22% from two. Hess shooting has really come back to earth the past few games after he was super hot to start the season. It will be interesting to see the media still favor Chet for ROY with his numbers really dropping. They’ll probably go all in on team record as the basis for giving it to him, which is both absurd and unprecedented

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Hate all you want, but when the defense looks at our offense, they 100% concentrate on Wemby. When they look at OKC, they 100% concentrate on All NBA guard SGA. Attention makes a difference in your scoring.

Because Victor cannot play consistently in the post. He is too big to be just a jump shooter. And I’ve seen guys put up stats on bad teams. Nobody gets the excuse. Also, Amen Thompson nor Sengun were whiffs :shrug

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Chet against the rockets: 4pts, 5rebs; 0% from three, 22% from two. Hess shooting has really come back to earth the past few games after he was super hot to start the season. It will be interesting to see the media still favor Chet for ROY with his numbers really dropping. They’ll probably go all in on team record as the basis for giving it to him, which is both absurd and unprecedented
    He’s still shooting a better percentage than Wemby, on 2’s and 3’s. Similar rebound stats steals, and less turnovers. Chet is actually scoring more efficiently on 5 less shots as well.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s still shooting a better percentage than Wemby, on 2’s and 3’s. Similar rebound stats steals, and less turnovers. Chet is actually scoring more efficiently on 5 less shots as well.
    Like I said, it’s a trend. He’s sub-40% on three now and trending towards sub 50% on 2s. If you’re a low usage role player, you have to be really efficient to have an edge over a high usage main weapon who has better stats than you. I mean, less than 8 rebounds a game for a 7 foot center is pathetic.

easy to be efficient when you are not relied on to generate offense for your team.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Like I said, it’s a trend. He’s sub-40% on three now and trending towards sub 50% on 2s. If you’re a low usage role player, you have to be really efficient to have an edge over a high usage main weapon who has better stats than you. I mean, less than 8 rebounds a game for a 7 foot center is pathetic.

easy to be efficient when you are not relied on to generate offense for your team.
    So he isn’t efficient because his team relies on him too much? Lol okay then what’s the reason LeBron was so efficient when those Cav teams relied upon him heavily?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Who did they whiff on? Jabari? Because Ime (an actual decent coach) is already turning him around.

I guess Jalen Green but Sengun, Eason, and Amen are gonna be pretty damn good tbh. the Rockets obv but such a typical Spurs homer take tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't felt like the team has bought into the idea of helping Wemby get ROY.
    Either they are just incredibly inept, or, they are not looking to help him get into a rhythm and get some easy buckets.
    Chet gets some great looks with Giddy distributing and the defense collapsing on SGA. It's gonna take a village for Wemby to reach his potential. Not seeing much of that yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No issue with anybody saying Chet > Wemby as ROTY so far since he's in the perfect situation to gun for the award while Wemby has literally been done zero favors by his coach.

But there isn't a single NBA GM that would trade Chet for Wemby at this point. Not a damn one
    Last edited by Mugen; 12-07-2023 at 11:55 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who did they whiff on? Jabari? Because Ime (an actual decent coach) is already turning him around.

I guess Jalen Green but Sengun, Eason, and Amen are gonna be pretty damn good tbh. the Rockets obv but such a typical Spurs homer take tbh
    Whiffed, as in didn't win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he isn’t efficient because his team relies on him too much? Lol okay then what’s the reason LeBron was so efficient when those Cav teams relied upon him heavily?

When LeBron was 19 and a rookie with Cleveland, he shot 43.8% from 2, 29% from 3, and had a 48.8 TS%. Wemby's #s are 51% from 2, 26.5% from 3, and a 52.2 TS%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When LeBron was 19 and a rookie with Cleveland, he shot 43.8% from 2, 29% from 3, and had a 48.8 TS%. Wemby's #s are 51% from 2, 26.5% from 3, and a 52.2 TS%.
    Cleveland had a way better team too. At least on paper. Imagine Carlos Boozer or Zydrunas Ilgauskas alone next to Wemby/coming off the bench. Not from a personality standpoint etc, not trying to theory craft too hard. But just in raw talent, those two are better than anyone we have than Vassell, maybe. And LeBron had Desagana Diop (early in his career, admittedly) and Ricky Davis too though he didn't play many games.

The only real advantage Wemby has over LeBron's rookie team on paper is (or is supposed to be) Pop

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How efficient was Lebron when he was a rookie? Or KD? You people are just grasping at straws now

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How efficient was Lebron when he was a rookie? Or KD? You people are just grasping at straws now
    Bitter Rox fan is bitter.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Cleveland had a way better team too. At least on paper. Imagine Carlos Boozer or Zydrunas Ilgauskas alone next to Wemby/coming off the bench. Not from a personality standpoint etc, not trying to theory craft too hard. But just in raw talent, those two are better than anyone we have than Vassell, maybe. And LeBron had Desagana Diop (early in his career, admittedly) and Ricky Davis too though he didn't play many games.

The only real advantage Wemby has over LeBron's rookie team on paper is (or is supposed to be) Pop
    acting like LeBron had anything of a decent team that year after they won only 17 games the year before.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Am I missing something or did Cleveland not rely solely on LeBron for multiple years? Because an argument was made that Victor is struggling because he is being relied on too much which is a ridiculous excuse.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Bitter Rox fan is bitter.
    Bitter about what? Rockets fans have seen the last few years guys put up stats on bad teams. It means nothing until actual development happens. Chet CURRENTLY looks better, it is OKAY to admit that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    acting like LeBron had anything of a decent team that year after they won only 17 games the year before.
    Didn't say decent. Said way better than the current Spurs team.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Didn't say decent. Said way better than the current Spurs team.
    And even that is a stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And even that is a stretch.
    Carlos Boozer in 2004 >>>>>>> Zach Collins
    Zydrunas Ilgauskas in 2004 >>>>>> Zach Collins
    Jeff McInnis (in limited games) >>>>>> whoever we decide to around with at PG (in terms of true PG/passing skills)

Like I said, either one of the bigs alone over Zollins instantly make the Spurs a way better team. Big Z had the second most freethrows averaged on that team besides LBJ and Boozer averaged over 11 rebounds per game.

If we had someone like McInnis who could average nearly 8 assists a game while shooting 39% from deep, Wemby would look way better than Chet, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I missing something or did Cleveland not rely solely on LeBron for multiple years? Because an argument was made that Victor is struggling because he is being relied on too much which is a ridiculous excuse.

You said what’s the reason LeBron was so efficient when those Cav teams relied upon him heavily... I'm just pointing out that he wasn't uber efficient at Victor's age in the same way he was later. If your point is that 19 year old Victor isn't as efficient as an older Lebron, I don't think anyone would argue against that. Lebron didn't top a 60% TS% until he was 25.

Thread Information