Page 114 of 338 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 8442
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under 18 is really his sweet spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham vs. Branham is an interesting comp to me, as someone who likes both. I root for Branham and hope he figures things out. I think he will, whether he sticks here or not.

Branham. More of a curling, midrange, pacy threat. Developing deep range threat. Threat as a cutter. More of an in-the-flow scorer. Pretty savvy finisher inside. Seems kind of scared to play well, like he needs permission to be good. Strictly a spot-up three point shooter or stepping into the shot, not a movement shooter. Content to post on wings and get the ball on secondary actions. Getting better at boarding and getting assists. Good ball-handler, but does not necessarily see the floor while moving with it. Good size and strength for his position. Dies on screens, like he hits the screen and it's over, loses effort and attention, cancels himself from defensive plays when shots go up, like his role is over. Not really great instincts, either. Starting to use his body and strength better on defense, especially on drives. Need to watch more to see if he's canceling himself and dying on screens as much. I believe he can become a better defender but will require constant engagement and purpose.

Dillingham. Works best with the ball in his hands, at least initiating, but can play off-ball. Not sure he can scale down. Exceptional quickness and mobility, changing direction and exceptionally shifty with the ball. Superb counters at his age. I think few NBA defenders will prevent him from getting to where he wants to go. Can get to the rim but weak in finishing. Small player who plays even smaller. Good but not exceptional passer, looks for lobs and skip passes. Can get really hot. Seems to have a clutch mentality. Has very good range and can shoot threes in small spaces and in movement. Will never be a rebounder. Fouls a lot. Defense is a big issue. Partly due to poor coaching, although he's engaged, communicative, and is trying hard to get better (by watching on the court). Will never overcome his size. Is lead-footed and blown by on defense, but can probably improve with seasoning. Positioning, rotations, assignments, all a mess, but improving. Quickness can make up for screens, but needs to be done.

Vs. Really different players! In almost every way - how they like their shots, how they get them, even how they're bad at defense in different ways. To me Dillingham's range of outcomes is much wider -- bust potential, star potential. Branham I think is definitely an NBA pro-level guy, long-term career. Dillingham, could go either way.

I've always viewed Branham as a shooting guard, never once a lead guard.

Dillingham to me screams All Star. his ability to set the table and score is amazing.

defense, eh, add another good wing defender and with Vassell Sochan and Wemby they can make up for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dillingham vs. Branham is an interesting comp to me, as someone who likes both. I root for Branham and hope he figures things out. I think he will, whether he sticks here or not.

Branham. More of a curling, midrange, pacy threat. Developing deep range threat. Threat as a cutter. More of an in-the-flow scorer. Pretty savvy finisher inside. Seems kind of scared to play well, like he needs permission to be good. Strictly a spot-up three point shooter or stepping into the shot, not a movement shooter. Content to post on wings and get the ball on secondary actions. Getting better at boarding and getting assists. Good ball-handler, but does not necessarily see the floor while moving with it. Good size and strength for his position. Dies on screens, like he hits the screen and it's over, loses effort and attention, cancels himself from defensive plays when shots go up, like his role is over. Not really great instincts, either. Starting to use his body and strength better on defense, especially on drives. Need to watch more to see if he's canceling himself and dying on screens as much. I believe he can become a better defender but will require constant engagement and purpose.

Dillingham. Works best with the ball in his hands, at least initiating, but can play off-ball. Not sure he can scale down. Exceptional quickness and mobility, changing direction and exceptionally shifty with the ball. Superb counters at his age. I think few NBA defenders will prevent him from getting to where he wants to go. Can get to the rim but weak in finishing. Small player who plays even smaller. Good but not exceptional passer, looks for lobs and skip passes. Can get really hot. Seems to have a clutch mentality. Has very good range and can shoot threes in small spaces and in movement. Will never be a rebounder. Fouls a lot. Defense is a big issue. Partly due to poor coaching, although he's engaged, communicative, and is trying hard to get better (by watching on the court). Will never overcome his size. Is lead-footed and blown by on defense, but can probably improve with seasoning. Positioning, rotations, assignments, all a mess, but improving. Quickness can make up for screens, but needs to be done.

Vs. Really different players! In almost every way - how they like their shots, how they get them, even how they're bad at defense in different ways. To me Dillingham's range of outcomes is much wider -- bust potential, star potential. Branham I think is definitely an NBA pro-level guy, long-term career. Dillingham, could go either way.
    Dillingham has a shot to be a Lillard type player. The issue is his limitations require him to be an elite shooter/playmaker. Topic is another player with questionable boom bust extremes. Either one would be great with the Toronto pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've always viewed Branham as a shooting guard, never once a lead guard.

Dillingham to me screams All Star. his ability to set the table and score is amazing.

defense, eh, add another good wing defender and with Vassell Sochan and Wemby they can make up for it.
    Agree on Malaki as a SG definitely.

I honestly think Dillingham can improve. Like I say, a lot of his problems are positional and not knowing what to do. Unfortunately he'll still get overpowered but you have to live with that.

Wemby covers so much, though. I believe the team can make it work.

He also has leadership qualities and rises to the occasion in end games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really have a draft board, but

1. Risacher
    2. Dillingham

are a lock for me. I think these 2 have the highest ceiling in this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't really have a draft board, but

1. Risacher
    2. Dillingham

are a lock for me. I think these 2 have the highest ceiling in this draft.
    1-Risacher with out pick.
    2-Dillingham/Sheppard with the Raptors pick.
    3.Chomche with the 2nd round pick.

My dream draft so far.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ryan Dunn. Defensively he’s Kawhi on steroids. He’s not projected to be a lottery pick, so that’s why I’d trade the Raptors pick to move back for both of NY’s late firsts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryan Dunn. Defensively he’s Kawhi on steroids. He’s not projected to be a lottery pick, so that’s why I’d trade the Raptors pick to move back for both of NY’s late firsts
    Trading the Raptors pick would mean no Dilly, there's not a chance the Spurs (or any other team) draft him in the top 3, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Dilly but the kid is 160 pounds soaking wet and I think when he goes through the draft process he will measure max at 6'1 with shoes. As far as who we pick I don't have a dog in this fight but I am thinking that we will not be picking in the top 3 I think when it comes to the draft we will be picking 4 to 6 and will be getting Raptors pick which will be 8 or 9 so that makes things very interesting.

5 - Matas - SF/PF
    8 - Sheppard - PG/SG
    33 - Bradshaw -C
    43 - Alex Karban - SF

or

6. Sheppard - PG/SG
    9. Tidjane Salaun - PF
    33. Carlton Carrington - PG
    43. Ivisic - PF/C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When everyone was out, I was in. (Same thing with Collier).

everything Matas does is way more convincing than any forward in this draft. The makings of a 3-level scorer are there. Honestly the most impressive thing is how physical he is inside.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading the Raptors pick would mean no Dilly, there's not a chance the Spurs (or any other team) draft him in the top 3, tbh.
    If that bum Cody Williams is considered a potential top 3 pick in this weak ass draft, Dillingham is there too. Y’all are really overselling most of these dudes lol

I’m hearing names like Matas Buzelis up there who’s a net negative in the G-League

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, I can now return to lurking mode on ST since my drumbeating on Sheppard for Toronto pick is catching more grounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that bum Cody Williams is considered a potential top 3 pick in this weak ass draft, Dillingham is there too. Y’all are really overselling most of these dudes lol

I’m hearing names like Matas Buzelis up there who’s a net negative in the G-League
    Maybe, but nobody is taking a 6 foot nothing skinny ass kid that comes off the bench in the top 3, tbh. In any case, if you want to trade down and still get Dilly without reaching, the best thing would be to trade down from the Spurs' pick, not the Raptors one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

When everyone was out, I was in. (Same thing with Collier).

everything Matas does is way more convincing than any forward in this draft. The makings of a 3-level scorer are there. Honestly the most impressive thing is how physical he is inside.
    A do it all forward with suspect shooting is less valuable for us than a limited forward with very good shooting, tbh.

e.i: a Nicolas Batum (which according to Bruno is Risacher's floor) is a lot more valuable next to Wemby than an Andrei Kirilenko with slightly better shooting.
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-04-2024 at 08:44 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think so? Can't get a read on Cody, he does not fit any desirable archetype.
    I like the idea of him a lot. Point Forward with high bbiq, intentional/deliberate game that is shifty and appears to play low to the ground. Seems like he will be able to create for others while putting pressure on the rim (something we’ve all been clamoring for). Appears to be a decent shooter, albeit in small sample size. Since we had Bobo, I’ve long wanted that archetype of player again. Cody feels close.

The big question mark for me is, in theory, that is what you want from Sochan too. So do you use a draft resource on Cody or bet on Jeremy to grow into that playmaker at the forward position? Or do you pick Risacher who is more plug and play and doesn’t immediately need the ball? Or can Sochan and Cody co-exist up front with Vic bc Cody is a decent shooter/Jermey continues to improve in that area?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of him a lot. Point Forward with high bbiq, intentional/deliberate game that is shifty and appears to play low to the ground. Seems like he will be able to create for others while putting pressure on the rim (something we’ve all been clamoring for). Appears to be a decent shooter, albeit in small sample size. Since we had Bobo, I’ve long wanted that archetype of player again. Cody feels close.

The big question mark for me is, in theory, that is what you want from Sochan too. So do you use a draft resource on Cody or bet on Jeremy to grow into that playmaker at the forward position? Or do you pick Risacher who is more plug and play and doesn’t immediately need the ball? Or can Sochan and Cody co-exist up front with Vic bc Cody is a decent shooter/Jermey continues to improve in that area?
    I don't trust Cody's shot coming around at all. His pull up game is non-existent. Everytime he tries to shoot off his dribble it looks awful, like prime Chuck Hayes free throw form. That takes away from his suppossed point forward potential. What kind of pressure can he put on opposing defenses when they can just sag off from him and wait him at the rim?
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-04-2024 at 08:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, but nobody is taking a 6 foot nothing skinny ass kid that comes off the bench in the top 3, tbh. In any case, if you want to trade down and still get Dilly without reaching, the best thing would be to trade down from the Spurs' pick, not the Raptors one.
    Devin Booker came off the bench at UK 38 times, and averaged a whopping 10.0 ppg. UK draws 3-4 absolute blue chip guards every year. Someone has to come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devin Booker came off the bench at UK 38 times, and averaged a whopping 10.0 ppg. UK draws 3-4 absolute blue chip guards every year. Someone has to come off the bench.
    If Dilly were 6'6'' he would be the unquestioned number one pick on this draft, 6th man be damned.
    Last edited by DAF86; 03-04-2024 at 10:36 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guy is 6 feet tall....If hes not making shots he worthless.Booker can defend and pass if hes not making shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    guy is 6 feet tall....If hes not making shots he worthless.Booker can defend and pass if hes not making shots.
    The next time Devin Booker plays any defense will be the first. As for the 6 foot thing, you don’t know that, and won’t until the combine when all players now have to be measured. You don’t like him, so you view him as shorter than necessary.

Booker’s asst% at UK was 10.9. Dillingham’s is 29, so touting Bookers playmaking isn’t the win you think it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, there are social media rumblings about Dillingham growing an inch since the beginning of the college season. He did appear taller on that last couple of games (highlights) I've seen of him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, there are social media rumblings about Dillingham growing an inch since the beginning of the college season. He did appear taller on that last couple of games (highlights) I've seen of him.
    whats his wingspan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/co..._has_grown_is/

I'm glad teams get access to combine measurements for every player now so they don't have to rely on reports like these.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust Cody's shot coming around at all. His pull up game is non-existent. Everytime he tries to shoot off his dribble it looks awful, like prime Chuck Hayes free throw form. That takes away from his suppossed point forward potential. What kind of pressure can he put on opposing defenses when they can just sag off from him and wait him at the rim?
    I don't think he's a point forward at all. Just because a guy is wing and can swing the ball it doesn't mean he's LeBron James.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concerns about Dillingham's size are well founded. Dude is tiny. I almost want to draft him just to see him next to Wemby.

Concerns about what he does if he doesn't shoot well are also founded. He has superior handles and quickness, so there's something.

But I think his shooting will translate. It's even improvable, potentially: he twists his legs or kicks them out. He's not actually uniform, which you want. The dude is just a born shooter. And a pure one - he splashes that and his shooter's touch is so pretty. He's like the anti-Collier.

The league has tons of small guards. And they're the types who shred us. Anfernee Simons, De'Aaron Fox, those types who you can't game plan for. Even TJ McConnell, who scores in different areas but does the same crap - gets anywhere and pops from anywhere.

Thread Information